June 3, 2022
St. Charles Lwanga and Companions
All for Love
Instead they had some issues with him about their own religion and about a certain Jesus who had died but who Paul claimed was alive.
Acts 25:19

Can we grasp, or recall from our own experience, the hope and newness of a relationship with the Risen Jesus? What sort of courage and dedication would such a relationship inspire? Like St. Paul, Charles Lwanga and his fellow court servants were subject to the whims of kings and authorities who couldn’t possibly understand their loyalty to the King of Kings. They too would suffer death for putting this loyalty first. They could do so because they were convinced that Jesus had given his life but was raised, conquering sin and death forever for those who would follow him.

Jesus asks us today, “Do you love me?” Our answer changes the trajectory of our lives—each decision, each relationship—for now and into eternity. May our discipleship be strengthened by the brave witness of those who have gone before us.

- Steve Pable

Acts 25:13b-21 • Psalm 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20 John 21:15-19

Comments

June 3, 2022 at 04:13 PM

Novena Prayer for Pentecost -- 2022 (May 27 through June 4) ************************ Come, Holy Spirit, fill our hearts with your love. Set our lives aflame with your gifts. Grant us wisdom to choose what is good and true; understanding to embrace your plan of salvation; right judgment to act according to your will; courage to share our faith with others; knowledge to live as disciples of Jesus Christ; reverence to respond faithfully to your grace each day; and wonder and awe in your presence. Inspire us with enthusiasm for our Catholic faith. Grant us boldness to proclaim the good news of salvation in Jesus Christ, and help us to bring the transforming power of the gospel to our world. We make this prayer through Christ, our Lord. AMEN.**********OUR FATHER, HAIL MARY, GLORY BE, SIGN OF THE CROSS

Bill L
June 3, 2022 at 04:14 PM

Friday, June 3, 2022 – The Fruit of the Spirit ***************** In contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. Galatians 5: 22 - 23

June 3, 2022 at 10:09 AM

Here is what I heard what Jesus was telling Peter when *** He asked him three times, "Do you love Me?" *** Each time, Peter answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love You!" *** Each tme, Jesus told Peter, "Feed My lambs; Tend My sheep; Feed My sheep!" ******* What was Peter saying yes to? Listen to what Jesus said in John 21:18-19, "Amen, amen, I say to you, when you were younger, you used to dress yourself and go where you wanted; but when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” He said this signifying by what kind of death he would glorify God. And when He had said this, He said to him, “Follow Me.” *** How do I love Jesus? Stretch out my empty worshiping hands and let the Holy Spirit dress me and lead me where I don't want to go! *** How do I love Jesus? I am willing to die if I have to in doing His will glorifying God! *** How do I love Jesus? Follow Him up the Calvary road to become more and more like Jesus! ******* I Have Decided to Follow Jesus https://youtu.be/S8jvfdDtoqY

June 3, 2022 at 09:54 AM

Vicky G, I also was touched by the picture today. It is such devotion of love when caring for your person with chronic illness.

June 3, 2022 at 09:13 AM

June 3, 2022 at 08:41 AM

Amen! Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever.. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host - by the power of God - Cast into hell satan and all evil spirits that prowl about the earth seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

June 3, 2022 at 08:20 AM

June 3, 2022 at 07:50 AM

I’m not one to feel exclusion based on images (color, religion, race, dress…..) but it’s a big deal to the Muscular Dystrophy community when they see a statue of someone in a wheelchair or the newest Barbie with a ventilator so I thank the staff on their behalf for todays photo heading—we all have purpose in Christ.

Nora