March 9, 2024
St. Frances of Rome
The Third Day
He will revive us after two days;
on the third day he will raise us up,
to live in his presence.
Let us know, let us strive to know the LORD;
as certain as the dawn is his coming…
Hosea 6:2-3

At this point in our Lenten journey, we’re a little past the halfway mark of the Lenten season. We continue in our desire to companion Jesus through the days of his suffering and death. But because this is the Paschal Mystery, we know the third day is on the horizon. The Paschal Mystery must include not only the Passion of Jesus, not only the silent waiting of Holy Saturday, but also the rising of Jesus into new life. Hosea describes this process as being revived after two days and then being raised up to live forever in the Holy One’s presence in new and blessed ways.

Jesus, Son of God, be with me in all seasons of my life. May I companion you as you forever accompany me.

- Sr. Chris Koellhoffer, I.H.M.

Hosea 6:1-6 • Psalm 51:3-4, 18-21 • Luke 18:9-14

Comments

March 9, 2024 at 10:13 PM

Such a beautiful reflection, Sister Chris. The little prayer at the end touches so deeply. Oh to always remember that Our Lord Jesus is always with us.We are never, ever alone. Thank you so much

March 9, 2024 at 03:28 PM

Amen. :)

March 9, 2024 at 11:11 AM

Good morning LFF, yesterday JJC mentioned that it was International Women’s Day. Not coincidentally, the movie “Cabrini” opened in theatres around the country. I decided to take my bride out to see it on a date night. Frankly, I knew very little about Mother Cabrini prior to seeing the movie. All I can say is “Wow”. If you want to be inspired this Lenten season, beyond what we receive daily from being on this site, get out and see this film. You won’t regret it! God bless everyone in the LFF.

March 9, 2024 at 09:31 AM

Sr. Chris your caring words are an inspiration to all. Great reflection. Thank you for sharing. May Gods light shine on us all. LFF thank you for your kindness and prayers. I happy to say that Journey is now home with me and with God as our leader it went perfectly. On our first meeting she came right up to me. The foster mother said that was very unusual and immediately stated that she knew this was meant to be. We have to get used to each other but she fit in at home right that. Woo Hoo happy dance! Blessings to all the LFF especially that with extra needs theses days. May we all go out and spread Gods love to all the world.

jane
March 10, 2024 at 04:54 PM

Stormy...this is great news. So glad Journey is home with you. Amen!

Bill L.
March 9, 2024 at 03:09 PM

Great news, Stormy. I'm sure Journey felt the love from you immediately.

Rita
March 9, 2024 at 12:10 PM

Stormy, I've been praying for you these last few days. So happy you and Journey are home safe. Praise our Father. Happy Dance indeed. Rita

Bill S
March 9, 2024 at 11:05 AM

Stormy, So happy to hear that you and Journey are bonding quickly and that you have found each other. God is good all the time, all the time, God is good.

peggyR
March 9, 2024 at 10:42 AM

Hallelujah and Happy Dance, Miss Stormy! Enjoy getting to know your new puppy and hope you enjoy every minute of it! Glad you’re home safe and sound.

Irene
March 9, 2024 at 10:18 AM

So glad that your furbaby is now home with you!! Prayers do get answered. May you have many happy days ahead with Journey!

March 9, 2024 at 09:30 AM

Thank you Sr. Kris. We are half-way through and continuing to tend to our spiritual gardens. May everyone’s journey be a fruitful one. Asking for prayers for Robert, undergoing heart valve surgery and Karen who is undergoing her chemo. Amen.

peggyR
March 9, 2024 at 10:38 AM

Sending prayers of strength and comfort to Robert and Karen as they both endure difficult procedures today. Praying that they will feel the warmth of Our Lord around them and know His great Love for them.

March 9, 2024 at 09:26 AM

Lord please hear our prayers and bring your light to all those suffering in the Middle East, Ukraine, Russia, the Sudan, and all those suffering around the world - also for their strength, courage and resilience to continue walking in faith. Send them your light. Father in Heaven, have mercy on us and on the whole world! You sent Your Son, the Prince of Peace, for the salvation of the world. We pray that the Peace of Christ will reign in the Middle East, Ukraine, Russia and Sudan. Please protect and send aid to those in need and all who are at-risk. We pray for peace and rebuilding– we who are working towards it and for all those who are suffering or in danger from conflicts. We pray for an end to violence and war – we pray for wisdom for all leaders who have a hand in this. Lord God please help those in most need of thy mercy. Amen.

March 9, 2024 at 09:16 AM

Living faith family please pray for my 2nd grade class today's the first reconciliation we have prepared and last week went to church to sit in the confessional. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to work with them. Ken

peggyR
March 9, 2024 at 10:18 PM

Sorry this is so late, Ken. Praying that everything went well with your second graders today. They’re blessed to have you for their teacher. They will know Jesus loves them because of you!

Bill S
March 9, 2024 at 11:14 AM

Ken, with you as one of their shepherds, I am sure that those 2nd graders will be well prepared. Prayers for a successful first reconciliation.

jane
March 9, 2024 at 09:29 AM

Ken, lifting your 2nd graders in prayer. Blessings to all of them as they begin this spiritual journey!

March 9, 2024 at 09:00 AM

*** The blessing of the third day in Hosea 6:2, "After two days He will give us new life. On the third day He’ll make us like new again. Then we will enjoy His blessing!" *** The working of the two days in Hosea 6:3a, 6, "Let’s recognize Him as the Lord. Let’s keep trying to know Him...I want mercy and not sacrifice. I want you to recognize Me as God instead of bringing Me burnt offerings!" *** The cursing without these three days in Hosea 6:5, "So I used the Words of My prophets to cut you in pieces. I used My Words to put you to death. Then My judgments blazed out like the sun!" ******* Bottom line in Hosea 6:1, "The people say, “Come. Let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces. But He will heal us. He has wounded us. But He’ll bandage our wounds!" Amen!!! *** God, have mercy on me, a sinner in Luke 18:13, "But the tax collector stood farther away than the Pharisee. He would not even look up to heaven. He brought his hand to his heart and prayed. He said, ‘God, have mercy on me. I am a sinner.’" *** Who am I that You died for me in Psalm 8:4, "I look at my micro-self and wonder, Why do you bother with us? Why take a second look our way?" *** My broken spirit of confession in Psalm 51:5-6, 15-17, "I know I’ve been a sinner ever since I was born. I’ve been a sinner ever since my mother became pregnant with me. I know that You wanted faithfulness even when I was in my mother’s body. You taught me wisdom in that secret place...Lord, open my lips so that I can speak. Then my mouth will praise You. You don’t take delight in sacrifice. If you did, I would bring it. You don’t take pleasure in burnt offerings. The greatest sacrifice You want is a broken spirit. God, you will gladly accept a heart that is broken because of sadness over sin!" Amen!!! ******* Who Am I by Casting Crown https://youtu.be/3rT8Re1EIQc?si=D0xAcGjgt73yd89Q

Janet a.k.a. "Sunshine" Respond to comment
March 9, 2024 at 07:53 AM

Thank you to All who write on here. You are All an Inspiration to Me. You are Appreciated and Loved. Much love and respect, " Sunshine ".

Janet a.k.a. "Sunshine" Respond to comment
March 9, 2024 at 07:50 AM

Good morning LFF. God bless us Everyone.

March 9, 2024 at 06:19 AM

Amen... thank you Sr. Chris... blessed weekend to all LFF....prayers to all those in need

A twilight shot of autumn mountains under a fading pink and purple sky. Image by tashechka | stock.adobe.com