March 10, 2024
Fourth Sunday of Lent
Rejoicing in God’s Love
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.
John 3:16

Today is Laetare Sunday (from the Latin word for “rejoice”), and the famous Gospel passage we hear today explains the source of our joy: God loves us!

The mysteries we are preparing to celebrate at Easter are rooted in the inexhaustible love God has for each of us. In our sinfulness, we deserve death, but God sent to us his own Son to share in our humanity and deliver us from the consequences of our sins.

- Jonathan F. Sullivan

2 Chronicles 36:14-16, 19-23 • Psalm 137:1-6 • Ephesians 2:4-10 • John 3:14-21

Comments

March 10, 2024 at 05:06 PM

Jonathon, thank you for the beautiful reflection today. What I will take with me is, "This isn’t a gift granted to us as anonymous persons. God knows each of us individually, by name, and sent Jesus for us. For me. For you." It reminds me of when someone on this site said (sorry I don't remember who) that God has my picture on His refrigerator. Even though I'm a sinner, he loves me and wants to make me the best version of myself...the version he created me to be. Thank you Lord. Robert made it out of his surgery successfully. Thank you for the continued prayers. Stormy...so happy that Journey is acclimatizing well as we all expected her to! Continued blessings to the LFF. Amen.

March 10, 2024 at 04:55 PM

Lord please hear our prayers and bring your light to all those suffering in the Middle East, Ukraine, Russia, the Sudan, and all those suffering around the world - also for their strength, courage and resilience to continue walking in faith. Send them your light. Father in Heaven, have mercy on us and on the whole world! You sent Your Son, the Prince of Peace, for the salvation of the world. We pray that the Peace of Christ will reign in the Middle East, Ukraine, Russia and Sudan. Please protect and send aid to those in need and all who are at-risk. We pray for peace and rebuilding– we who are working towards it and for all those who are suffering or in danger from conflicts. We pray for an end to violence and war – we pray for wisdom for all leaders who have a hand in this. Lord God please help those in most need of thy mercy. Amen.

March 10, 2024 at 01:18 PM

Amen. :)

March 10, 2024 at 10:50 AM

Yes, Lord Jesus! *** John 3:16, "God so loved the world that He gave His One and only Son. Anyone who believes in Him will not die but will have eternal life!" *** That it also means that anyone who does not believe in Jesus will die and will not have eternal life! Let that fact sinks in and turns my broken heart into telling, "Anyone who believes in Jesus will not die but have eternal life! *** This fact is reinforced or repeated in John 3:17-18, "God did not send His Son into the world to judge the world. He sent his Son to save the world through Him. Anyone Who believes in Him is not judged. But anyone who does not believe is judged already. They have not believed in the Name of God’s One and only Son!" ******* I thank Jesus for His prayer for me in John 17:20, "I (Jesus) do not pray only for them (His disciples). I pray also for everyone who will believe (future believers) in Me because of their (His followers - Christians) message!" *** I pray for the unbelievers who are poor or rich, homeless or home, broken or whole, sick or healthy, old or young, male or female in all nations and races to know You, Jesus, the Son of God, and to believe that You are sent by God the Father, so anyone who believes in Jesus will not die but have eternal life starting right now ✝️ *** His love for us and His patience with us in 2 Peter 3:9, "The Lord is not slow to keep His promise. He is not slow in the way some people understand it. Instead, He is patient with you. He doesn’t want anyone to be destroyed. Instead, He wants all people to turn away from their sins!" ✝️ *** Jesus gave us the definition of "Eteranl Life" in His prayer to the Father in John 17:3, "And what is eternal life? It is knowing You, the Only true God, and Jesus Christ, Whom You have sent!" ✝️ ******* You and I have beautiful feet in Romans 10:14-15, "How can they call on Him unless they believe in Him? How can they believe in Him unless they hear about Him? How can they hear about Him unless someone preaches to them? And how can anyone preach without being sent? It is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” (Isaiah 52:7) *** Born Again by News boys https://youtu.be/us4VSFAKuPY?si=Tb4ptnHNqbTUpXnb *** We Believe by Newsboys https://youtu.be/FtPmX7e_Rpw?si=r60IBoaXQLYUGfl0 *** God's Not Dead by Newsboys https://youtu.be/ghC3gqNQJPQ?si=DQDhEJxptnNNXZNc

March 10, 2024 at 10:05 AM

Lord, you love us even in our sinfulness. Grant that we may come to know your love better and share it with those around us. Amen. Thank you for this prayer, Jonathan. It speaks to my heart. I pray to love and feel the genuine compassion that Jesus did. Continued prayers for all Living Faith Family.

March 10, 2024 at 09:37 AM

Thank you Jonathan for the reminder that God has not forgotten us and still loves us. Sometimes I can be very hard on myself and get into the pity party. Blessings to all the LFF especially those needing an extra prayer and hand these days. May we all go into the world and share the love God.

Stormy
March 10, 2024 at 09:43 AM

Just read yesterdays responses. Thank you everyone for your well wishes with Journey. She has begun to fit in so well already that it's like she has always been here woo hoo. We were blessed the day I found this site and all you wonderful people. THANK YOU! Gosh I wish I could hug everyone and make life wonderful for all the world.

March 10, 2024 at 09:07 AM

Having worked with homeless families and their children since 2008, the first thing I thank God for every morning when I wake up is a nice warm bed with a roof over my head. It is humbling to reflect on how many people in my hometown, in my state, in my country, at our southern border, in Ukraine and Gaza and refugee camps around the world don’t have this basic necessity of life. Thank you, Lord, for this gift I enjoy every night.

jane
March 10, 2024 at 05:00 PM

I love this Joe. I especially think this when it's storming outside or bitter cold. Thank you for your continued ministry with the homeless. May God continue to bless you as you minister to our brothers and sisters. Amen.

peggyR
March 10, 2024 at 10:28 AM

Thank you for your dedication and commitment to the homeless, Joe. You are right, we are so blessed to have a home and a family every day. My prayers for all the homeless and lonely people in our world. Lord, in your goodness, please remember them.

March 10, 2024 at 09:05 AM

Amen... thank you Jonathan for your shout message during this blessed season

March 10, 2024 at 08:26 AM

Oh that the world might repent and accept the love of the Father through the sacrificial gift of His son, Jesus. Lord Jesus Christ, only son of the Father, have mercy on me a sinner. Lord Jesus Christ, only son of the Father, have mercy on me a sinner. Lord Jesus Christ, only son of the Father, have mercy on me a sinner.

March 10, 2024 at 10:06 AM

Amen ✝️

March 10, 2024 at 07:33 AM

Amen.☮️

March 10, 2024 at 01:49 AM

Great message Jonathan! "For God so loved the world"

Charity illustration concept with abstract, diverse persons, hands and hearts. Image by Clipart Collectors | stock.adobe.com