October 24, 2021
To See His Presence
Jesus said to him in reply, “What do you want me to do for you?” The blind man replied to him, “Master, I want to see.”
Mark 10:51

I wear contact lenses, so when I wake up in the morning, everything beyond my hand in front of my face is a blur. But as that new day begins, I’m blind in another way too, even after I pop my contacts in. I have no idea what’s coming. I may have a sense and I may even have a plan. But really, I don’t know. I’m in the dark.

And so, Jesus meets me as I awaken and asks this same question. What do I want him to do for me as I begin my day’s journey in the dark? There’s no better answer than the honest, forthright words of that blind man. Amid the unknown struggle, sadness, joy and just ordinary life that’s ahead, I need to be able to see. To see his presence in all that, in every person. I can’t without his help. So, I ask.

Master, I want to see.

- Amy Welborn

Jeremiah 31:7-9 • Psalm 126:1-6 Hebrews 5:1-6 • Mark 10:46-52

Comments

October 24, 2021 at 02:19 PM

Amen. Beautiful reflection . Thank you Amy! Prayers for all.

October 24, 2021 at 01:15 PM

Thank you Amy. As I read, I also became aware that Bartimaeus not only asked the right question (one that I will ask each morning: great tip). But he also gave everything up to follow Jesus. He threw aside his prime possession i.e. his cloak. What an example he is.

Diane Scalamandre Respond to comment
October 24, 2021 at 01:11 PM

Amy Welborn’s short paragraph touched the very fiber of my ongoing discourse with God: from a place of inadequacy to an omni- present all seeing and knowing higher being who is ever present for all of us. Thank you Amy.

October 24, 2021 at 01:05 PM

October 24, 2021 at 10:59 AM

*** Proverbs 16:9, "We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps!" *** Isaiah 55:8-9, "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And My ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so My ways are higher than your ways and My thoughts higher than your thoughts!" *** Romans 8:27-28, "And the Father Who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will. And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them!" ******* I See You by Chris Tomlin and Brandon Lake https://youtu.be/6wvzx6pUhbc *** Thank You, Holy Spirit for praying and pleading for me in accordance to God's will and plan! Thank You, Lord Jesus, my forever high priest for offering Yourself in my place so You credit me with Your righteousness! Thank You, God the Father for sending Your Son so that a sinner like me can believe in Jesus and will not perish but have eternal life! Amen :-)

October 24, 2021 at 10:27 AM

Once again, I knew that was you Amy! I wore contacts for years and know the feeling of fumbling for my glasses to see what’s ahead of me at the start of my day. Oh the times that I couldn’t see, stumbling through the day…and with my contacts on! What a humbling gift to ask God for His Grace to help me see through the day ahead of me. God bless us all, and all who we love.

October 24, 2021 at 09:45 AM

Great reflection, as usual, Amy. Yes, we may think we have our days, months, and years planned out, but in reality it is God’s plan we must follow. And God writes His plan straight, with crooked lines. It’s when I look back on events in my life that I see God’s plan was and is, so much better than mine. And better for my soul!

October 24, 2021 at 09:12 AM

October 24, 2021 at 08:20 AM

Very powerful reflection, Amy, that is greatly needed to be heard today! God bless you!

Amy Welborn
October 24, 2021 at 09:28 AM

God bless you, too! Thank you for taking time to comment!

October 24, 2021 at 07:42 AM