August 24, 2023
St. Bartholomew
RSVP
…Nathanael [said], “Can anything good come from Nazareth?” Philip said to him, “Come and see.”
John 1:46

It may be the shortest but most important invitation in history, three words that rocked the world: “Come and see.”

In John’s Gospel, those words appear twice—when Jesus invites two men to see where he is living, and here today, when Philip invites Nathanael to “Come and see” what (and who) has come from Nazareth.

Sometimes, that’s all it takes to find Christ: curiosity, exploration, discovery. But every invitation needs some sort of response, an action, an RSVP. Again and again, Jesus invites us to know him, to walk with him, to explore and discover what it means to journey along The Way. Maybe it happens in a crisis or during prayer or while we search for answers, reassurance or hope. What do we do when the invitation comes? Shrug it off? Or do we respond with trust?

Sometimes, three words, and one step, can change everything.

- Dcn. Greg Kandra

Revelation 21:9b-14 • Psalm 145:10-13, 17-18 • John 1:45-51
Sentinel Rock of Westmore, Vermont. Photo by Kathryn | Adobe Stock

Comments

August 24, 2023 at 09:26 PM

Come and see has saved me, I once was lost but now I am found and I am saved, Thank You Jesus for going to the cross once for all. Amen Amen Amen

August 24, 2023 at 01:56 PM

Upon birth, God invites us into the world. Upon death he invites us to heaven. Invitations are something God has given us for a very long time. Praise to him. Amen. :)

August 24, 2023 at 01:54 PM

Amen! :)

August 24, 2023 at 01:02 PM

I said yes to the first "Come and see!" And now I just show up without invitation :-) I wrote "Come and see" in all my BSF invitations (to friends, acquaintances, family members and strangers at airports :-) and let them meet Jesus on thier own timings (God's timing actually :-) *** Do you know or recognize an invitation if one is given? *** Indeed, "Again and again, Jesus invites us to know Him, to walk with Him, to explore and discover what it means to journey along The Way." Do you know more and more about Jesus each day? Is He right beside you as you walk with Him or is He right beside you as He walks with you? (There is a difference whether you drag Him along or He draw you to Himself) What would you like to explore about your faith? How will you discover this journey of faith is along The Way? *** I am not waiting for an invitation, every opportunity the Holy Spirit places me in all my waking hours is an invitation to know, to walk, to explore and to discover my God, my Lord and my Savior, Jesus Christ!!! And it starts everyday with Jesus Himself, His Word!!! ******* Jesus = (equals) the Word in John 1:1-2, 14, "In the beginning, the Word (Jesus) was already there. The Word (Jesus) was with God, and the Word (Jesus) was God. He (Jesus) was with God in the beginning... The Word (Jesus) became a human being. He (Jesus) made His home with us. We have seen His (Jesus) glory. It is the glory of the One and Only (Jesus), Who came from the Father. And the Word (Jesus) was full of grace and truth." Amen!!!

August 24, 2023 at 01:43 PM

I have to make a correction to , “I said yes to the first "Come and see!" It was from my at that time perspectives, but definitely not the first God sent…He has been extending His invitations to me all my life…I ignored and rejected them all until this invitation to join BSF October, 2000! I am grateful for this darkest moment of my life the invitation to come and see in joining BSF to be in touch with my lifeline :-) I was dead and I was alive in Christ ♥️

August 24, 2023 at 09:13 AM

Amen God bless you all

August 24, 2023 at 08:53 AM

Ramped up my prayer time. So many enduring trials out there especially of health and surgeries. Pam, Liz is fervently in my prayers as is the whole family. I add the names daily and also offer thanksgiving for you that request. I think God is calling us back to a closer relationship through prayer. May we all make more of our day a prayer to Him.

Pam
August 24, 2023 at 11:47 AM

Vicky G. ~ Thank YOU!

August 24, 2023 at 08:17 AM

August 24, 2023 at 08:13 AM

Dcn Greg, I love the question “What do we do when the invitation comes?” The question for all of us. Sometimes we answer the call and other times ignore it. May God grant us the strength, courage and faith to answer lovingly. Lifting Liz today. Amen.

Pam
August 24, 2023 at 11:49 AM

Thank you, Jane...you lifted me too!

August 24, 2023 at 08:11 AM

Continued prayers for the Ukraine and the Sudan and for the strength, courage and resilience of our brothers and sisters in Maui who are grieving. Father in Heaven, have mercy on us and on the whole world! You sent Your Son, the Prince of Peace, for the salvation of the world. We pray that the Peace of Christ will reign in Ukraine and Sudan. Please protect and send aid to those in Ukraine, Sudan and Maui and all who are at-risk. We pray for peace and rebuilding– we who are working towards it and for all who are suffering or in danger from conflicts. We pray for an end to violence and war – we pray for wisdom for all leaders who have a hand in this. Lord God please help those in most need of thy mercy. Amen

peggyR
August 24, 2023 at 10:47 AM

Thank you, thank you Jane for your daily dedication to all of us with your invitation to prayer for the suffering people in Ukraine, Sudan and now Maui. Our Lord is inviting us to follow His path through your beautiful prayer.

August 24, 2023 at 08:06 AM

Come and See Amen

August 24, 2023 at 07:52 AM

Amen. :)

August 24, 2023 at 07:11 AM

Pam from yesterday- praying for all your family!

Pam
August 24, 2023 at 11:52 AM

Sandy, please know how thankful we are for your prayers and that of our Living Faith Family. They are needed.

Sentinel Rock of Westmore, Vermont. Photo by Kathryn | Adobe Stock