grouplicense
grouplicense
July 7, 2021
What Do I Really Need?
We saw the anguish of his heart when he pleaded with us, yet we paid no heed.
Genesis 42:21

Facing the truth about ourselves is, often enough, not pretty. It is a condition, however, for our participation in God’s saving work.

The journey of Joseph’s brothers to Egypt was to seek relief from the famine that had spread over their land. What could be more important than survival? But the real drama of the Joseph story hinges not so much on the success of that mission, but on the painful reckoning brought about by their disguised brother, whom they had abandoned and left for dead. To be reconciled to one another through the good graces of a brother scorned and rejected…sound familiar? I write these words at a time when we are still in the teeth of the pandemic. We keep praying for release from the “famine” that has so devastated our world.

Lord, release me, too, from my hard heart and my disordered affections.

- Fr. Dennis Gallagher, A.A.

Genesis 41:55-57; 42:5-7a, 17-24a • Psalm 33:2-3, 10-11, 18-19 Matthew 10:1-7

Comments

July 7, 2021 at 01:43 PM

*** How many of us are living these two lies? Truth Be Told by Matthew West n Carly Pearce https://youtu.be/xC2wk1w09U8 *** Have you lived and expereinced the truth? Help Is On The Way by TobyMac https://youtu.be/-z6MmV8xuq0

July 7, 2021 at 10:10 AM

What does God's saving work look like? *** Joseph was sold by his brothers out of their jealousy, accused by Potiphar's wife out of her lust and went to prison. He interpreted the dreams of the cupbearer and the baker out of care and promptly being forgotten by the cupbearer out of his forgetfulness. Two more years, the cupbearer remembered Joseph when Pharoah needed someone to interpret his dreams. Joseph became the second in command and saved his brothers and their families in addition to all the people of the famine areas. *** God is good! His perfect plan and timing were revealed through both Joseph's years of suffering and the day of his release. He experienced both contentment and God's presence in very difficult situations for 13 years! *** Good Friday seemed like the end of a long 3 years of following Jesus? Now Jesus has died...what good would come out of that? But Christ rose from the dead 3 days later to accomplish redemption for all who would believe. God's timing is always perfect! His plan is of long ago! Even when we don't see it or understand it at the moment as Joseph didn't for 13 years :-) ******* Does it ever seem as if God has forgotten we pray for the pandemic to go away? How long, Lord? A new variant? Seriously? More masks? When does it end? Here is what I know about You, Lord! You wait until just the right time to accomplish far more than we coud ask or imagine! You providentially used the events of today and yesterday and tomorrow to fulfill Your purpose and redemption for the world! You are immutable, impartial and incomprehensible :-) Amen!!!

Bonnie L
July 7, 2021 at 11:02 AM

Amen! God Bless all those who commented today! May God continue to show us his way! It may take years but his plan for us that will lead us to his salvation. God is Love! After a long 15 months of unemployment a good job and a promotion for my husband. In Thanksgiving to the Holy Spirit, Immaculate Mary and St Joseph for prayers answered. Amen ???? ????❤️????

July 7, 2021 at 09:19 AM

Great Mercy. Joseph show great mercy for his brothers, can we do the same to our neighbors? This world would be such a different place. Love would be in the air, filled with God’s mercy for all. Repenting would be the norm, lines for the confessional, would be wrapped around the corner. Is this possible or is this a fantasy. It can begin with us, as we go and become disciplines of Jesus, looking for the lost souls, the souls not sure where or what direction to take in their lives. But if we help, and begin to share his Gospel messages with others, just maybe this is all possible. Jesus, wants us to come to him, the chosen, yes you. Come and take part of his love and divine mercy he has for all of us. Remember his passion today, each step of the 5 we highlight in the divine mercy chaplet. By remembering his passion we can remember what he did to save each one of us. If that is not total love and mercy, I do not know what is. Come to him, there is great mercy. We pray Amen. Dear Jesus, please hear these prayers of your Living Faith Family, may we be remembered of your great mercy as we move forward with our day. Let’s us lift up the prayers for those who have no one to pray for them and for allof the souls in Purgatory. We Pray, Amen.

July 7, 2021 at 08:26 AM

Amen! Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts - by the power of God - Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

July 7, 2021 at 08:14 AM

July 7, 2021 at 08:14 AM

A deep devotional, Fr. Dennis, I know what I really need, I need to stay free to be the person that God created me to be. It's the journey of a lifetime, I've heard it called called the road less travelled. I needed to remove the masks I had developed to protect myself but in fact only led to isolation. Behind the masks I lived in a self deluding prison that didn't protect, me that was the lie. Removing them was scary but done gently and well worth it, forgiveness and reconciliation played a big part in this. I now see the world as abundant not threatening. I need continuously to guard against allowing the masks to return as they sometimes try to do. Since I put my trust in Jesus and committed to doing his will I haven't looked back. Now I look forward to every day. I keep my eyes open for the curved balls, the challenges that life throws at us all, then I wait for His guidance and supply, learn the lesson, grow and move forward under His protection. One day at a time, one moment at a time.

EM
July 7, 2021 at 10:39 AM

Amen. Beautiful reflection and comments. Thank you Patrick for verbalizing so well how I’m sure many of us feel. May the good Lord give us the grace to truly open our true selves to him and others and touch us with his mercy. Prayers for all.

July 7, 2021 at 09:22 AM

Patrick, thank you for your insight of the masks we wear for protection that leads to isolation! How does protection (in masks) lead us to isolation (in fears)? How does a good thing (masks) lead to a bad thing (isolation)? Well, I can only think of one thing - how much do we know the person of Jesus Christ, our Lord and our God and how much do we trust Him having everything planned out for each of us from long ago!!!