September 10, 2021
Life-changing Mercy
I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and an arrogant man, but I have been mercifully treated because I acted out of ignorance in my unbelief.
1 Timothy 1:13

St. Paul understands that God’s law calls us to a higher purpose. This law resides within us; it’s written on the human heart and woven into the fabric of who we are. As individuals and in relationship with one another, we are the children of God.

Paul (Saul of Tarsus), a Pharisee, knew the Hebrew bible and strictly adhered to Jewish traditions. Yet he says he was ignorant—and God thought so too. Paul would eventually come to realize that in Christ there is no longer Greek, Jew, slave, free, sinner or saint, but One Body in Christ.

St. Paul’s dramatic conversion to Christianity opened his heart to God’s mercy. God did not choose Paul for his purity or his deep reverence for Jesus the Messiah. Paul possessed neither at the start. Like St. Paul, all of us are sinners fully relying on God’s mercy.

- Deborah Meister

1 Timothy 1:1-2, 12-14 • Psalm 16:1-2, 5, 7-8, 11 Luke 6:39-42

Comments

September 10, 2021 at 04:40 PM

Praying for Janet and Joann and their families.

September 10, 2021 at 02:07 PM

Gmorning LFF. Can you all keep my 2 Sons ages 31 & 37 in Prayer to get along. Us 3 live together. An incident happened on 9-1-21, my Son James (31) has left the house to stay at a Hotel, losing most of his savings. He left to stop the confrontations...I have been having anxiety. I have Blessed my whole house with Holy water, rebuking the Evil one in our home. Thank you. God bless us everyone.

Kim
September 11, 2021 at 06:05 AM

I am praying for your family.

September 10, 2021 at 03:14 PM

Janet I will pray for you and your sons right now. Be patient with them and keep praying the Lord will provide. Ken

September 10, 2021 at 10:28 AM

May our Lord‘s healing hand be upon her during this time✝️

September 10, 2021 at 09:34 AM

Eleanor Pierre Respond to comment
September 10, 2021 at 08:18 AM

Joann May the healing hands of the physicians be directed by the healer who is now watching down on His children.Only believe all things are possibe if we only believe.Talk to Him and asked Him for guidance in making your decision. Amen

September 10, 2021 at 08:12 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for today's Gospel. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever. Amen Holy father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies'' radar and scramble the enemies frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts - by the power of God - Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

September 10, 2021 at 08:04 AM

So many times I am adhering to traditions and am ignorant at the start. God give me the wisdom to better understand and have mercy.

September 10, 2021 at 07:45 AM

September 10, 2021 at 07:18 AM

Amen..

September 10, 2021 at 06:19 AM

Asking for orayers fir my mom. She was admitted to the hospital a week ago due to a bowel obstruction seem to be getting better but last night she took a turn for the worse and they want to do surgery she's 88 years old

Kim
September 11, 2021 at 06:14 AM

I am praying for your mom.

September 10, 2021 at 03:17 PM

Joanne I am sorry for responding so late but I am watching my 1.5 year old grandson Hendrix. I will pray for you and your mother right now, baby is sleeping Ken

T W
September 10, 2021 at 11:09 AM

Joann, may the Lord our God keep your Mother in His care!

Holly
September 10, 2021 at 09:34 AM

Prayers for you, your mother and your family.

Stormy
September 10, 2021 at 08:41 AM

Joann, prayers for your mother and the entire family.

Sandi
September 10, 2021 at 08:05 AM

Prayer for God’s blessings and healing for your Mother.

Jane
September 10, 2021 at 07:58 AM

Sending light and healing thoughts your way Joann. Wishing for a quick and successful surgery.

Carol
September 10, 2021 at 07:19 AM

Prayers for your Mom and family.

Marko
September 10, 2021 at 06:55 AM

I am praying g for your Mom Joann that her obstruction would be corrected by the Great Physician.

Katj
September 10, 2021 at 06:23 AM

Joann- praying for your mom this morning. May our Lord guide the surgeon and bring her to healing. I pray for her strength and yours. God bless