August 17, 2021
Anything Can Happen
…the angel of the LORD appeared to [Gideon] and said, “The LORD is with you, O champion!” Gideon said to him, “My Lord, if the LORD is with us, why has all this happened to us?”
Judges 6:12-13

One particularly stressful day, my pastor offered words of comfort, reminding me that God loves me, but just because this is true, I should not think everything is going to be a bed of roses. “It won’t be,” he said with certainty. “In the end, everything will be okay. Meantime, all sorts of things can happen.”

I imagine that’s what the angel was trying to tell Gideon when he, his family and Israel were in a very tough spot.

We believe in the presence of God in our lives and with God all things are possible. Our gifts from the Holy Spirit help us meet the ever-changing and complex world. When we are prepared and willing to serve as God calls us, anything can happen, and often on the most stressful days. Our faith upholds us, and all will be well.

- Deborah Meister

Judges 6:11-24a • Psalm 85:9, 11-14 Matthew 19:23-30

Comments

August 17, 2021 at 09:50 AM

Rita
August 17, 2021 at 12:11 PM

JAM, our prayers are with you and am praying for Austin and all of our troops as well as the frightened and trapped souls in Kabul. Please Lord hear our prayers.

JAM
August 17, 2021 at 10:07 AM

"...often on the most stressful days..." This struck me because I have been stressed all weekend. We got word that our grandson who is serving in the Air Force was deployed to Kabul, Afghanistan to help with the evacuation. Living Faith family, you are so good about keeping all in your prayers. Please lift us Austin today and all those in harm's way.

August 17, 2021 at 09:14 AM

All things are possible for God. We too can accomplish many things in our lives, if we sacrifice all to God and follow him. Have faith, Jesus was not opposed to wealth, many of friends, were those of means, including tax collectors and sinners who came to follow Jesus and became his apostles. Jesus is warning us that these distractions may keep us from the Kingdom of God and is why he says that it is better for poor man who acts with integrity, than a rich man who is entrenched in his ways and does not see others who are in need to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Are we not all poor beggars, and sinnners in need of God’s love, forgiveness and mercy. Jesus is only implying that it is impossible for the rich to continue living in their ways without seeing the others who are in need to enter God's kingdom. The eye of a needle and the size of a camel was used by Jesus to describe how impossible this task is for us humans, but for his Heavenly Father, nothing is impossible. Come to me you of little faith and I will give you eternal life. Come and you will find mercy, Jesus proclaims to all of us today. Come and follow me and keep my commandments. Love one another as I have loved you. Come to me and I will provide you with my Divine Mercy and you shall not suffer, but enter my Fathers Kingdom. Dear Jesus, let me leave my old sinful ways and other things of this world that might get in my way of me seeing you daily in my life. Hear our prayers for our Living Faith Family gathered here today seeking your help in their own lives. We lift up the prayers to you of those who have no one to pray for them. Dear Jesus please bring the souls in Purgatory to your Heavenly Kingdom, we pray, All things are possible for God, Amen.

August 17, 2021 at 08:28 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Crist, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts - by the power of God - Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

August 17, 2021 at 08:00 AM

Amen. :)

August 17, 2021 at 07:56 AM

It’s easy to feel God’s presence when things are going well and the gratitude flows. When things get messy and stressful, it doesn’t feel the same. I need a reminder that God is with me and still guiding me, but I have to get out of my head long enough to be open to it. For today may God keep me open to Him during times of stress.

August 17, 2021 at 07:50 AM

It's a fact for us all that things happen which we wish did not. I have to believe there is a reason not always initially seen or appreciated, but in retrospect often proves to be a useful experience. I place my trust in Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

August 17, 2021 at 07:48 AM

Amen. Jesus I trust in you! Prayers for all.

Vicky G