grouplicense
grouplicense
July 20, 2021
St. Apollinaris
Facing Obstacles
…the LORD swept the sea with a strong east wind throughout the night and so turned it into dry land.
Exodus 14:21

When we fall in love with God, we can have delightful moments of just wanting to go wherever God goes. At other moments, though, going with God is less lovely. Obstacles appear along the path. Things get frightening and discouraging. We wonder, “Have I gone the wrong way? Has God misled me?” It’s agonizingly difficult not to give up or turn back.

But sometimes we find the courage and faith to meet that obstacle and not run away, especially if others help us. How else could the Israelites have met the immeasurable obstacle of the great Red Sea, stopping them perilously in their flight from the furious pursuing armies of Pharaoh? They had the leadership of Moses, the encouragement of one another, their many years’ spiritual training and the Word of God to sustain them. The obstacle became a doorway.

Lord, help us keep faith in face of insurmountable obstacles until you open the path for us.

- Mary Marrocco

Exodus 14:21—15:1 • Exodus 15:8-10, 12, 17 Matthew 12:46-50

Comments

July 20, 2021 at 12:23 PM

Thank God for the gift of community. God’s grace enlarges those doorways as we encourage and support one another!

July 20, 2021 at 10:47 AM

When I was on maternity leave (first child/ and first grandchild in family), I became part of a large corporate reorganization that was the result of two companies merging. My new job post leave would require me to move 2 thousand miles away to a company and into a group where I knew no one. Total brick wall. Without that move I would not have had the doorway of opportunities for growth and advancement that I experienced over the last 20 years. Thank you God for letting me hit up against the hard brickwall from which a hidden doorway appeared!

July 20, 2021 at 10:32 AM

Loved, "The obstacle became a doorway!" *** Human nature: Seeing is believing (Exodus 14:30-31) and forgetful...the Israelites believed because they saw the dry land on Red Sea and drowning of the Egyptians on Red Sea, but have they already forgotten the ten plagues God did in Egypt? * What do you have to see to believe in Jesus? Have you forgotten what God has done for you in your life so far? What obstacle are you facing right now that looks like a brick wall? *** Are you ready to sing a new song to our Lord? Sing A New Song Unto The Lord https://youtu.be/ZH7t9_mXuh4 *** We are Jesus' brothers, sisters and mothers if we are doing the will of God! Matthew 12:49-50, "And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my heavenly Father is my brother, and sister, and mother.” We know what Mary and James did...the will of God! How about you? What is God's will for you to do? ******* I have learned a lot in the last few weeks about what I thought my faith would and didn't look like in the midst of anxiety and heart fluttering issues. It sure is easier to say Hebrews 11:1, "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see!" and hard to practice and follow through :-( God provided me with opportunities for me in the last 3 weeks to practice this faith thing until I get it for the moment. I know I have not fully mastered it, but I have put forth small steps in actions and that is a giant step for my faith :-0 *** Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory :-)

July 20, 2021 at 09:06 AM

July 20, 2021 at 08:31 AM

May we pray that the obstacles in our lives can become “doorways” if we turn it over to our Heavenly Father in prayer. It isn’t easy, but only God can remove obstacles that impede our spiritual growth. Beautiful reflection, Mary. Thank you!

July 20, 2021 at 08:22 AM

July 20, 2021 at 07:44 AM

God loves all of us. The ones who commit to him and keep his commandments are all his brothers and sisters and mothers. God's love never fails, never forgets, never compromises, never lies, never lets us down nor disappoints us. His love is consistent, unwavering, unconditional, unrelenting and unstoppable. There is no end to his love. Nothing in this world can make him leave us, ignore us, or withhold from us his merciful love and care He will love us no matter what. It is his nature to love. That is why he created us - to be united with him and to share in his love. To be his disciple, is to follow what he taught us and that is to love your God with all of your heart, mind and soul and to do the same to your neighbor, one another. Amen

July 20, 2021 at 09:33 AM

Amen, Tim! He never changes :-)

July 20, 2021 at 07:27 AM

AMEN! Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. You will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts - by the power of God - Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen