grouplicense
grouplicense
June 27, 2021
Thirteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Miracle Moment
The girl, a child of twelve, arose immediately and
walked around… He gave strict orders that no one
should know this and said that she should be given
something to eat.
Mark 5:42-43

Jairus approaches Jesus with the desperation and intensity of any parent whose child has hovered near  death. Slowed by the large crowd and by a woman’s need for healing, Jesus is delayed in departing and  hears the news no parent is prepared to accept: “Your daughter is dead.”

Undaunted, Jesus insists on seeing the deceased young girl. He ushers Jairus and his wife into the child’s room, restores their daughter to life and then thoughtfully asks for a meal to be brought to her. In the moments following her rising, Jesus suspects she may be hungry. May our hearts today be moved with  the same compassion for needs both large and small.

- Sr. Chris Koellhoffer, IHM

Wisdom 1:13-15; 2:23-24 • Psalm 30:2, 4-6, 11-13 2 Corinthians 8:7, 9, 13-15 • Mark 5:21-43

Comments

June 27, 2021 at 01:45 PM

“Great Faith”. We heard many examples this week to prepare us for today’s Gospel. Pam as a cancer survivor as well, thank you for sharing your story again with us, I cannot tell you how moved I am, and the strength you give to me. There was a lot of anxiety that immediately presents itself, and thinking what can I do, or what do I need to do, rather than, stop and realize, I am totally not in control and I cannot do this by myself. Listen to doctors, check, then my wife reminded me who was in charge. Listen to your doctors, but immediately go to God in prayer for guidance and comfort. Human nature is to feel we need to look for answers ourselves, what to do next, but we are totally not in control, he is and he will extend his mercy to us, but we need to be willing to come to him. Have great faith. Amen. Dear Jesus please hear our prayers for the souls lost in Florida, welcome them home to your kingdom and show your unlimited mercy to their families. Please prayer for our Living Faith Family, for all of those who have no one to pray for them and for all of the souls in Purgatory, that they may be reunited with you in your kingdom, we pray, Ame.

June 27, 2021 at 11:33 AM

Here is the miracle of all times in 2 Timothy 1:10, "Our Savior Jesus Christ destroyed death and brought life to light through the Gospel!" *** No matter what dire circumstances we and others find ourselves and themselves in (even in the midst of Miami building collapse locating survivors), there is the Good News of Jesus Christ :-):-):-) *** Why and how and when did God do that? 2 Timothy 1:8c-9, "by the power of God, Who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of His own purpose and grace, which He gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began!" *** Jesus allowed a woman suffered for 12 years to be healed and a 12 years old girl died and raised her back to life. How many other women who suffered for 12 years and never got healed? How many other 12 years old girls died and were never raised to life? Do you want to know why God did/does what He did/does? My go-to verse is in Deuteronomy 29:29, "The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the Words of this law." ******* This lesson points once again to God's absolute sovereignty and His goodness and faithfulness even in the midst of human tragedies!!! "Forty-five years after the accident that left Joni Eareckson Tada paralyzed, God has still not healed her. Her perspective is one of great faith: “God may remove your suffering, and that will be great cause for praise. But if not, He will use it, He will use anything and everything that stands in the way of His fellowship with you. So let God mold you and make you, transform you from glory to glory. That’s the deeper healing” https://www.gty.org/library/sermons-library/TM13-2/a-deeper-healing-joni-eareckson-tada * 1 John 5:14-15, "And this is the confidence that we have toward Him, that if we ask anything according to His will he hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of Him." * John 15:7, "If you abide in Me (Jesus), and (How?) My Words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you." * Philippians 4:6-7, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Amen!!! *** Jesus by Chris Tomlin https://youtu.be/cEbQswNB6Wc

June 27, 2021 at 10:55 AM

June 27, 2021 at 10:10 AM

Living faith family I am so sad about the building disaster in Florida. I believe that the people who perished are with the Lord or waiting in purgatory. I want to communicate those thoughts to those family members . I would like to be able to hug them and try to bring peace to them. Money is not the answer . I am too old to drive there. The holy spirit tells us to pray. I am going to pray the scriptural rosary this morning Please pray for the victims and their families. Ken

T W
June 27, 2021 at 12:59 PM

Yes! I live in Florida, but not near that area. My Prayers are also with the Families for Comfort, Peace and Hope! There's still time for Miracles to take place! God is still able!

June 27, 2021 at 09:48 AM

June 27, 2021 at 08:52 AM

Reflecting on today’s Gospel, sparks my memory of the days and weeks when diagnosed with breast cancer. My fear, anxiety and profound disbelief that this was happening to “me” was overwhelming. I bought everything that had Lavender in it to soothe me. New Age music to relax me. Started a macrobiotic diet. Until one day I read the story of the woman in today’s Gospel, and understood. I put myself in her place and gave my fear, anxiety and disbelief to Our Lord…I found tremendous Peace, His Peace. I thank Him for this day, now 26 years later and still so ever thankful and embraced by His Peace. Amen!

EM
June 27, 2021 at 05:31 PM

Thank you for sharing Pam. Very inspiring and comforting. Prayers for you and all.

Patrick
June 27, 2021 at 12:24 PM

Wonderful testimony Pam, Miracles are with us always.

June 27, 2021 at 09:56 AM

Pam thanks for sharing your thoughts. Living faith family please pray for my friend Christine and her mother Stephanie and dad Tony. Katj you are a real prayer warrior on the prayer requests site. Living faith family please keep the souls who have no one to pray for them and the souls in purgatory in your prayers. Ken

Holly
June 27, 2021 at 09:47 AM

Thanks for sharing your testimony. It's very uplifting! May God continue to bless you!

Katj
June 27, 2021 at 09:44 AM

I enjoyed reading your comment Pam! Thank you for sharing your uplifting story!

June 27, 2021 at 08:15 AM