March 16, 2024
Lenten Weekday
Encounter the Word
The guards answered, “Never before has anyone spoken
like this man.”
John 7:46

My dear friend Estella, who is 90 years old, says that she can tell in ten minutes if a preacher really “knows the Lord.” In today’s Gospel, the Pharisees mocked the guards for using their own judgment for not arresting Jesus. For the Pharisees, Jesus is mere show for “this crowd, which does not know the law...” (v. 49).

If you ever get a chance to comment on Scripture, there is no substitute for your own prayerful encounter with the Word: Living Faith—that’s what this publication is called, for good reason! Jesus makes it easy. Just lay your head on Jesus’ breast, as John himself did (John 13:23, 25), and you will stay on course. The Pharisees are full of themselves; they have no room forthe Lord!

- Miguel Dulick

Jeremiah 11:18-20 • Psalm 7:2-3, 9-12 • John 7:40-53

Comments

March 16, 2024 at 05:00 PM

Prayers for our Living Faith Family. You are All such a blessing, and I am so grateful to belong to this wonderful group. May God Bless us Everyone!

March 16, 2024 at 01:07 PM

Adding my prayers to everyone in need this day.

March 16, 2024 at 12:27 PM

March 16, 2024 at 11:15 AM

When I took my Physical Chemistry exam in college, the first thing I did was to write down all the formulas I memorized, so I can focus on the exam questions. I needed those formulas to answer the exam questions! *** Here are the formulas I found in Scripture, so they answer my questions about Scriptures! John 1:1, 14, “In the beginning, the Word was already there. The Word was with God, and the Word was God…The Word became a human being. He made his home with us. We have seen His glory. It is the glory of the One and Only, Who came from the Father. And the Word was full of grace and truth!” *** Word = God; Word = Human Being from the Father full of Grace and Truth! Therefore, Word = God = Human Being from the Father full of Grace and Truth! *** Answer to my question about Scripture therefore is Jesus = Human Being from the Father full of Grace and Truth = God = Word! ******* Reading the Word is my daily encounter with Jesus Himself :-) Holy Spirit is my teacher, my translator and my guide when I don’t understand or get it :-) ******* Luke 8:15, “And the seeds that fell on the good soil represent honest, good-hearted people who hear God’s Word (Jesus), cling to it (God’s Word), and patiently produce a huge harvest!” Amen ❤️

March 16, 2024 at 11:06 AM

Hi Ken, Congratulations on the Baptisms of all your grandchildren! Loving prayers for Christine, Stephanie, Debbie, and Anna. Also praying for your sons, who you love with all your heart. Prayers for the poor souls in purgatory and for all who have no one to pray for them.

March 16, 2024 at 10:34 AM

Christine is caring for her mother Stephanie. Debbie needs prayers for her daughter Anna, my blessed sons both need your prayers. Ken

March 16, 2024 at 10:31 AM

Holly I will pray for you right now. Jane and Pam keep up with those contributions to this site. Miguel Thank you for your contributions and comments to this site I too was a high school teacher and I tell people " I never worked a day in my life " Looking for the good in others is not always easy. Living faith family continues to make me grow. Living faith family some updates have not been able to find Maryanne or any word about her son Carl. The Feedmore organization has no clue where they are. Please keep them in your prayers. Vincent great news hope to hear from you more. Stormy journey sounds like a super friend and companion. Stephanie is still caring for her mother who lost her husband Anthony and they need our prayers. God’s been good to me last week we baptized my youngest granddaughter now all grandchildren are done, for now. Found out lady from my church makes rosaries and gave them to the family faith formation group. I asked her if she had any for my 2nd grade class, which I teach in another church. Yes I will get them next week. Rambling again and I am still not a robot. Ken .

March 16, 2024 at 10:12 AM

Thank you Miguel. I need surgery on both hands so I rarely comment but I am so appreciative of this community! God's blessings are pouring down on us!

peggyR
March 16, 2024 at 10:57 AM

Sending prayers for you, Holly. Praying that your hand surgeries turn out well. Hope the healing process is smooth and speedy.

March 16, 2024 at 09:41 AM

Wow I haven’t even read today’s meditation but had to say after my daily review of yesterday’s comments what a great community we have here!! We truly follow what the Word teaches especially when helping to guide each other! I actually feel proud of you as my friends! peggyR and all those that provide that comforting ear or presence for those that lean more than they support—that is one of the biggest ministries that so few recognize! I used to call it my “charity time” with my dad who only called when he needed something or someone to talk to. It eventually flowed over to the brother that is his clone of sorts. And now I find I have really done it all along to some extent with friends and strangers. It is what God gave me for a ministry. And I’ve said this before here too, sometimes we offer opportunity. We may be the opportunity to someone else to choose between good and evil, right and wrong, kindness and bitterness. When we act as Jesus we have to realize that not everyone chose His way when he offered and it will be the same for us—we may get pushed off or trampled on but we need to find our quiet place to pray and recoup and go out and offer again. One caveat that I have learned especially from an “enabling” perspective is that Jesus did not go after the young man who had many riches and chose to walk away—He let him go, but that didn’t stop Him from seeking and offering to the next person. Have a blessed day my friends!!

March 16, 2024 at 09:11 AM

Miguel great words to live by each day. It is so very hard not judge others and to see or hear the real truth. May Jesus guide us each day to live in his word and see the real truth of each person. LFF just wanted to update you about Journey. This has been an amazing experience and I thank God for his "God Wink." It's like Journey has always been here she fit in so well. Thank you everyone for your prayers. Blessings to all the LFF and especially those enduring hard times and struggles. May we all go out and spread the love of God to all the world each and everyday.

Vicky G
March 16, 2024 at 09:59 AM

Stormy I think Journey is that light to replenish what you give to all those grumpy grumps you encounter each day in your community. There are so many out there who wish to live off the light of others instead of opening up to the light of Christ. May God give you strength and blessings in sharing your (and His) light with others and may Journey continue to fortify you as a lovely creature of God. Blessings!

March 16, 2024 at 08:31 AM

Well said, Miguel. Living Faith is first on my list each morning. Stay Blessed! Aj

March 16, 2024 at 07:54 AM

Thank you Miguel. The Lord speaks to us through the Word in so many ways. That’s part of the reason why I love engaging on this site because everyone shares how they are spoken to and the stories that go along with it. Lifting our community today with blessings for a lovely weekend. Uplifting Cass, Karen, Robert and Lyndell in prayer today. Amen.

peggyR
March 16, 2024 at 06:35 PM

Continued prayers for Cass and Karen, Robert and Lyndell. Hoping their burdens become lighter every day.Thank you, Lord Jesus.

March 16, 2024 at 07:49 AM

Lord please hear our prayers and bring your light to all those suffering in Haiti, the Middle East, Ukraine, Russia, the Sudan, and all those suffering around the world - also for their strength, courage and resilience to continue walking in faith. Send them your light. Father in Heaven, have mercy on us and on the whole world! You sent Your Son, the Prince of Peace, for the salvation of the world. We pray that the Peace of Christ will reign in Haiti, the Middle East, Ukraine, Russia and Sudan. Please protect and send aid to those in need and all who are at-risk. We pray for peace and rebuilding– we who are working towards it and for all those who are suffering or in danger from conflicts. We pray for an end to violence and war – we pray for wisdom for all leaders who have a hand in this. Lord God please help those in most need of thy mercy. Amen.

March 16, 2024 at 05:26 AM

just to say thank you for all the people who prayed for me last week when I posted how hard life was for me! Life has got a lot better and I thank God for answering all those prayers

Bill S
March 16, 2024 at 11:53 PM

Great to hear that things are going well for you Vincent. Always remember, “If God is for us, who can be against us”? Enjoy the weekend.

peggyR
March 16, 2024 at 10:11 AM

Wow, that’s such good news Vincent! I think you have to give yourself some credit for not holding back and facing the things that may be causing your anxiety. And yes, our prayers and the strength of Our Lord are with you. Enjoy your St Patrick’s Day weekend.

Cheryl
March 16, 2024 at 10:04 AM

Good morning LFF.... that's great news Vincent... always remember our Lord is always with you... through good and not so good times... and he ALWAYS brings us through better and greater than ever...I can attest to that

Stormy
March 16, 2024 at 09:03 AM

Vincent that is good news and more prayers for continued happiness and love!

Joann
March 16, 2024 at 08:14 AM

Glad to hear that things are going better for you Vincent

jane
March 16, 2024 at 07:51 AM

Good Morning Vincent and what glorious news from you. Thank you for sharing and have a spectacular weekend.

Sandy
March 16, 2024 at 07:24 AM

Good news Vincent! You made me smile my first smile of the day!

The Gospel of John Scripture text. Image by Noah | stock.adobe.com