grouplicense
grouplicense
June 25, 2021
God Still Reigns
Abraham prostrated himself and laughed as he said to
himself, “Can a child be born to a man who is a hundred
years old? Can Sarah give birth at ninety?”
Genesis 17:17

Have you experienced a moment like this with God? When something lines up or shows up for you that  is so impossibly good that your response is laughter? Unmitigated delight, gratitude, wonder?

In these moments, we know that we know. There is no way we could have orchestrated or optimized anything this good. It’s beyond comprehension, beyond  our capacity to envision or construct. It’s boundless in potential, reach, realm. It destroys all construct of fear or limitation. It feels like awe. Like love. Like power.

When humans don’t know how to respond, we typically laugh or cry—and in the highest of moments, we  usually do both at the same time.

Miracles are still in effect, still happening, still offered to us. It’s time to be open to the potential. Prepare to be overjoyed.

- Kristin Armstrong

Genesis 17:1, 9-10, 15-22 • Psalm 128:1-5 Matthew 8:1-4

Comments

June 25, 2021 at 10:02 AM

This is good reminder to thank God in the good times as well when we are going through challenges. We need to make God a part of our life 24/7. Put God First. Spend some quality time with him alone, in adoration, a quiet place in your home, or any where you will be able to har him in the silence of your heart. In the today's first reading we see that nothing is impossible for God and that he wants us to follow his commandments. In today's Gospel, we see an example of Great Faith. Today, spend some time with Jesus, remembering his passion while seeking his divine mercy. He wants us to come to him and know that he loves us so much and has unlimited amount of divine mercy for each of us. Dear Jesus hear our prayers of our Living Faith Family, for those who have no one to pray for them and for all of the souls in Purgatory that await your Heavenly Kingdom, we pray, Amen

June 25, 2021 at 09:21 AM

God (not still) reigns, period!!! His sovereignty covers ordinary times, advent, Christmas , lent and Easter! That is 365(6) days a year, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 60 minutes an hour, 60 seconds a minute! His sovereignty covers when I am asleep, arise, happy, sad, angry, etc! His sovereignty covers big and small and uneventful things! *** Most of all, His sovereignty brings about His plan for His people! Matthew 8:17 is the fulfillment of Isaiah 53:4!!! *** So when God promised Abraham that his descendants would be like stars in the sky and sand on the seashore, so it was, is and will be!!! Now Abraham had to wait for 25 years for the promised son, Isaac, and what he and Sarah did with Hagar resulting in Ishmael was not in God's promise, but God blessed Ishmael because Abraham pleaded for him... *** My lesson is God's plan cannot be thwarted no matter what my decisions or choices or mistakes were, are or will be! ******* Thank God for He is God :-) and I am not :-) His plan was, is and will be fulfilled no matter what people (His or otherwise) decide or choose rightly or wrongly! To God be the glory for I reap the results of God's goodness and faithfulness, period! Amen :-) I don't have to look far or wait for His sovereignty for He works ALL the time, I just have to pay attention to all small and big things. He is not just the God of yesteryears, but yesterday and just now! My daughter, Jessi, and I had a God day Wednesday: Went to Apple store to buy and trade in a Mac; got a parking near the store; the greeter took her name and made an appointment for the next day; looked at what she might want to get and a salesman asked if he could answer any question when his appointment did not show up; long story short...she bought what she wanted and thinking we had to take another appointment for data transfer, wipe-clean trade-in and the trade-in itself, but all was done in an hours time because God had all the right people showing up at His timing :-) The only thing was we came back the next day to pick up the new computer with the data already transferred -) *** To You, our God, be the glory as Jessi completed her Air Force Officer Training School and now a Second Lieutenant. She will be starting medical school this August at University of Tennessee in Memphis! I praise You, Lord Jesus, as You guide her, protect her and favor her in her journey to know You, to love You, to glorify You and to make You Known! Amen :-) *** God You Reign by Lincoln Brewster https://youtu.be/a2QWu8lp4BI *** Ready today to see Your sovereignty on display, my Lord and my God, Jesus :-)

Brett
June 25, 2021 at 10:10 AM

Thank You, enjoyed your thoughts of prayer of thankfulness and time alone with Him. 9:11 comes twice a day am/pm. It’s a number of urgent importance, and so is our time to speak, reflect, and listen to our Lord as a daily reminder of what is truly important to Him and feed the inner light of our spirit. BV

June 25, 2021 at 08:34 AM

God winks !! the best! and all we can do is smile and be grateful. God is good all the time

June 25, 2021 at 08:33 AM

Amen! Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for today's Gospel. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts - by the power of God - Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeding the ruin of souls. Amen

June 25, 2021 at 08:27 AM

Amen. :)

June 25, 2021 at 08:21 AM

Even in the hardest of times I try to recall those moments of help and kindness from God. Then I realize how human I really am. May Gods blessings be with us everyday!

June 25, 2021 at 08:08 AM

Ditto from me also for the devotional and the comments so far. There came a time when the "coincidences" just couldn't be explained as such any longer. I now call them Godincidences and I give a thumbs up, or look to Heaven with a smile or a wink as naturally as I would to a friend.

June 25, 2021 at 07:56 AM

Amen. Ditto everyone’s comments! I also get moved with emotion when I reflect on the moments of God’s intervention in my life that can’t be explained. I’ve even been blessed a few times to smell the scent of roses when praying to our blessed mother. Prayers for all!

June 25, 2021 at 07:37 AM

Amen! Thank you so much for this reflection. I have indeed experienced moments in my life when you can only understand that it is the hand of God (miracles indeed!!!) not blind luck. I am swept away with many tears. Greetings to the LFF :)

June 25, 2021 at 05:34 AM

Yes, God continues to orchestrate such amazing opportunities, small and great, when you least expect it. Yes, then you know and smile with acknowledgement ????????