November 21, 2022
The Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Unity in Our Shared Prayer
Such is the race that seeks for him,
that seeks the face of the God of Jacob.
Psalm 24:6

One evening, I was part of two different events in which the others in attendance were mostly fellow parishioners. One was social; one was more of a charitable endeavor. I finished at one and went straight to the other.

Both groups became engaged in discussions of the same topic. The dominant view of the topic was, I'd say, exactly 180 degrees away from the general opinion among those at the second.

We might struggle sometimes to figure out what unity in the Body of Christ means. There are no simplistic answers, but it seems to me any answer at all begins with acknowledging the fact and the gift that all of us gathered today around the world will be praying the Psalmist’s words, giving voice to the same, shared ancient yearning for wholeness, peace and love.

Lord of all, may I live in communion with all my brothers and sisters

- Amy Welborn

Revelation 14:1-3, 4b-5 • Psalm 24:1-6 • Luke 21:1-4

Comments

November 21, 2022 at 10:27 AM

Blessings and prayers to all as we prepare for unity in this Thanksgiving week.

November 21, 2022 at 10:12 AM

Indeed, Amy, "There are no simplistic answers..." But, *** Psalm 24:5-6, "They will receive the Lord’s blessing and have a right relationship with God their savior. Such people may seek You and worship in Your presence, O God of Jacob." *** John 10:28-30, "I (Jesus) give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from Me, for My Father has given them to Me, and He is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand. The Father and I are One." *** Ephesians 4:14-16, "Then we will no longer be immature like children. We won’t be tossed and blown about by every wind of new teaching. We will not be influenced when people try to trick us with lies so clever they sound like the truth. Instead, we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church. He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love." ******* When I have a right relationship with God the Son, Jesus, my Lord and Savior, I have a right relationship with God the Father and God the HolySpirit! What does unity looks like with the triune God? Three separate persons and One God!!! *** When I am right with Jesus, I am right with the Body of Christ, the Church! *** John 15:4, "Remain in Me (Jesus), and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in Me!" *** Unity in Christ is unity in the Body of Christ :-) There is no me, but me in Christ! There is no you, but you in Christ! My relationship with Jesus is objective (fact-based via the Spirit) and not subjective (feelings-based via the flesh)

November 21, 2022 at 08:53 AM

Amen! Wonderful message. Thank you, Amy.

November 21, 2022 at 08:34 AM

Thank you Amy your words are special to me and the living faith family. Living faith family please keep praying for Blossom and Kevin from Mass and for Carl. As always the souls in purgatory and those who have no one to pray for them. Ken

November 21, 2022 at 08:24 AM

amen! I love this devotional message. Thanks.

November 21, 2022 at 08:12 AM