September 7, 2023
Choose Wisely
…we do not cease praying for you and asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of God’s will…
Colossians 1:9

God has given us the gift of free will to choose how we live our lives, even to choose whether or what we believe. Our faith guides us to follow God’s will, though we do so without fully knowing or understanding every detail of the divine plan. Jesus taught us all we need to know about God’s plan by his humble, unselfish life that led to his ultimate sacrifice on the Cross.

We are blessed by the prayers of those who love us, as well as the prayers of strangers, especially during the difficult periods of our lives. As we make life-changing decisions or even everyday plans, let us pray that we choose and act wisely, and being willing to make sacrifices.

- Deborah A. Meister

Colossians 1:9-14 • Psalm 98:2-6 • Luke 5:1-11
Watercolor of colorful beach umbrellas. Image by Dreamy Art | Adobe Stock

Comments

September 7, 2023 at 10:59 PM

Please pray for my brother-in-law to be cancer free

September 7, 2023 at 09:24 PM

I pray for Molly and for goodness for her and for happiness and love to surround her the kind that only comes from knowing Jesus. I ask this in Jesus Name Amen Amen Amen

September 7, 2023 at 02:21 PM

Listen to what Peter said after he made the choice to follow Jesus’ instructions in Luke 5:5, 8, “Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because You say so, I will let down the nets.”…….When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus’ knees. “Go away from me, Lord!” he said. “I am a sinful man!” *** Why was Peter so upset? May be he made the choice to follow Jesus’ instructions just to prove Jesus was wrong? After all, Peter was the professional fishman and he has done everything he knew to catch fish all night and nothing! *** I will follow Your instructions Jesus, but I know my husband for over 40 years. It probably won’t work… *** I will follow Your instructions Jesus, but I have done everything in my power to make this right with such and such. It probably won’t work… *** How about you? What’s your reasoning that it is not going to work?

September 7, 2023 at 01:06 PM

Dear Lord, you are always in control, we trust only you.....following from Jane's daily prayer, please have mercy on The Ukraine....there is so much pain from the recent bombing....grant peace to the security personnel, aid workers and health personnel working round the clock to save their country...we love you Lord

September 7, 2023 at 10:30 AM

Such a comforting reflection Deborah...thank you always...Vincent, you are never alone...always remember this....prayers for all those in need and for a full recovery of well-loved Shiloh...many thanks to Joe, Salina, Freida, PeggyR, Jane, Bill and all those others who prayed for me this week when I felt unusually derailed...I am positively back to my optimistic, energetic self only by the Grace of God....strength and prayers and faith go out to little innocent babe Michael's family...Love to my LFF

September 7, 2023 at 10:20 AM

Thank you for a beautiful reflection, Deborah! Sending prayers to all in need today. Dear Lord Jesus, You alone know who needs our prayers and comfort. Please deliver our love and prayers to all who are reaching out and for those who don’t have the strength to ask for help.

September 7, 2023 at 10:04 AM

God bless you all praying you have a great day

September 7, 2023 at 09:51 AM

September 7, 2023 at 09:24 AM

To be humble, unselfish and sacrificial. Simple with Jesus.

September 7, 2023 at 09:13 AM

AMEN!

Living Faith team Respond to comment
September 7, 2023 at 09:12 AM

Hello friends of Living Faith: would you kindly help us with your prayers today? Many needs are being posted to our prayer request center on the home page of the website. Thank you!

T W
September 7, 2023 at 11:52 AM

Praying! May God provide for their needs, protect, lead and guide them in His Holy and Everlasting Name! Thanks for your concern!

Kathy j
September 7, 2023 at 10:21 AM

Yes, so many asking for prayers! Praying for those asking for prayers in the prayer center that our Lord answers them and provides peace and comfort to all!

September 7, 2023 at 08:55 AM

Prayers from a stranger, friend and more is what this world should be about. This world is struggling in faith and love. To spread that love can only be good. LFF you are an amazing group of people and I have faith that the love from you will spread like a wild fire and turn this world around. Faith, Faith and more Faith! Without it we are lost. I struggle daily in my faith and thank you Ron for saying not to lament over past choices because guilt can be a destroyer. I will learn from those choices and ask for guidance to make the right choices now. Prayers for Vincent, Carl and Maryanna, Stephanie and Christine, John, Debbi, Kathy's mom, Beths family and my Shiloh. We will find out more today about my Shiloh at the oncologist appt. God also loves our four legged friends and has blessed us with their love. God bless the LFF

September 7, 2023 at 01:42 PM

Sharing with you what Paul said in Philippians 3:12-14, “I have not yet received all these things. I have not yet reached my goal. Christ Jesus took hold of me so that I could reach that goal. So I keep pushing myself forward to reach it. Brothers and sisters, I don’t consider that I have taken hold of it yet. But here is the one thing I do. I forget what is behind me. I push hard toward what is ahead of me. I push myself forward toward the goal to win the prize. God has appointed me to win it. The heavenly prize is Christ Jesus himself.” Amen!

Kathy J
September 7, 2023 at 10:13 AM

Amen and thank you Stormy for keeping my mom in prayer. Prayers for Shiloh today!!

peggyR
September 7, 2023 at 09:08 AM

Oh what a beautiful comment, Stormy. Let us be an example for others to spread Love and Faith to all we encounter, no matter what the situation. Praying for you and your Shiloh. God bless you.

September 7, 2023 at 08:08 AM

September 7, 2023 at 07:50 AM

Good morning Vincent and everybody. Thank you Deborah for your wonderful message. We can not lament over past choices we have made. Let us all continue to fortify God’s precious gift of free will by shining in His eyes through our thoughts, actions, and deeds. ☮️

September 7, 2023 at 06:48 AM

Thank you so much for the reflection Deborah! Sometimes people actually tell me that they have prayed for me and it makes such a difference to my demeanor and my day. I know that when I reach out to other people to tell them that they were on my mind, there is usually a reason (good news, Changes, sick, etc). They are always grateful and it makes me feel more connected as well. Continued prayers for John, Shiloh and Stormy, Debbi, Kathy’s mom, and Beths brother, mother and sister. Amen.

Kathy J
September 7, 2023 at 10:30 AM

Thank you Jane for your prayers, and yes, it makes a great difference in my day, so bless you!

September 7, 2023 at 06:29 AM

Continued prayers for the Ukraine, those suffering in Russia and the Sudan, and also for the strength, courage and resilience of our brothers and sisters all over the world who are suffering after natural disasters. Father in Heaven, have mercy on us and on the whole world! You sent Your Son, the Prince of Peace, for the salvation of the world. We pray that the Peace of Christ will reign in Ukraine, Russia and Sudan. Please protect and send aid to those in need and all who are at-risk. We pray for peace and rebuilding– we who are working towards it and for all those who are suffering or in danger from conflicts. We pray for an end to violence and war – we pray for wisdom for all leaders who have a hand in this. Lord God please help those in most need of thy mercy. Amen.

September 7, 2023 at 05:54 AM

When driving, if I see someone's car breaking down, I say a little prayer for them when I am unable to help. If I can help, I will.

Lia
September 7, 2023 at 06:04 AM

Amen. Me too Troy!

September 7, 2023 at 04:54 AM

Yes....Vincent, life can be hard and lonely. But, you are never really alone. God's spirit is with you always. As well as the entire LFF who pray for you !

September 7, 2023 at 04:00 AM

I am always grateful for those on Living Faith who remember me in their prayers. I find life difficult and the thought that I am not alone is so wonderful

Rita
September 7, 2023 at 01:00 PM

Good Morning Vincent! Such a beautiful day the Lord has given us. I like the idea of Peggy's about a pet. A small little guy doesn't need much food, but gives so much love. Remember Vincent, you are loved always. Have a wonderful day. Rita

Kathy j
September 7, 2023 at 10:34 AM

Good morning Vincent, may your day be filled with blessings and lots of “Hi Vincent”!!

peggyR
September 7, 2023 at 09:02 AM

Good morning Vincent! Yes, we’re so happy to hear from you today. As you can see we in the LFF have been praying for you and sending good thoughts of you. Do you like pets? If so, there just may be a little kitty or puppy who needs a home. Our Lord gave these beautiful creatures for us to care for and enjoy them. It’s just an idea and I hope you have a lovely September day.

Pam
September 7, 2023 at 08:40 AM

Good Morning Vincent - Child of God! Know you’re tucked in my prayers for His peace, light, hope and gentle mercy! Amen!

Stormy
September 7, 2023 at 08:39 AM

Vincent May God hold you in his hands and guide you to happiness, Health and love. Prayers for you!

Normita
September 7, 2023 at 08:24 AM

Good morning Vincent! Prayers for you that you have a wonderful day! God bless you and the LFF for always supporting and praying for others.

September 7, 2023 at 07:32 AM

Vincent know that Lord is always with you. Living faith family please keep praying for Carl and his mother Maryanne as well as Stephanie and her daughter Christine Still first week of school here in western New York I would like to share this from the United Nations. 10 principles the United Nations calls the "Rights of the Child," including: Every child without exception should have a name and nationality; access to physical, mental, moral, spiritual, and social development; food, housing, and medical care; love and understanding education and moral guidance; protection from exploitation and discrimination. Our Catholic preferential option for the poor and respect for life fully embraces the welfare of children. Ken

jane
September 7, 2023 at 06:42 AM

Good morning Vincent - it is so nice to hear from you. Many of us continue to send you light for your days. May you experience God’s grace today to face the challenges in front of you and find joy unexpectedly. Amen.

Watercolor of colorful beach umbrellas. Image by Dreamy Art | Adobe Stock