grouplicense
grouplicense
June 28, 2021
St. Irenaeus
Lead Me, Lord!
Another of his disciples said to him, “Lord, let me go
first and bury my father.” But Jesus answered him, “Follow me, and let the dead bury their dead.”
Matthew 8:21-22

Sometimes I put off doing good. I might have a strong sense of what the Lord is calling me to, but I tell myself I’ll start next week or after I finish the project in  front of me. Maybe I avoid starting because I know the path will be difficult. After all, discipleship is demanding. Following Jesus can mean giving up an object or activity that brings comfort but leads us into temptation. It can mean giving away something we’d rather keep, biting our tongues when we want to lash out or doing work that others avoid.

When it comes to following Jesus, though, the time to start is always now. Fortunately, the Lord doesn’t  ask us to make the whole journey at once, only to take our next steps in the direction he’s leading us.

Lead me, Lord, and I will follow.

- Karla Manternach

Genesis 18:16-33 • Psalm 103:1-4, 8-11 Matthew 8:18-22

Comments

June 28, 2021 at 03:09 PM

Dear Living Faith Family, Please pray for my dear 95 year old aunt, Mary Magdalene N. who passed away on June 24. She was able to live in her own home until 2 months ago, and died peacefully in her sleep at a local nursing home. She was a retired RN, who spent her entire life taking care of others. Always an inspiration to all of us, especially 4 of her nieces (myself included) who also became nurses! Sad, but thankful that she is at peace with her God now; in his hands and under his care!

Katj
June 28, 2021 at 10:22 PM

God’s blessings on your dear 95 year old aunt who was blessed to be able to live on her own for so long! I love her name :)

Tim
June 28, 2021 at 05:42 PM

Annie, thank you for sharing with us. She will be in our prayers for sure. It sounds like she lived an amazing FULL life. Blessing and comfort to you and your family. May she receive our prayers and see Christs face today, Amen.

Bill L
June 28, 2021 at 03:57 PM

Nurses have always taken great care of me in my few surgeries, Annie. I am sure your Aunt Mary was welcomed with open arms into God's Kingdom for her tireless efforts and compassion. She will be in my Rosary this evening. .....Eleanor, you will also be in my prayers tonight. We both had our shots early on with very little discomfort. But trust in God and stand by your decision either way. He will guide you!

June 28, 2021 at 12:32 PM

June 28, 2021 at 11:16 AM

My prayer today: I bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, I bless Your Holy Name! I Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all Your benefits, Who forgives all my iniquity, Who heals all my diseases, Who redeems my life from the pit, Who crowns me with steadfast love and mercy, Who satisfies me with good so that my youth is renewed like the eagle's. My Lord works righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed. You made known Your ways to Moses, Your acts to the people of Israel. My Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. You will not always chide, nor will You keep Your anger forever. You do not deal with me according to my sins, nor repay me according to my iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is Your steadfast love toward me who fear You; as far as the east is from the west, so far do You remove my transgressions from me. Amen!!! (Psalm 103:1-12)

June 28, 2021 at 10:40 AM

Oh, I am so good at putting off what needs to be done today! Part of my daily prayers include "Lord, thank you for your patience with me" along with prayers for "motivation". A blessed day and continued prayers for all!

Patrick
June 28, 2021 at 02:36 PM

Ditto to that for me also. I thank God for His patience and persistence with me.

June 28, 2021 at 10:09 AM

Living Faith family please pray for my friend Carolann and her son Eric. Today at Mass she stopped me to tell me he just died Tuesday. Living Faith just finished new book by Pope Francis " Let Us Dream" it ends with a poem called Esperanza (Hope). I would like to share ( typed it on my cell phone with small keys and fat fingers) When the storm has passed and the roads are tamed and we are the survivors of a collective shipwreck. With tearful heart and our destiny blessed we will feel joy simply for being alive. And we'll give a hug to the first stranger and praise our good luck that we kept a friend. And then we'll remember all that we lost and finally learn everything we never learned. And we'll envy no one for all of us have suffered and we'll not be idle but more compassionate. We'll value more what belongs to all than what was earned. We'll be more generous and much more committed. We'll understand how fragile it is to be alive. We'll sweat empathy for those still with us and those who are gone. We'll miss the old man who asked for a buck in the market whose name we will never knew who was always at your side. And maybe the poor old man was your God in disguise. But you never asked his name because you never had the time. And all will become a miracle. And all will become a legacy. And we will respect the life, the life we have gained. When the storm passes I ask you Lord, in shame that you return us better, as you once dreamed us. Alexis Valdes "Esperanza" Hope Ken

Katj
June 28, 2021 at 10:27 PM

Thank you for sharing Esperanza, the beautiful and thoughtful poem.

Katj
June 28, 2021 at 10:25 PM

Praying for Eric and Carolann tonight. That Eric has met Jesus and Carolann will be consoled in her grief.

Tim
June 28, 2021 at 05:48 PM

Ken you are amazing, thank you for sharing and prayers for the both of them. May our prayers keep Carolann in peace with Christ hugging her in his arm. May Christ let them experience his full mercy. Ken, may God give you his mercy for your friend and additional strength to support them. We pray, Amen.

Bill L
June 28, 2021 at 04:05 PM

Ken, I will also keep Carolann and her son Eric in my prayers tonight. Our son will show him around up there!

June 28, 2021 at 10:28 AM

Sorry folks that isn't the way it looks on my phone. It is spaced by sentences and separated by paragraphs. Pray for Carolann and Eric. Ken

June 28, 2021 at 09:11 AM

Merciful Loving God we all serve. We are so lucky everyday of our lives to be able to serve such a loving and merciful God. We want to follow his commandments, then we fall into sin, even if we think in our minds it is not much of a sin, it is still a sin. This goes on and on, until that little sin could become a bigger sin. Sound familiar, if so know that we serve a loving and merciful God. Today, come and repent and remember his passion, step by step, the five major points of the passion, while reciting the Mercy Divine Chaplet. Jesus wants us to remember and come to him with open arms and to know you are sorry for your sins and that you wants his mercy. Come to him, he is waiting for each of us today. Come to him, his mercy overflows and endures forever. Follow Me, he says. Dear Jesus please hear the prayers and requests of our Living Faith Family, may they be heard. Please hear our prayers we offer up for those who have no one to pray for them and for the souls in Purgatory, that they may see the face of Christ today in your Heavenly Kingdom., We pray, Amen.

June 28, 2021 at 09:02 AM

Eleanor Pierre Respond to comment
June 28, 2021 at 08:22 AM

Lord lead me.I cannot make up my mind whether or not to take the Covid vaccine.

June 28, 2021 at 11:03 AM

Eleanor, this verse came to mind reading your prayer request to make a decision in 2 Timothy 1:7, "For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." *** There is fear for taking the vaccine risking side effects now and future, and not taking the vaccine risking getting COVID. *** The decision or the question is not so much to take or not take the vaccine, it is to measure the fear for each and calculate the risks for your own comfort/confident level! *** The bottom line is how much do you trust God in His good plan for you whether you make the right or wrong decision? ******* I trust Him totally whether I take the vaccine or not :-) I can tell you that I have taken vaccine (BCG live vaccine for TB) where I shouldn't have and not taking the vaccine (flu vaccine) where others think I should :-) And I am still here serving my Lord and my God year after year :-) I have immediate family members who took the COVID vaccine and other immediately family members who didn't, and I am fine with both (even though I have my own opinion)! Prayer is my protection for myself and my family members who did and didn't, period!!! Can you guess if I have taken the vaccine?:-)?:-)?:-) I can tell you that I worked for Pfizer and Bristol Myers Squibb as the new product development project manager in my career. You will be fine either way, Eleanor! Trust Him to protect you even if (not when) there is a problem in the future either you take it or not :-) Do you trust Him is the question? Love, Salina P.S. I have friends who bully/shame/guilt others to take the vaccine. I also have friends whose bosses ask how much will it take for them to take the vaccine: 2 million dollars. The rationale is the ones who took the vaccine do not need to fear and push others because the vaccine protects them from dying of COVID. And the ones who don't take the vaccine do not need to fear of dying of COVID because the treatment for COVID is much better now and the mortality rate is a cumulative 2 percent since the beginning in 1/2020 in US. https://ourworldindata.org/mortality-risk-covid

Sandy
June 28, 2021 at 10:44 AM

Will pray for you Eleanor in making your decision.

kjc
June 28, 2021 at 10:03 AM

Eleanor Pierre, I agree, let the Lord through the Holy Spirit guide you. Ken

Christine
June 28, 2021 at 09:28 AM

I will send up a prayer for you, Eleanor, that the Lord may show you his will.

June 28, 2021 at 08:19 AM

Amen! Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly, pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts - by the power of God - Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

Shelley Gorenz
June 28, 2021 at 10:00 AM

the vaccine will save thousands of lives. take it

Christine
June 28, 2021 at 09:27 AM

I will send up a prayer for you, Eleanor, that the Lord may show you his will.

June 28, 2021 at 08:13 AM

Amen :). Lord please lead me please and give me strength to make that next step. Wonderful devotion. Blessings for the LFF

June 28, 2021 at 07:57 AM

Amen..

June 28, 2021 at 07:05 AM

Lord, lead me in Your ways. Amen!