grouplicense
grouplicense
July 13, 2021
St. Henry
Shift and Reorder
I am sunk in the abysmal swamp
where there is no foothold;
I have reached the watery depths;
the flood overwhelms me.
Psalm 69:3

If you have lived long enough or deep enough, you know the feeling when the flood of life overwhelms you. When we come to the end of our own capacity to “hold it all together,” we cry out to God for help. Right when we think everything is falling apart, God is working to truly put us back together. Like the psalmist, we can pray for a time of favor. As God redeems us and restores us, he also upgrades our lives to a state of right order. Our priorities shift and reorder. Our energy focuses. Our passion and purpose align. Our hearts revive, and we learn that we never have to hold it all together on our own. We were created to lean on and rely upon God, in times of ease and comfort as well as in times of overwhelming struggle.

In his great kindness, he answers us with constant help.

- Kristin Armstrong

Exodus 2:1-15a • Psalm 69:3, 14, 30-31, 33-34 Matthew 11:20-24

Comments

July 13, 2021 at 05:52 PM

Amen, amen

July 13, 2021 at 02:00 PM

It is only God who Restores us and Gives us G.O.D....Good Orderly Direction. No.One.Else. Thank you Karen!

July 13, 2021 at 11:09 AM

Walking this morning with priase music on K-Love really helps me as I am overwhelmed with thanksgiving during this song, Your Grace Finds Me by Matt Redman https://youtu.be/hmFJkGEv3Lw *** Today's readings (Moses in a basket on a river, the psalmist overwhelmed by the flood, and Jesus' reproach on Chorazin and Bethsaida) reminds me of Oceans by Hillsong United https://youtu.be/6GGFb6LcX3U *** Psalm 95:8, "If today you hear His voice, harden not your hearts!" Can you hear His voice? Jesus said in Matthew 11:28-30, “Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” ******* To that I say Amen!!! My prayer in Psalm 69:14, 31, 33, "I pray to you, O LORD, for the time of Your favor, O God! In Your great kindness answer me with Your constant help...I will praise the Name of God in song, and I will glorify You with thanksgiving...I turn to the Lord in my need, and I will live!" Amen!

Bill L
July 13, 2021 at 05:14 PM

I will be praying tonight's rosary for you Salina.

July 13, 2021 at 10:46 AM

The devotional was awesome. I am a little confused as to why Matthew 11:20-24 was put as a supporting passage.

July 13, 2021 at 09:59 AM

Amen! Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts - by the power of God - Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeding the ruin of souls. Amen

July 13, 2021 at 09:43 AM

A Blessed and beautiful day with continued prayers for all! A special one for you too, Salina.

July 13, 2021 at 09:12 AM

Tim July 13, 2021 at 09:09 AM Salina, there might not be any words that will comfort you during your time of need, but know that we are all your prayer warriors, holding you up in your time of need. Do not ever feel you are alone in this we have you and God has us. Really God has us all. As Ken mentioned yesterday, deep breathing helps me when I become anxious and feel I have no control. Secondly letting go and as you mentioned above not my will Lord but your will be done. Know in your mind and your heart, we are standing with you, side by side, and you cannot get rid of us. My prayer this morning is simple. Dear Jesus bestow all of your loving mercy upon your daughter Salina, give her your shoulder to rest her head, allowing her to get the rest she needs and the strength to minister to the lost for your kingdom. Let your mercy flow through her body and out to souls of needs. She is your warrior for your kingdom. We pray, Amen, Amen, Amen and Amen.

July 13, 2021 at 10:34 AM

Tim, you make me cry :-) Thank you and I appreciate all of you. My joyful tears flow as I read, receive and recognize all your love and prayers (written and unwritten) for me here at Living Faith!!! The body of Christ here at LFFamily is doing God's work :-) *** Sharing with you my prayer request at BSF (Best Sisters-in-Christ Forever), "My heart is heavy as I have spent much time in Raleigh, NC with my girls, Katie and Jessi, and Chrissa (high school student in Pa I do BSF with on Zoom) and her Mom came to spent a weekend with us. I realize that it truly is very difficult to be in the world and not of the world in today’s environment! My burden is heavy for the young people of this and the next generation we serve whether they are at home, in BSF or on social media (broken_heart emoji) I listened to this podcast by Dr. Sean McDowell during my walk this morning and find it helpful! *** Unity on the essentials and charity on secondary but important issues! I can go back and listen to it again especially starting at 40min! https://youtu.be/dMkGl4CEW-Q *** I also ask for your prayers that God forgives my sins, calms my spirit and gives me the confidence to serve. *** I will go back to Raleigh this Wednesday to help Jessi to pack and load 2 U-Boxes. The 10 days I spent in Raleigh at the end of June didn’t go well with Jessi being mad at me because I stayed too long. I passed out at a cycling class on 6/28. I have seen my doctor Friday with blood work done, wearing a Zio XT heart monitoring for 3 days, Aorta ultrasound this Wednesday, and I need to find a counselor to talk to!"

July 13, 2021 at 08:56 AM

Amen! Very encouraging.

July 13, 2021 at 08:29 AM

Amen. :)

July 13, 2021 at 08:10 AM

God Morning (not a typo!). Praying today is a God blessed day for all of our LF Family and all who we love!

July 13, 2021 at 07:17 AM