June 2, 2022
Sts. Marcellinus and Peter
Bearing Witness to the Holy
Take courage. For just as you have borne witness to my cause in Jerusalem, so you must also bear witness in Rome.
Acts 23:11

Pope Francis reminds us that, “One cannot proclaim the Gospel of Jesus without the tangible witness of one’s life.” To bear witness is to point by one’s very existence to the presence of the Holy among us. For Paul, bearing witness was a summons to courage, first in Jerusalem, then in Rome. For us, bearing witness can happen at any time and in any place.

A witness is someone who gives evidence. Often, a witness signs one’s name to attest that something is genuine. So, the question for us becomes, to what or to whom am I bearing witness? How does my life attest to the truth that the Holy One is the center of my life and that my thoughts, my words, my acts are all patterned on and reflective of that divine presence?

Holy One, may my life bear witness to your unconditional love.

- Sr. Chris Koellhoffer, I.H.M.

Acts 22:30; 23:6-11 • Psalm 16:1-2, 5, 7-11 John 17:20-26

Comments

June 2, 2022 at 11:40 AM

Amen Sister!

June 2, 2022 at 09:40 AM

June 2, 2022 at 08:33 AM

June 2, 2022 at 08:27 AM

Amen! Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever.. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host - by the power of God - Cast into hell satan and all evil spirits that prowl about the earth seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

June 2, 2022 at 08:21 AM

Sr. Chris, your devotion reminds me of what I learn about a country singer, Walker Hayes, an atheist alcoholic a few years ago! Becasuse of one man, Craig Cooper, a local pastor who bears witness to Christ, "Glad, You're Here!" Walker Hayes became his best friend and was transformed! *** https://countrynow.com/walker-hayes-reflects-on-his-journey-to-faith-in-new-book-glad-youre-here-co-written-with-his-best-friend/ *** https://www.everythingnash.com/walker-hayes-on-his-faith-my-only-hope-is-jesus-exclusive/ *** Listen to his song about Craig in https://youtu.be/gln1jX6rphc ******* Walker Hayes is now very famous for "Fancy Like" in https://youtu.be/G_zuB-ogIBw *** It wasn't that Craig want there for Walker, Walker was there for Criag too...it was God all along for both of them!!! *** So what is my witnessing for Christ? *** What is God doing in my life?

June 2, 2022 at 08:16 AM

Sr. Kris, thank you for the reflection. I pray that today someone may believe that I am bearing witness to God’s love. Sending light to the LFF.

June 2, 2022 at 08:14 AM

“To what or to whom does my life bear witness? “ A simple yet profound question to ponder each day. People may not always pay attention to what we say but they will see how we treat others and where our priorities are.

June 2, 2022 at 08:13 AM

Continued prayers here for the Ukraine and the conversion of Mr. Putin. Father in Heaven, have mercy on us and on the whole world! You sent Your Son, the Prince of Peace, for the salvation of the world. We pray that the Peace of Christ will reign in Ukraine. Please protect and send aid to those in Ukraine and all who are at-risk. We pray for peace – we pray for all who are working towards it and for all who are in danger from this conflict. We pray for an end to violence and war – we pray for wisdom for all leaders who have a hand in this. Lord God, please help those in most need of thy mercy. Blessed Virgin Mary, Queen of Peace, pray for us! Saint Joseph, Protector of Mary, Jesus and the Church, pray for us! Lord Jesus, Prince of Peace, may your kingdom reign in Ukraine and all the world.

June 2, 2022 at 07:06 AM

“ How does my life attest to the truth that the Holy One is the center of my life and that my thoughts, my words, my acts are all patterned on and reflective of that divine presence?” Amen Sr. Chris. I wake every morning with the intention to do so and everyday fall short. Today is a new day to get it right.

June 2, 2022 at 06:05 AM

O Lord, I bear witness to Your love and grace today, for You have saved me! Help me be the witness to others that in You I live and breathe and have my being!

June 2, 2022 at 04:57 AM

Novena Prayer for Pentecost -- 2022 (May 27 through June 4) ***********************Come, Holy Spirit, fill our hearts with your love. Set our lives aflame with your gifts. Grant us wisdom to choose what is good and true; understanding to embrace your plan of salvation; right judgment to act according to your will; courage to share our faith with others; knowledge to live as disciples of Jesus Christ; reverence to respond faithfully to your grace each day; and wonder and awe in your presence. Inspire us with enthusiasm for our Catholic faith. Grant us boldness to proclaim the good news of salvation in Jesus Christ, and help us to bring the transforming power of the gospel to our world. We make this prayer through Christ, our Lord. AMEN.************* OUR FATHER, HAIL MARY, GLORY BE, SIGN OF THE CROSS

Janet Juarez
June 2, 2022 at 01:26 PM

Amen Sister for starting us off today You are appreciated & loved. My prayers go out to all who need healing today, especially our LFF. Please pray for the repose of the soul of a Friend of our family Ross Moreno, who passed away 6-1-22 from horrendous cancer. Thank you for sharing Bill, it resonates with Me. God bless us Everyone, always. From Janet a.k.a. "Sunshine" .

Lia
June 2, 2022 at 06:26 AM

Bill L
June 2, 2022 at 04:59 AM

Thursday, June 2, 2022 – One Spirit, Many Gifts*****************************There are different kinds of spiritual gifts but the same Spirit: there are different forms of service but the same Lord; there are different workings but the same God who produces all of them in everyone. ********* 1 Corinthians 12: 4 - 6