September 27, 2021
St. Vincent de Paul
Simple Serving
Whoever receives this child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me receives the one who sent me. For the one who is least among all of you is the one who is the greatest.
Luke 9:48

Today is the feast of the great French servant of the poor, St. Vincent de Paul.

There is no lack of charities serving those in need in the world, but Jesus makes clear here the Christian difference: to not see “the poor” as a group “below” those who serve them from on high. No, we’re all one body in Christ, and we’re called to understand ourselves as “the least” simply serving each other, brothers and sisters, out of mutual love and responsibility.

As St. Vincent himself said, “We should groan under the burden of the poor and suffer with those who suffer, otherwise we’re not disciples of Jesus Christ.”

Jesus, fill me with love so that I might humbly serve others.

- Amy Welborn

Zechariah 8:1-8 • Psalm 102:16-21, 29, 22-23 Luke 9:46-50

Comments

September 27, 2021 at 02:01 PM

God’s heart is so Faithful and Beautiful by saying “whoever is the least is the most.” Can we fathom how healing these words are? Truth is healing. For all the families suffering death, may Christ’s’ Balm of Gilead soothe your losses and bring everybody to peace and prayers.

September 27, 2021 at 11:38 AM

September 27, 2021 at 09:51 AM

God's promises to His chosen people of Israel in *** Zechariah 8:8-9, "Thus says the LORD of hosts: Lo, I will rescue My people from the land of the rising sun, and from the land of the setting sun. I will bring them back to dwell within Jerusalem. They shall be My people, and I will be their God, with faithfulness and justice!" *** Genesis 12:2-3, "“I will make you (Abraham) into a great nation (Israel), and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” *** Numbers 24:8-9, “God brought them (Israelites - Jews) out of Egypt; they have the strength of a wild ox. They devour hostile nations and break their bones in pieces; with their arrows they pierce them. Like a lion they crouch and lie down, like a lioness—who dares to rouse them? “May those who bless you be blessed and those who curse you be cursed!” ******* What does God's promises to His people Israel have to do with us the Gentiles? You probably already know from these passages :-) Whosoever receives and blesses God's chosen people in Israel will be blessed...Whosoever curses God's chosen people in Israel will be cursed! That is God's promises in His Word :-) *** Promises by Maverick City https://youtu.be/muEqwtYjdB0 *** "That the Name of the LORD may be declared in Zion; and His praise, in Jerusalem, When the peoples gather together, and the kingdoms, to serve the LORD. The Lord will build up Zion again, and appear in all His glory." Amen! (Psalm102-22-23) *** Lord Jesus, You have come to serve and to give Your life as a ransom for many! (Mark 10:45) We claim Your blessing as we bless Your people of Israel, and let Your curse fall on those who curse Your people! Amen!

September 27, 2021 at 08:05 AM

September 27, 2021 at 08:03 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for your Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts - by the power of God - Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

September 27, 2021 at 07:46 AM

Prayers and peace for you.

September 27, 2021 at 07:03 AM

Dear Living Faith Family, I lost my brother yesterday to heart issues/diabetes and a invalid. He was a Veteran of the first Gulf Storm. He was 52 and his birthday is on 10/11/68. He had many issues towards the end of his life. I do not think that he had God in his life but he was a gentle soul. He cared for others and especially all wildlife :) Please pray for my brother Nathan. Thank you so much

Jane
September 28, 2021 at 09:09 PM

Lia, Your brother had God reflected in his gentle soul. He is in a gentle resting place and is watching over you. Rest In Peace Nathan and Godspeed.

EM 1
September 27, 2021 at 06:30 PM

Lia so sorry for your loss. I’m offering up my rosary today for you and your brother.

annie
September 27, 2021 at 01:39 PM

Dear Lia, My prayers and condolences to you and your family on the loss of Nathan. Veterans have a special place in Heaven. I lost my brother John, a Viet Nam veteran, to complications from Agent Orange. May God Bless all veterans, living and deceased.

Maria
September 27, 2021 at 12:52 PM

Dear Lia, May he Rest In Peace. ✝️

Pam
September 27, 2021 at 11:15 AM

Lia, God Bless Nathan and all who love him. Praying for you all.

B.T.
September 27, 2021 at 09:49 AM

Lia, so sorry for your loss. Nathan will be in my prayers. May God Bless you and your family.

Katj
September 27, 2021 at 09:41 AM

Lia- praying for Nathan today and for you and his family to find comfort. I pray that his gentle soul has found a place with Jesus, free of any maladies and resting in peace. Kathy

September 27, 2021 at 08:59 AM

I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved brother, Lia :-( May God's peace and comfort be with you always! Here is what God says in Isaiah 55:8-9, “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts!"

Stormy
September 27, 2021 at 08:40 AM

Lia Those of us left behind can only guess at what is on the other side but I truly believe that the ones left behind are the ones that hurt more than those God has received. I will pray for your brother that God has taken him in and all his burdens are healed.

September 27, 2021 at 08:26 AM

Lia I will pray for your brother Nathan this morning at Mass. I will also pray for you and his family. Veterans have a special place in the Lord's heart. Know that he's in a special place. Ken

Linda
September 27, 2021 at 07:21 AM

Lia, I am so sorry for the loss of your brother, Nathan. He is at peace. No one knows what is in the heart except God. I pray with you that your brother sees our Lord in His full glory! May you find comfort in knowing that God has a special place in His heart for all His children!

Sandy
September 27, 2021 at 07:15 AM

Lia, praying for him today. May you find peace in your heart as well. He had many good qualities the Lord will recognize.

Frank
September 27, 2021 at 07:13 AM

Praying for your brother Nathan and your family.

Tricia
September 27, 2021 at 07:10 AM

Lia, I am sorry for your loss. My prayers today will be for Nathan. May God have mercy on his soul.