September 8, 2021
The Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
It’s All Good
We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28

Oh yes, we believe that God loves us and desires only good for us. At least, we believe it in the abstract. Still, earthly loss is loss, and when someone dear to us dies or we find ourselves in spiritual, emotional or financial crisis, it can be really hard not to question God.

But the good is always there, even if it takes us a while to find it. The good is there in the friend who dropped everything to take us to the specialist after an accident. The good is there in the anonymous person who covered our electricity bill. The good is there in the sibling who always seems to know the best time to call. And where there is good, there is God.

God, shine your light so that your grace and mercy is evident to me.

- Melanie Rigney

Micah 5:1-4a or Romans 8:28-30 Psalm 13:6 • Matthew 1:1-16, 18-23

Comments

September 8, 2021 at 05:31 PM

Great reflections today, Melanie. It looks like we must be the special someone to help support, strengthen and offer our prayers to those suffering today. May we pray together, as God instructed, for Robert and Ron, and Jeff, Summer and their families.

September 8, 2021 at 11:54 AM

Sandi and Robert, I have your prayer requests tucked tight in my prayers. I can't imagine the disbelief and worry your friends and loved ones are going through. But, today's reflection certainly is timely to help us all focus on God's presence in our lives despite the heaviness of our hearts at this moment in time. God Bless Summer, Jeff and his sons, and Ron and all who love them.

September 8, 2021 at 10:08 AM

Thank you, Melanie. This is a very trying time for many of my friends and relatives. There have been many losses just this year. I try to focus on praying and not giving in to distress. We need Jesus to be evident to us and through us to get us through these crises. I'm very thankful for LFF. God bless.

September 8, 2021 at 09:39 AM

An inspirational devotion, Melanie! I pray to never let the darkness, in or around me, to overshadow the light that will shine through. A blessed day and many prayers to everyone in need today.

September 8, 2021 at 09:18 AM

Melanie thank you for your beautiful reflection this morning. We are going through a health crisis with my son right now. Although it seems overwhelming at times I have been helped by some wonderful angels. God bless all of them. Prayers for all the requests this morning.

Kim
September 8, 2021 at 07:24 PM

I am praying for your son.

September 8, 2021 at 08:23 AM

Dear LF family. Prayers needed for Jeff and his family. His wife Summer, just after given birth to twin boys, was diagnosed with Leukemia. Drs started chemo right away. She was able to hold her boys (as both were in ICU). Shortly after she developed a brain bleed and passed away. Prayers are needed for this young Man, he his a Pastor at a community college. We never know Gods plans we need faith and put out trust in Him who will bring Jeff through this.

Jane
September 9, 2021 at 07:14 AM

Jeff, may God’s healing touch you. May God’s hands be cradling Sandi as she watches over your family. Sending strength to the twins.

Kim
September 8, 2021 at 07:29 PM

I commented on the wrong response. Sorry about that. I am praying for Jeff. May God give him strength.

Kim
September 8, 2021 at 07:23 PM

I am praying for your son.

Mike E
September 8, 2021 at 01:38 PM

Offering up prayers for Jeff and his family.

Gayle
September 8, 2021 at 10:40 AM

Prayers for Jeff and his family. May they know Gods peace and see His path for the future.

Mel
September 8, 2021 at 10:34 AM

Dear St. Joseph, Pillar of families, Comforter of the afflicted, please intercede for Jeff and his sons.

Melody
September 8, 2021 at 09:15 AM

Jeff and his family are in my prayers this morning. May God provide them with comfort and strength as they move forward after this terrible loss.

Debbie Lucia Barrett
September 8, 2021 at 09:14 AM

praying for jeff and his family .May God give him strength !

September 8, 2021 at 08:29 AM

Sandi I will pray for you and your friend and his children. This morning. Ken

Melissa
September 8, 2021 at 08:28 AM

Prayers

September 8, 2021 at 08:11 AM

Amen! Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts- by the power of God - Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

September 8, 2021 at 08:06 AM

September 8, 2021 at 08:01 AM

Amen. Happy Birthday Blessed Mother! Pray for us.

September 8, 2021 at 08:01 AM

May the light of His grace and mercy shine through me into the world! Peace be with you all!

September 8, 2021 at 06:56 AM

…But the good is there, it just may take you a while to find it. May we all be moved not only to find it, but to be a vessel of your goodness today, jg

Melanie
September 8, 2021 at 07:56 AM

Hi all! Jane, I love this comment--so true. About two years ago, I literally fell on my front teeth on uneven, unmarked pavement. Where's the good in that, right? It was shown almost immediately--my dentist was walking distance away and quickly set up an immediate appointment with a specialist. A good friend canceled all her plans for the afternoon and evening and took me to the specialist and waited for me. Even though they were pushed back an inch, I still have all six teeth. I'm grateful to my dentist and specialist. I'm even more grateful to God--and to my friend.

September 8, 2021 at 06:49 AM

Amen…

September 8, 2021 at 06:48 AM

Dear God please shine your light on my family thank you. Blessed Mother Thank you for your son Jesus Amen

September 8, 2021 at 04:57 AM

Good Morning Everyone, I'd like to ask for prayers for my brother in law Ron. He has a colon cancer test tomorrow. Please let it be a false positive and everything is alright. Thank You all in the LF family and God bless.

Kim
September 8, 2021 at 07:42 PM

I am praying for Ron.

September 8, 2021 at 08:31 AM

Robert Correction I will pray for Ron and positive test results. Ken

September 8, 2021 at 08:24 AM

Ron I will pray for you and your brother in law this morning at Mass in my parish Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Living faith family please pray for children as it is their first day of school. Ken

Carol
September 8, 2021 at 06:50 AM

Prayers for your brother and your family.

Jane
September 8, 2021 at 06:48 AM

Robert - Sending you light and lifting you both today, jg

Alyssa Peacock
September 8, 2021 at 06:19 AM

Sending prayers and peace! Love Always, Alyssa

Katj
September 8, 2021 at 05:37 AM

Robert- praying for Ron this morning.

September 8, 2021 at 04:20 AM

God is good to us in ways that aren’t always evident…..at least not yet!! Have a blessed day one and all. Peace.