June 4, 2022
Jesus Moments
There are also many other things that Jesus did, but if these were to be described individually, I do not think the whole world would contain the books that would be written.
John 21:25

With these words, John, the beloved disciple, concludes his magnificent Gospel account. My own book-writing and publishing background aside, I can only guess that John is leaving the field wide open for all of us to describe “individually” the books that Jesus is writing in us.

What things has Jesus done for you? Get specific. Create a list. Write your story if you feel so moved. More specific to your Christian mission: Tell your story to someone else. I call that sharing the “Jesus Moments” in my life. We are the books that Christ is writing today, and as the popular saying goes…we might be the only gospel some people ever see.

Lord, God, thank you for writing your love across my life. Help me to lovingly share the story of you in my life.

- Pat Gohn

Acts 28:16-20, 30-31 • Psalm 11:4-5, 7 John 21:20-25

Comments

June 4, 2022 at 04:02 PM

June 4, 2022 at 10:33 AM

Living faith family and Pat I have a story, Last Saturday we were distributing poppies to people outside of the neighborhood produce store. We get donations for the veterans food bank, made over $2000. After a while I noticed a small girl 3or 4 years old and her dad on their knees looking under cars. Stepping over I asked what are you doing? The girl looked up all teary and upset said " my friend my doll. Before going down my fellow veteran said what is up. She repeated an he replied is this it and produced a stuffed toy Girl screams yes take it begins hugging him thank you. Tears on our eyes on the way out she again Higgs him. God is good Ken

June 4, 2022 at 08:54 AM

This reminds me of 1 Peter 3:14-16, "But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.” But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." *** Who was I before Christ? The personal encounters with Christ when I surrender! Who am I after Christ? *** His story - my history: I was a hard working foreign student seeking opportunity here in US. Graduated with MS in Physical Chemistry debt free. Worked any jobs I could find, finally becoming a manager in a Pharmaceutical/Medical Device company making over $100K 25 years ago. Became a mother at age 40. I created God in my image going to church every Sunday. I resigned my job position to take care of my girls when the older was 4 years old. My job as a mother was very frustrating and without any control. My husband ended up filing for divorce. He took the girls away leaving me by myself without financial support. That's when I was able to see Jesus clearly, to know Him dearly and to follow Him nearly!!! My new life started when I wrote my suicide note (my birth certificate) to Jesus! *** Jesus pulled me back from suicide, courted me, and fill me with His Holy Spirit to follow Him :-) ******* Next To Me by Jordan Feliz https://youtu.be/Tlzm1qYa9TU

Bill S
June 4, 2022 at 10:43 AM

Salina, thank you for sharing this very personal story and thank you Jesus for saving her. She is a beacon for all of us LFF and others who come into contact with her. Praise be to God for this blessing! Amen!

Pam
June 4, 2022 at 09:27 AM

Salina, your humility and deep faith shine through everything you write. Your gratitude and love for God is so incredibly honest and obviously Holy Spirit inspired. Are you sure you weren’t with the Disciples and Mary at Pentecost! Thank you for sharing your life story of His presence in your life. God bless you and all who you love!

June 4, 2022 at 06:42 AM

That was a good point. I compare it to the end of Acts. Both depict there is more to the story then and in future times.

June 4, 2022 at 04:14 AM

Thank you to all those who came on this Novena journey with me. You are in my prayers. *****Novena Prayer for Pentecost -- 2022 (May 27 through June 4) ********************* Come, Holy Spirit, fill our hearts with your love. Set our lives aflame with your gifts. Grant us wisdom to choose what is good and true; understanding to embrace your plan of salvation; right judgment to act according to your will; courage to share our faith with others; knowledge to live as disciples of Jesus Christ; reverence to respond faithfully to your grace each day; and wonder and awe in your presence. Inspire us with enthusiasm for our Catholic faith. Grant us boldness to proclaim the good news of salvation in Jesus Christ, and help us to bring the transforming power of the gospel to our world. We make this prayer through Christ, our Lord. AMEN.*********OUR FATHER, HAIL MARY, GLORY BE, SIGN OF THE CROSS

June 4, 2022 at 09:38 AM

Bill L thank you for the Novena I am late but when I finish the Novena I am working on I will start the Pentecost Novena. Ken

Lia
June 4, 2022 at 08:47 AM

Amen. Thank you

azmom
June 4, 2022 at 08:21 AM

Thank you so much, Bill, for sharing this beautiful novena with us!

Bill L
June 4, 2022 at 04:14 AM

Saturday, June 4, 2022 – The Outpouring of the Spirit at Pentecost ************************* Then there appeared to them tongues as of fire, which parted and came to rest on each one of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in different tongues, as the Spirit enabled them to proclaim. Acts 2: 3 - 4