July 28, 2021
Meeting God on Mountains
As Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the commandments in his hands, he did not know that the skin of his face had become radiant while he conversed with the LORD.
Exodus 34:29

In the presence of the Lord, Moses changed. But he really had no idea the extent of it. He couldn’t see himself. He didn’t know that he had become radiant.

On my own journey with the Lord, I am aware of certain ways in which I have been changed. I think I walk with more of a sense of freedom, as I know only God’s judgment—not the world’s—matters. I’m pretty sure I’m more patient than I would be if I didn’t try to keep the model of Christ’s humility at my center.

But perhaps there are other ways in which the Lord makes his presence known within me, ways that I can’t see myself. For every day, I’m moved by the witness—sometimes unknowingly—of others who’ve encountered God in unique ways on mountains near and far.

God of power and grace, shine through me.

- Amy Welborn

Exodus 34:29-35 • Psalm 99:5-7, 9 Matthew 13:44-46

Comments

July 28, 2021 at 11:11 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies radar and scramble the enemies frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must e done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts - by the power of God - Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

July 28, 2021 at 10:28 AM

*** "Moses never truly or fully saw God." https://www.gotquestions.org/did-Moses-see-God.html *** "Face to face" is used to describe the initmate relationship of God and Moses. https://www.gotquestions.org/God-Moses-face-to-face.html *** John 1:18, "No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, Who is Himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made Him known." ******* When one has an intimate relationship or an encounter with God, the result is being in the Kingdom of heaven, "out of joy (he) goes and sells all that he has and buys that field......he goes and sells all that he has and buys it." (Matthew 13:44b, 46b) *** What am I selling (giving up)? What am I buying (giving in)? Do I glow(or at least in a better frame of mind: hopeful, loving and sacrificial) when I meet with God even when things are NOT going well with me? *** When I am having a successful time, do others see the God (glow) in my success giving me favor? *** When I am having a failing time, do others see the God (glow) in my failure holding me up? ******* Others can see God so much clearer in me when I was going through the most difficult time of my life!!! Are you having a very difficult time this day? Look at yourself in the mirror, you may just find God clearer in that mirror because you may not have anything left to distract you? That's what happen to me when everything was taken away from me 21 years ago, all I have was/is/will be Jesus!!! We have been together ever since :-))) *** My Jesus by Anne Wilson https://youtu.be/FW5o2uBeMWQ Lyrics, "Are you past the point of weary? Is your burden weighing heavy? Is it all too much to carry? Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus Do you feel that empty feeling? 'Cause shame's done all its stealing And you're desperate for some healing Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus He makes a way where there ain't no way Rises up from an empty grave Ain't no sinner that He can't save Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus His love is strong and His grace is free And the Good News is I know that He Can do for you what He's done for me Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus And let my Jesus change your life Hallelujah, hallelujah Hallelujah, amen, amen Who can wipe away the tears From broken dreams and wasted years And tell the past to disappear? Oh Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus And all the wrong turns that you would Go and undo if you could Who can work it all for your good Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus.......Who would take my cross to Calvary? Pay the price for all my guilty? Who would care that much about me? Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus, oh!"

July 28, 2021 at 10:07 AM

Our personal transfiguration. When we get closer to God our lives will begin to be transformed into more than we could have ever dream for it. Are you ready to be transformed come all and find your treasures with God. Leave your old life behind to never return. Look towards Jesus, all of his teachings for our lives. Jesus has unlimited divine mercy for everyone, come to him and seek his mercy. While praying for his divine mercy, remember his passion, what he experienced for us. The Agony in the garden, Scourging at the pillar, The crowning with thrones, The carrying of the cross, and lastly His Crucifixion. See that was not difficult, but with every step of his passion, pray, spend some time with him, talk with him, he is always listening. Come seek his mercy. We pray AMEN. Please dear Jesus hear our prayers for this your Living Faith Family, for those who have no one to pray for them, hear their prayers, and for all of the souls in Purgatory, that today their suffering may cease and they be reunited with you in your Heavenly Paradise, we pray, Amen.

July 28, 2021 at 10:02 AM

Troy, yes! We all need to tune into the real tablets today, the life Saving ones, and Listen to God.

July 28, 2021 at 09:30 AM

Even today, people should take two tablets and call (pray) him (God) in the morning.

July 28, 2021 at 09:26 AM

July 28, 2021 at 09:03 AM

Amy, this is one of those passages I’ve read/heard many time but found no relevance to myself. I don’t remember ever hearing a homily doing so either. It certainly makes one want to change in a positive way in daily encounters with our Lord, thank you!

Amy Welborn
July 28, 2021 at 11:47 PM

Thanks for your comment! I hope my brief reflection helped!

Tim
July 28, 2021 at 10:08 AM

Vicky G, so great to see you again. We missed you and your wonderful words of encouragement to all of us. Welcome back and may God bless you always, we pray, Amen.

July 28, 2021 at 08:16 AM

AMEN!!

July 28, 2021 at 08:14 AM

July 28, 2021 at 07:35 AM

Amen…

July 28, 2021 at 07:24 AM

There is an unshakable peace when we experience God’s presence in our lives. That peace is radiated and certainly be felt by others.

July 28, 2021 at 10:06 AM

Jane I too like Matthew Kelly Patrick welcome back I miss your reflections and comments. We all know people who radiant a feeling of love. I try to be that person, because I truly feel positive about most people I encounter Sonia you and James are in my prayers and thoughts. Ken

Patrick
July 28, 2021 at 08:32 AM

“But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.” Exodus 33:20. I read an explanation of this scripture which explained that when we truly “see” God and follow His guidance the self in us dies and as you say Amy and Jane the truth of that is plain for all to see.