grouplicense
grouplicense
July 4, 2021
Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
What God Uses for His Glory
I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

There’s a squirrel that’s been hopping around our house for a while. He caught my eye because he only has a stump of a tail. This clearly makes a difference in his movement. His jumps are shorter, less like floating, and he lands more forcefully on the ground. He’s not nearly as graceful as his kin.

The squirrel doesn’t know how his movement is impacted by this limitation. I have countless limitations too, or “thorns in the flesh,” as Paul describes his own. I know about some of these weaknesses, and others I probably bear like the squirrel with the stumpy tail, unaware of how they impact me.

The squirrel has adapted. I can too, but I can do even more. I can give the broken, stumpy parts of me—hidden or known that seem to keep me close to the ground—and let God use them, trusting that he will, for his glory.

Lord, let your power work through my weakness.

- Amy Welborn

Ezekiel 2:2-5 • Psalm 123:1-4 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 • Mark 6:1-6a

Comments

July 4, 2021 at 11:47 AM

July 4, 2021 at 11:26 AM

Living faith family Happy 4th of July. Found this and am planning on saying in the morning. Sharing Psalm 139: 23-24 Search me, God, and know my heart; Put me to the test and know my anxious thoughts; 24 And see if there is any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way Please pray for the souls in purgatory and soldiers on duty Ken

July 4, 2021 at 10:39 AM

Why didn't God answer Paul's prayer to take away his thorn in the flesh in 2 Corinthians 12:8, "Three times I begged the Lord about this, that it might leave me!" ?!?!?! *** Because, 2 Corinthians 12:9, "but He (the Lord) said to me (Paul), “(1) My grace is sufficient for you, for (2) (God's) power is made perfect in (Paul's) weakness.” (So) I (Paul) will rather (3) boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me." *** Therefore, 2 Corinthians 12:10, "I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong (in Christ)." *** Am I (Are you) ready for the Lord's power to be displayed in my (your) weaknesses? The Lord said in Ezekiel 2:1-10, "I AM sending you..." (twice), "to a rebellious (obstinate and stubborn) nation (people) that has rebelled against Me..."(thrice), "whether they listen or fail to listen..." (twice), "do not be afraid of them or their words (though briers and thorns and scorpions)" (twice), "You must speak (listen to) My Words to them" (twice), "open your mouth and eat what I give you (a scroll - HIs Words of lament and mourning and woe) (twice)! *** The reality looks like this in Mark 6:4-6, "Jesus said to them (His hometown people), “A prophet is not without honor except in his native place and among his own kin and in his own house.” So He was not able to perform any mighty deed there, apart from curing a few sick people by laying His hands on them. He was amazed at their lack of faith." ******* First and foremost, digest God's Word before anything! Mother Teresa, "People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway. Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway." Amen!

July 4, 2021 at 10:22 AM

Amy! Yes! I’m just like that squirrel and have found more times than not, I’m more resilient and creative than I ever thought I could be! God Bless us all, and all who we Love…especially, America!

Amy Welborn
July 5, 2021 at 09:34 AM

Absolutely! Thanks for your comment!

EM
July 4, 2021 at 12:26 PM

Amen! God Bless America! Prayers for all.

Patrick