June 17, 2022
What’s Most Important
…store up treasures in heaven…
Matthew 6:20

My daughter and her cat are moving back home so she can finish the college degree she began years ago. She is shipping seventeen boxes, and there is simply no room in our home of forty-six years to store any more stuff. Major chunks of our “treasures” must go! The basement crawl space is the logical place to store her things, and I have begun divesting it of our worldly goods: old camping equipment, high school textbooks, ancient toys, a pair of crutches, an unused booster seat, and on and on. We have been living on top of a rummage sale!

Hopefully when daughter and cat arrive, heavenly “treasures” will replace the material ones I am getting rid of. Our daughter will need our patience, understanding, encouragement and love to step into her new chapter of life. The cat will need its measure of the same!

Lord, keep us focused on what is eternally most important.

- Jennifer Christ

2 Kings 11:1-4, 9-18, 20 • Psalm 132:11-14, 17-18 Matthew 6:19-23

Comments

June 17, 2022 at 10:49 AM

What a beautiful reflection. Thank you for sharing this.

June 17, 2022 at 09:56 AM

Thank you Jennifer for your story about the return of your daughter and her cat to finish college. It brought a smile to my tired face. I think about all your treasures and stuff in your basement. We too had a barn full and after 39 years of 2 businesses and many family heirlooms and keepsakes. We chose to rent a large trash container and just went through making piles to keep, donate and throw away. We came across a huge bag of daughters small toys and most of them broken in pieces. I remember my daughter playing with them. It was hard to detach myself. But when found we could donate to several places for needy families it brought happiness to my heart. I believe I had read I’m Living Faith about cleaning out our stuff we keep and sometimes not knowing why? True treasure is family I now know that now. Enjoy your lovely daughter, Jennifer and her cat. I’m a cat person as well. God Bless!

June 17, 2022 at 08:53 AM

To the author: I loved this one. As a daughter who has needed extra help from her mother over the years and as a pet parent who dearly loves her cats, thank you. Thank you for your love, and for acknowledging that cats, too, need understanding and love, too. :-) God bless.

June 17, 2022 at 08:46 AM

June 17, 2022 at 08:19 AM

Amen. :)

June 17, 2022 at 08:09 AM

Amen! Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever.. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host - by the power of God - Cast into hell satan and all evil spirits that prowl about the earth seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

azmom
June 17, 2022 at 08:44 AM

I love this powerful prayer. Thank you for sharing it , “ A Sinner”.

June 17, 2022 at 06:49 AM