grouplicense
grouplicense
July 9, 2021
St. Augustine Zhao Rong and Companions
Looking for the Blessing
Trust in the LORD and do good…
Psalm 37:3

It was our 50th wedding anniversary and we were under a stay-at-home order due to the pandemic. I felt a wave of disappointment as I gazed at the tickets to the dinner theatre we had purchased months ago. Before the day had ended, however, we had been showered with our favorite wine, received well wishes in chalk on our driveway from our grandchildren and miraculously received the missing ingredient I needed to make a special dinner. It was not the day we envisioned, but it was still a day filled with gifts.

Like all people, I experienced losses and disappointments in the past year—minor compared to some but difficult nonetheless. I was reminded again that in times of seeming abandonment, the ability to see God working through others makes the difference between feeling despair or hope.

How has God been present to you in times of suffering? How have you been the presence of Christ to others?

- Terri Mifek

Genesis 46:1-7, 28-30 • Psalm 37:3-4, 18-19, 27-28, 39-40 Matthew 10:16-23

Comments

July 9, 2021 at 04:35 PM

I know how you feel, Terri. Our 30th was to Hawaii. Had the whole trip planned out. And I see in each of God's words, there is always a catch. Trust in the LORD...and....do good. It seems you can't have one without the other. Great devotion, thanks.

July 9, 2021 at 02:54 PM

July 9, 2021 at 10:27 AM

Oftentimes, I didn't feel that Jesus was there while I was in the midst suffering. It was days, months, and even years before I knew and understood he was there the whole time. Thank you, Terri for the inspiration. Have a blessed day Living Faith!

July 9, 2021 at 09:45 AM

The key verse in the life of Joseph is in Genesis 50:20, "You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people!" *** Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes everything (good, bad and ugly) to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them!" *** Isaiah 55:8-9, "“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And My ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so My ways are higher than your ways and My thoughts higher than your thoughts!" *** 2 Peter 3:9-10, "The Lord isn’t really being slow about His promise, as some people think. No, He is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment!" ******* Wherever God is, there is His blessings! And God is blessing...period!!! Whether I or someone I love battle with illnesses (mental or physical or terminal or otherwise), or I or someone I love battle with financial/relational/career difficulties, or whatever I or someone I love battle with any kind of struggles...God is good, God is gracious, and God is my guide :-) *** Don't worry about what to do, what to say, what to eat, or what to wear because the Holy Spirit given to God's people will guide them and speak through them. You know the difference between Christians and non-christians? The Holy Spirit!!! That's why I cannot judge non-christians because they have no Holy Spirit to guide them and speak through them! I can only pray for them to come to know and believe the One true God :-) *** Ephesians 2:8-9, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast!" *** God Meant It All For Good https://youtu.be/cVwzYzZ7vrQ

Terri Mifek
July 9, 2021 at 03:14 PM

Hi Sandy, Thanks for your honesty and taking time to comment. Yes there have been periods in my life when I couldn’t see how God was with me during very painful times. I think once I realized God didn’t prevent pain and suffering but was in the suffering it changed how I saw everything.

July 9, 2021 at 08:57 AM

Amen…

July 9, 2021 at 08:53 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts - by the power of God - Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

July 9, 2021 at 08:29 AM

July 9, 2021 at 03:52 AM

Today we hear about Jacob and Joseph his sons. I’ve been watching “The Chosen” in Season 1 Episode 8 and shows Jacob and his sons. Bishop Robert Barron from the “Word on Fire” has given his input in helping with the production of the show. I hope you check it out. You won’t be disappointed. https://watch.angelstudios.com/thechosen

EM
July 9, 2021 at 08:43 AM

Amen. Thank you Bonnie. I enjoy listening to Bishop Barron as well. Will check it out for sure. Prayers for all.

Katj
July 9, 2021 at 06:52 AM

Thank you Bonnie! I certainly will! I’ve been interested in these last readings involving Joseph and his life. Looking forward to watching!