grouplicense
grouplicense
July 15, 2021
St. Bonaventure
Reaching Out
I am concerned about you and about the way you are being treated in Egypt.
Exodus 3:16

When we are feeling low, frightened or discouraged, is there any sweeter balm than a friend or a spouse expressing concern and a willingness to comfort us? Just the expression of concern can be enough to ease our pain. What we don’t always realize is that when someone reaches out to us, it may be the literal answer to our prayer.

The Lord heard the sufferings of his people enslaved in Egypt. His emissary was Moses, sent to tell the people that the Lord cared about them and how they were being treated. Their prayers had been heard. True to his covenant with his chosen people, God would send Moses to lead his people to “a land flowing with milk and honey.”

Often, the Lord’s emissary in our own lives is that concerned friend who reaches out. Sometimes it is us who are asked to reach out to others.

Jesus, help me to be generous when I am called to ease someone else’s burden.

- Greg Erlandson

Exodus 3:13-20 • Psalm 105:1, 5, 8-9, 24-27 Matthew 11:28-30

Comments

July 15, 2021 at 10:25 AM

I am sent me. Are we all not shepherds in God’s pasture. Merciful and loving Lord Jesus, grant us the continuing wisdom, knowledge and understanding we need to pasture your sheep. Let us follow your ways and practices in our own lives, we pray Amen. Jesus promises each of us rest. Come to him, ask for his mercy and love in our lives. Jesus offers his yoke, want better assistance could we ask for. What better teacher. With Jesus, we can make it through our darkest days. Are we shepherding God’s pasture, if not, let us come to him, freely without reservations, we pray. Amen.

July 15, 2021 at 10:03 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts - by the power of God - Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

July 15, 2021 at 09:34 AM

July 15, 2021 at 09:15 AM

“When we are feeling low, frightened or discouraged, is there any sweeter balm than” what Jesus said to me in today’s Gospel Matthew 11:28-30, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I AM meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For My yoke is easy, and My burden light.” I need to hear that today, yesterday, tomorrow, and forever! My takeaways: 1) When God is in the burning bush the bush does not get consumed! 2) God’s Name is I AM! 3) When God sent Moses to Pharaoh, He already knew his responses! P.S. I also see God was sending the Israelites to the land is flowing with milk and honey, but they were also going into the land of the “ites” (Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites). Plus, it took God 400 years before He sent Moses to rescue the Israelites. What do we learn from that? *** My prayer, “I give thanks to the LORD, I invoke Your Name; I make known among the nations Your deeds. I recall the wondrous deeds that You have wrought, Your portents, and the judgments You have uttered!” Amen! You are the great I AM, my God and my Lord :-) R. The Lord remembers his covenant for ever.

July 15, 2021 at 10:24 AM

I so appreciate this LFFamily as I am going through a difficult time!!! Thank you for all your prayers, spoken or unspoken :-) My struggle is like the scattered pouring I drove through yesterday with the Son shinning most of my trip! Praise God for revealing Himself to me through each of you and the Message (ch. 63) on XM radio. I had my ultrasound done on my aorta yesterday morning. It was easy and she will send the report to the doctor. I assume she didn’t see any image of possible aneurysm for the artery? My blood work is clear, my EKG is fine and I am awaiting the result of the Zio XT heart monitoring. Sharing with you my lessons from the Lord during the 4 hour drive yesterday: 1) I was a mess during the first hour of driving, until I opened up my cracking voice and sing (shout at times) along with the praise songs. That and crying released good chemicals into my system that combats my anxiety and heart fluttering :-) I was calm most of the way there! Love my God with all my heart, my soul, my mind and my strength takes on a new meaning in lifting ALL my voice. Thank God! 2) These two songs spoke loudly to me * Grace Found Me by Tauren Wells and Gary LeVox https://youtu.be/vqSvTJeGU0k * I’m Gonna Let It Go by Jason Gray https://youtu.be/yJY83Hbduvg (Patrick, thank you for the song, “Through The Fire” by Randy Travis https://youtu.be/Ndusig-nogo) 3) New Life Live on XM radio (ch.131) - that I’m going through a grief process manifested in physical symptoms. What am I grieving - letting go of my girl to grow into adults and letting go of the control of protecting and doing things for them! Need to find a counselor to further unpack this and process this grief correctly! ******* There is something else I am supposed to say to the husbands who read this: listen to this song, share it with your wife and ask if the song speaks to her and how! Lead Me by Sanctus Real https://youtu.be/ffBG7JAvBiw I remember how mad my husband was when I told him I did relate to the song that many years ago when he thought he was doing such a good job as a husband and provider for the family. So husbands, be mad at me but listen to it, share it and ask it anyway!

Tim
July 15, 2021 at 10:10 AM

Salina, perfect take away’s. Prayers every day! Amen

July 15, 2021 at 09:05 AM

Know that we are Blessed to be a Blessing!

July 15, 2021 at 08:34 AM

Spot on! Sometimes we forget about others’ burdens and troubles and need to be there to listen and pray for them. I’ve been at my lowest at times and have pulled through with friends’ prayers…all because they were there and listened.

July 15, 2021 at 08:19 AM