grouplicense
grouplicense
July 14, 2021
St. Kateri Tekakwitha
God With Us
I will be with you.
Exodus 3:12

We all have troubles. The secret of acceptance is in the surrender and hope we bring to each trial.

I remember well my own father’s death by suicide, my mother’s struggle with Alzheimer’s, the year of feeding starving children in Sudan’s desert and my four bouts with cancer. My struggles, as yours, required deep faith that will, hopefully, carve in us more assuredly the love God has for us.

Our trials are the holy ground on which we journey to the gates of heaven. Our dependence on God is positive proof, even though we may not feel it, of our belief in the divine presence among us.

As we celebrate today with our dear St. Kateri, may we once again recall with certainty that God is with us in all the storms of life—not just in summer rains—and that everything is sacred. May we offer this assurance to all in their need as God did for us, through others, in ours.

- Sr. Bridget Haase O.S.U.

Exodus 3:1-6, 9-12 • Psalm 103:1-4, 6-7 Matthew 11:25-27

Comments

July 14, 2021 at 11:22 PM

“Our trials are holy ground...” . Reminds me that God is with me always. Thank you, Sister.

Petula Joachim-Thomas Respond to comment
July 14, 2021 at 10:24 PM

Thank you Sr. Bridget. On Tuesday I was sharing with a prayer group how God is with us at times. I gave them 3 testimonies of those times that I never gave up and kept the faith. God is indeed awesome. On one occasion I went before the Blessed Sacrament and begged for the "storms" to be over in my life because of the Covenant made in Jeremiah 29:11. I was given Isaiah 40:8. My faith in God remains strong to this day. Praise God.

July 14, 2021 at 04:58 PM

Thank you Sr. Bridget for your devotion today. I always like to pick out a line from the writers message to focus on. Your "God is with us in all the storms of life—not just in summer rains" was especially moving for me. It tells us we all have our degrees of problems that come up and if we turn them over to God, He will be there with us. Looks like I will be busy with my prayer requests tonight. Take care all. I will be keeping the prayer light open for you all this evening.

July 14, 2021 at 01:34 PM

Sr. Brigid....this is beautiful. Thank you. There really IS no other. Peace.

July 14, 2021 at 11:46 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for today's Gospel. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that hey would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must e done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts - by the power of God - Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeding the ruin of souls. Amen

Carmen Fernandez Respond to comment
July 14, 2021 at 11:45 AM

Amen, amen, amen!

July 14, 2021 at 11:17 AM

Hello LFFamily! I am a daily visitor of this website every morning. I like to read the daily devotions first and the comments by everyone especially Salina. And then move on to saying my morning prayers starting with the daily Bible readings. Yesterday, I was reading Salina’s comment while waiting for my husband to come and say our morning prayers together. He came and it was the first time I shared my thoughts with him because I’m always inspired by Salina’s comment. I said to him I always love reading Salina’s comment. It’s so inspirational and true. And I was telling him, “this woman speaks like she knows the Bible by hard. Like she memorized every book, every verse. It’s amazing. I love her.” and today hearing you’re having surgery, I pray that God’s favor be upon you and keep you in His loving and healing care. God bless you Salina with comfort, calm, and peace. And may God bless the doctors and nurses tending to your care today. God bless all LFFamilies! Amen. Thank you Sr. Bridget for wonderful devotion. It reminded me of yesterday when my daughter texted me yesterday saying “there’s always something that goes wrong everyday.” She said she locked herself out of the bathroom. So I told her, “Sweetie you need to pray, turn your life around, and convert your heart to the Lord. Everything that’s going wrong is because you let them by focusing on them and other unimportant things of this world but not on God. He just want to hear your voice calling out to him.” Today’s devotion speaks the struggles and pain of my daughter’s life and I pray that she will find peace. I send her this song ‘Be Alright by Evan Craft’ and she texted me saying she said a prayer too. Made me smile and thank God.

July 14, 2021 at 09:22 AM

Amen. Prayers for you Salina.

July 14, 2021 at 09:08 AM

I will have double S’s in my prayers all day today…Salina, for you Child of God, and for another sweet Child of God, my God Daughter, Scarlett Grace - as she wings her way from Texas to the shores of Lake Ontario to spend some time here. This is her first unaccompanied flight…she just turned 16! All of God’s very best blessings to Salina and Scarlett! Amen!

T W
July 14, 2021 at 11:11 AM

My Prayers are attached to your Prayers!

July 14, 2021 at 08:45 AM

“….My struggles, as yours, required deep faith that will, hopefully, carve in us more assuredly the love God has for us.” Thank you, Sister. My struggles now feel like I am alone battling the evil one

July 14, 2021 at 10:05 AM

Tricia you are not alone the living faith family is always there. As well as the Lord and the holy spirit, I will pray for you right now. Ken

July 14, 2021 at 08:36 AM

God with us :-) Thank You, Lord Jesus! Your presence is felt through the prayers from this faithful LFFamily!!! My God and my Lord Jesus, I believe, I trust, I surrender, I submit, I see You in this LFFamily spoken or silent...Praise You in all that I am, in all that I face whenever, in all that You have prepared and planned for me :-) *** Isaiah 7:14, "the Lord Himself will give you the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a Son and will call Him Immanuel (which means ‘God is with us’). *** Matthew 1:22-23, "All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son, and they will call Him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”). *** Revelation 21:3-4, "And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and He will dwell with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” ******* Thank You, Lord Jesus, for revealing Yourself to me in the hearts and minds of this LFFamily :-) Whom Shall I Fear by Chris Tomlin https://youtu.be/qOkImV2cJDg *Getting my Aorta Ultrasound at 9am this morning and this afternoon driving to Raleigh to help Jessi to prepare and pack for Saturday move! Prayers :-)

Eliza
July 14, 2021 at 01:40 PM

Holy Ground Salina, you and we are on Holy Ground, let God hold you and lead you to verdant pastures. You are loved, held, and Safe. Peace to all here.

July 14, 2021 at 08:24 AM

Amen! Thank you for your words of assurance. Salina, you are in my prayers.

July 14, 2021 at 08:17 AM

July 14, 2021 at 07:52 AM

Living Faith Family, I agree with all of you, our LFS- Salina needs our prayers. Please reflect today on his passion and ask for his mercy, love and graces to be given to Salina to help her through her struggles. God was with the people of Egypt and he is with us now. Where two or more come together, I am there in their midst. Prayers we pray for you our LFS, Salina. Amen

July 14, 2021 at 08:20 AM

Amen!!! God with us, Immanuel :-) The peace, the confidence and the hope this LFFamily gives me and others...the holy ground where God is! Praise and thank God for each of you as you receive from God and give out to others :-)

July 14, 2021 at 07:40 AM

Thank you Sr. Bridget for your insights. I particularly like your comment, “ the secret to acceptance is surrender and hope”. As we know, “all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.”

July 14, 2021 at 06:39 AM

What a beautiful, truth-filled reflection. It is in the challenges that our faith is tested, reaffirmed and finally seen as a gift from our Father.

July 14, 2021 at 06:34 AM

I too have just caught up with what’s going on with our good friend Salina, of whom I look forward to reading her thoughts, along with all of you, my LFF! My first thing i do in the morning at 5:30, is to look back at yesterday’s LF comments. Salina, you have my prayers and I pray for rest for you. This morning I dedicate all my wellness prayers to you and my rosary. On my walk, this morning at 7, I will continue praying for you to be anxious free! Blessings for all! Kathy

Katj
July 14, 2021 at 08:34 PM

Ken, your youngest son I will pray for tonight.

July 14, 2021 at 08:30 AM

Katj I totally agree , you are truly a prayer warrior. Here and on the prayer requests site. Morning walking is great for cleaning the mind and soul. Patrick, Tim you guys are an incredible team. Salina I will pray for you at Mass this morning and during the day Please keep my youngest son in your prayers, he is going for a test this morning. Keep the souls in purgatory and the essential workers and their families in your prayers Ken

July 14, 2021 at 02:27 AM

How true Sr. Bridget, we all have troubles and God is with us. Salina I got home late last night and have just caught up on yesterday’s comments. I hope you draw comfort from today’s devotional, although written in advance it’s no coincidence it arrived today. You are a woman who has contributed mightily on this forum and you’ll never know how many people you have encouraged by your daily replenishment of the well from which we draw comfort. I am one of them. Now is your time to rest a while draw water from the well. You’re a great one for the music and song, so today I suggest “through the fire “. I like the Randy Travis version. Wishing you and all at LF a blessed day.

EM 1
July 14, 2021 at 06:38 AM

Amen. Thank you for sharing Sister. I find it takes a daily effort to surrender to the many struggles and worries and sometimes all I can utter is Jesus I trust in you or a glance heavenward. Salina, I’m catching up as well (welcome/hello to another EM commenter so I’ll use EM 1 moving forward). Ditto Patrick’s comments. You are a true faith warrior. Rest and quietness are deserved. Prayers for all.