grouplicense
grouplicense
July 19, 2021
Dividing Our Fears
Far better for us to be the slaves of the Egyptians than to die in the desert.
Exodus 14:12

We frequently fall short when we try to imagine what God might do for us. Often, we imagine disaster. The Israelites were so doubtful of God’s love that they preferred slavery! But a miracle like Creation itself, when God first divided the waters, was about to take place with the parting of the Red Sea, to give birth to a free people.

This is the constant theme of the whole Bible: redemption! salvation! freedom! glory! Yet we tend to like limits; it seems safer that way. But now, let’s invite God’s love to divide our own fears, opening up a road to grace upon grace. Then we will receive blessings beyond imagination!

- Miguel Dulick

Exodus 14:5-18 • Exodus 15:1-6 Matthew 12:38-42

Comments

Esther I Lokboj Respond to comment
July 19, 2021 at 02:17 PM

July 19, 2021 at 01:23 PM

It is natural and necessary to have fear... That's why I don't touch fire with my hand and cross the road into moving traffic! My fear foundation is first and foremost, "The fear of the Lord!" (Proverbs) For the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge (1:7, 2:5), wisdom (9:10), prolongs life (10:27), strong confidence (14:26), fountain of life (14:27), the instruction for wisdom (15:33), and leads to life (19:23)! *** It is not about what I do or don't do, thank God! It is ALL about Who God is, His faithfullness, His goodness and His kindness :-) *** This is not the first time the Isrealites complained about God or Moses in the desert or the last time :-( *** They complained about no water and no food along the way in Exodus 16:3, Numbers 20:4 and 21:5 *** Jesus still came as babe and died for our sins in the midst of our complaining and evils! * 2 Corinthians 5:21, "For He made Him Who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him! " * Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast! " * Romans 10:9-10, "That if you confess with your mouth, " Jesus is Lord! " and believe in your heart that God raised Him (Jesus) from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your month that yiu confess and are saved! " *******Amen!!! Lord, I give You my heart by Hillsong https://youtu.be/FHMjhz8aHTw

July 19, 2021 at 11:30 AM

Jane I agree we have a great large country. We can accommodate many people who need to leave the country for various reasons. As Christian's we should take them in Living faith family I want to share this story I heard in Cardinal's Spellman homily. Young boy comes home from religion class dad asked what did you learn. Boy says story of Egypt and Israel. Egyptian chasing Israelis came to sea, Israeli called in army corps of engineers they built a pontoon bridge and Israeli went across. Then Israeli called in drones to bomb the Egyptians. Dad said is that what you learned?? Boy said no but you wouldn't believe the real story . Please pray for the souls in purgatory and the essential workers and their families Ken

July 19, 2021 at 09:26 AM

Thank you. Depending on the Grace of God, to do the will of God, as we live each day; in human history up to today, this is truly revolutionary, and a good one.

July 19, 2021 at 08:32 AM

Amen! Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your KIngdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts - by the power of God - Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

July 19, 2021 at 08:26 AM

Amen…

July 19, 2021 at 08:13 AM

July 19, 2021 at 08:08 AM

Have Faith. Receive the blessings and graces from the Lord. Ask for forgiveness for ever doubting the Lord, repent and follow him. Today, we hear two examples of where these people might have had faith, but when challenged, they gave in to fear and quickly their faith was lost. And the other group of people in the Gospel, had little to no faith. They kept wanting to see more so they could be convinced, so our Lord said there will not be anymore signs given to you. He already gave them an adequate sign in Jonah’s experience. For those who continue to doubt the Lord, are limiting their lives to all he has in store for them. Look at your life, could you have planned how wonderful it has turned out so far, when you were young. I like to remember when I was 25 years young and if God came to me and said here, write out what you would like for your life to be when you are 60 years old, I can guarantee you, yo would definitely have short changed the many blessings in your life. I tell everyone that I share this story with, that God still has my pen in his hand is continuously writing my story. Repent, ask for his mercy and forgiveness and begin a new life, full of faith in him. Come to him, you have been chosen. Ask for his divine mercy and remember his passion. He has given and suffer so much for each of us in our lives. Come to him, pray to him, put your pen back into his very capable hand. May he give you comfort today in your life, filled with endless possibilities, we pray, Amen.

AZ Nanny of 4
July 19, 2021 at 11:43 AM

Amen. Well said,Tim and very true. Blessings for all

Jim Rinchuso
July 19, 2021 at 08:57 AM

Thanks Tim for that thought. I would never have dreamed in my wildest imagination at 25 what God has done for me at 70 (by just trusting in God). Blessings to you and all the Living Faith family.

July 19, 2021 at 06:02 AM

Change is so hard. I would be terrified at the thought of quickly packing up all our family and belongings and joining a caravan out of the life I know and am accustomed to - even though I know it will be better than where I am at today. Imagine the courage of an immigrant to say, we are leaving you (and here) and going to live in a new country…sometimes the journeys are fatal, but they almost always are challenging. Many arrive with no family or network, few resources and few connections. When the pain of same is greater than the pain of change, they experience grace in courage, determination and persistence as they transform their lives. Lord, let me know that grace today.

Christine
July 19, 2021 at 12:20 PM

Beautifully said, Jane! So true.

Kelly
July 19, 2021 at 07:38 AM

I meant for the question marks to be !!! ☺️

Kelly Giewat
July 19, 2021 at 07:37 AM

Amen! What a great connection to modern times ????????