December 21, 2021
St. Peter Canisius
Blessed Are We
Luke 1:45

During Advent, we find ourselves looking all the more to Mary as our model of faith. Whether or not we have any particular devotion to her, the story of her faith during these Advent days can be transforming for us, if we allow it to be. Mary’s “yes” to God, her willingness to be and do the impossible, speaks to all of us who are trying to make sense of the puzzles and pain life may throw our way.

With Mary as example and guide, “Hail Mary, full of grace” becomes “Here I am, full of grace.” “Blessed are you among women” becomes “blessed am I called to live in the world.” “Blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus” is transformed into “Blessed is the fruit of my life, Jesus.” Mary becomes our model of prayer because, like her, we are also called to bring Christ to those who need him.

- Steve Givens

Song of Songs 2:8-14 or Zephaniah 3:14-18a Psalm 33:2-3, 11-12, 20-21 • Luke 1:39-45

Comments

December 21, 2021 at 06:50 PM

******* Luke 1:45, “Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled.” *** Are you blessed? *** Do you believe? *** Is God’s Word being fulfilled in your life? (Do you know God’s Word?) ******* My soul waits for the LORD, Who is my help and my shield. For in You my heart rejoices; in Your Holy Name I trust. May Your unfailing love be with me, Lord, even as I put my hope in You :-) Amen! (Psalm 33:20-22)

December 21, 2021 at 11:37 AM

Merry Christmas to you all! May Christ find a dwelling place in all of our hearts during this holy season.

Jane
December 21, 2021 at 11:44 PM

Steve…thanks for commenting and for sharing your gifts with our community. The many writers who contribute here have a beautiful contemplative side that we are so blessed to receive. Please keep contributing! Merry Christmas.

Bill L
December 21, 2021 at 03:08 PM

Thank you for your reflections today, Steve. It is good to see new meanings to prayers we recite every day. Have a beautiful Christmas season to you and to all the Living Faith families. Continued prayers to all who are in need, away from home (church) and those who are not feeling the Spirit of the Lord.

December 21, 2021 at 11:26 AM

Let's keep Our Military Member's and Families' lifted up in Prayer this Christmas and all seasons. Many are deployed or temporarily separated from their Love Ones due to helping to protect us and allies. May they still have a Blessed and Wonderful Christmas! Thanks for Their Service! God Bless America Our Home Sweet Home!

December 21, 2021 at 11:00 AM

Thank you LF family so much for lifting us up in prayer. Holly prayers for your family that the quickly recover. Jo praying for Rosie that she is home for Christmas. Ken thank you for all your prayers and the beautiful surrender novena.

December 21, 2021 at 10:46 AM

Amen! Beautiful reflection and application to our daily lives. Thank you! Continued prayers for LFF requests. I would like to ask for prayers for my brother and his family, who have tested positive for COVID-19. They were vaccinated earlier this year.

Jane
December 21, 2021 at 11:42 PM

Holly, may God’s healing be felt in their family and praying they don’t have severe cases.

December 21, 2021 at 10:12 AM

CC praying for you and your son I hope all went well with the biopsy and things can move forward! Please continue to pray for my sister Rosie she was supposed to go home yesterday, but they decided to put her into therapy since she’s been in the hospital for almost 2 weeks. We’re still praying that she would be able to come home for Christmas. Please join me in that prayer. May you all have a very beautiful and blessed Christmas filled with peace and joy of this holy season. May we witnessed the miracles of Christmas and be filled with joy! Thank you for all your prayers for Rosie I really appreciate it

Jane
December 21, 2021 at 11:40 PM

Jo, lifting you and Rosie in prayer. There is a reason she needs to be in therapy prior to coming home. Thy will be done. Sometimes when I get into the car and realize I don’t have my phone, I run back into the house to get it, only to run around for another few minutes to find where i left it. I frequently wonder if my guardian angel was at work delaying me so as to miss a fender bender or more severe accident….sometimes makes me relax more about the direction I feel “forced” into. Therapy will help. Merry Christmas!

December 21, 2021 at 09:00 AM

Steve, well done…thanks for sharing this! “Mary, here I am seeking grace.” Amen. Continued lifting of CC and son, also for those feeling depressed at the holidays, those children who are sick, those with Alzheimer’s who don’t recognize family and those who are alone.

Patrick
December 21, 2021 at 01:44 PM

Amen

Steve Givens
December 21, 2021 at 11:35 AM

Thanks, Jane and everyone, for holding each other in prayer during these holidays which, as you say, can be difficult for many.

December 21, 2021 at 09:56 AM

Jane I totally agree with you about the people who are suffering from depression at this time. Not everyone has family or good friends to share this holiday season. Please keep your prayers for the souls who have no one to pray for them and the souls in purgatory. I am so grateful that the living faith family is always around to keep me uplifted thanks. CC I am keeping you and your son in my prayers. Ken

December 21, 2021 at 08:29 AM

Amen. :)

December 21, 2021 at 08:23 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for today's Gospel. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts, by the power of God - Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

December 21, 2021 at 06:43 AM

CC- didn’t see yesterday’s post till this AM. I am praying for you and your son- that your medical situations be resolved in a positive manner. Have faith all will be well.