grouplicense
grouplicense
June 23, 2021
Hold Fast to Truth
Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s
clothing, but underneath are ravenous wolves.
Matthew 7:15

Often, false prophets are easy to spot—you know, the televangelists who promise salvation is only a monthly pledge away, or feel-good pop psychologists who tell us that all that stands between us and happiness is losing twenty pounds or removing our wrinkles. We look at the people with easy fixes and excuses and back away; we’re not naïve enough to buy what they’re selling. We’re smarter than that.

But the more dangerous false prophets are more difficult to spot. They whisper in our ear that we’re wise  enough that we don’t need God to rule our lives—or  that we are so sinful we couldn’t possibly be loved by God. Slowly but surely, they want to devour our souls.  But they can’t do it without our consent. May we hold  fast to the Truth, regardless of how beguiling the lies may seem.

Come, Holy Spirit. Fill my heart with Truth and light.

- Melanie Rigney

Genesis 15:1-12, 17-18 • Psalm 105:1-4, 6-9 Matthew 7:15-20

Comments

June 23, 2021 at 12:51 PM

Tim June 23, 2021 at 12:50 PM Salina, thank you so much. This is great I was able to share the diary with my wife. I will keep reading the hardcopy, because I write a lot of notes in my copy. Also thank you, because it has led me to the website, which has noon online adoration and at 3PM the actual online Divine Mercy Chaplet from her convent, where the Divine Mercy painting is located and the remains of St. Faustina is buried. Thank you so much, for today my Lord has truly blessed his servant. Amen

June 23, 2021 at 05:21 PM

:-)

June 23, 2021 at 10:25 AM

Very inspiring and comforting devotion, Melanie! Knowing it can be our own inner false prophet that keeps us from bearing much fruit is so true. I pray Lord, for your grace to not listen to it. May everyone have a blessed day!

Patrick
June 23, 2021 at 11:41 AM

Very wise words Sandy, it is far better to examine our motivations before we act to discern if they are in accord with The Lords will, this is far better than having to examine our conscience before confessing to words or deeds motivated by ego.

June 23, 2021 at 10:20 AM

June 23, 2021 at 10:17 AM

Great news living faith family I have just heard that my friend Bob wife Joyce has had a successful treatment and does not have to return until September. Thanks for prayers. Ken

EM
June 23, 2021 at 06:21 PM

Amen! Great news Ken.

T W
June 23, 2021 at 02:56 PM

Praise God for Another Victory in Jesus Name!

June 23, 2021 at 09:52 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be don right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray, and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts - by the power of Go - Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

June 23, 2021 at 09:22 AM

God’s covenant with Abraham was his reward for his faithfulness. Look deep within, do we process this same strong faith as Abraham. Abraham by his actions, showed God that he was all in, that his faith and obedience was not optional. We sometimes lose or put our faith off to the side when times are good with us, but when the storms come, we run back to the Lord for shelter. Let us be strong and firm on our commitment to our faith 24/7, during the good times and bad times. When on our journey, be aware of the actions of others, you will be able to see their true soul by their actions or as Jesus mentioned in today’s Gospel their fruit. We cannot be fooled, a bad tree cannot bear good fruit nor can a good tree bear bad fruit. It is not in their nature, their soul. If one is good you will be able to tell by their good deeds and actions. How they love one another or do they talk behind each other’s backs, or go with the flow when others make fun on something. To me a sinner wanting to be a better disciple, it is pretty easy to see, maybe because I am a sinner who wants to be free of sin. I am not trying to say that I am better than my neighbor, just the opposite. I try everyday to be a better version of myself and some days I fall short, but I get back up and try to do better tomorrow. This is a journey we are on and the Lord Jesus, wants to walk by our side, every step of the way. Today, please spend some time with the Lord and remember his passion for each of our sins, and know that his infinite mercy is their for each of us so that we may always produce the good fruit. Dear Jesus, please hear our prayers for this Living Faith Family, for all of the souls who have no one to pray for them and for the souls in Purgatory, that today they may be reunited with Christ in the Heavenly Kingdom of God, we pray, Amen.

June 23, 2021 at 08:48 AM

Sometimes false prophets are within our own church. Watch what they do, not just listen to what they say. There are many good priests and bishops, but we need to be on our guard so that we are not fooled. It breaks my heart that so many Catholics do not believe in the real presence in the Holy Eucharist. How can this be? This is central to our faith and who we are! Priests and bishops need to talk about this constantly, not just now and then. Dear Lord, please help renew our church.

AZ Nanny of 4
June 23, 2021 at 03:23 PM

Also, our Priests and Bishops need to speak about protecting the unborn and speak against abortion. Too many Catholics need to be reminded that it IS a child not just tissue.

June 23, 2021 at 08:47 AM

Indeed, Melanie, "But the more dangerous false prophets are more difficult to spot!" How do I hold fast to the truth? *** Where or who does the falsehood come from? The same satan from temptation in the garden of Adam and Eve to the temptation in the desert of Jesus...How did he do that? The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life (http://www.jeremiahstudybible.com/Luke/resisting-satan/) The same strategy is being used by satan over and over again even now! *** How do I compact falsehood? Love God with all my heart, soul and mind! (Matthew 22:37) Know God and know God's Word is how I compact falsehood :-) *** How do I hold fast to the truth? * Deuteronomy 10:20, "You shall fear the Lord your God. You shall serve Him and hold fast to Him, and by His Name you shall swear." * 1 Thessalonians 5:21-22, "but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good. Stay away from every kind of evil." * Hebrews 10:23, "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful." ******* I give thanks to the LORD, I invoke His name; I make known among the nations His deeds. I sing to Him, I sing His praise, I proclaim all His wondrous deeds. The Lord remembers His covenant for ever. Amen! (Psalm 105:1-2) BELIEVE: Get Your Mind Right by Dr David Jeremiah https://youtu.be/BOrxFfEBSYA (skip the opening and start watching at 3:05)

June 23, 2021 at 08:32 AM

Great reflection! (Love the photo too!)

Patrick
June 23, 2021 at 09:41 AM

A great devotional Melanie and great comments Salina and Azmom. The more subtle and cunning ones are hard to spot. It takes time and patience and trust in the Lord that he is in charge. A time comes when you know them by their fruits, and the evidence is irrefutable. Then comes the challenge what to do about it. A head on challenge is usually met with equal resisting force. Wait on the Lord until you know He has strengthened you and given you the right attitude to approach what is coming. The person or people whose behaviour you will challenge are human beings who have been deceived and become self arrogant and deluded. We must see them as Jesus does, souls to be saved, try to remember "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:12. With the corrected approach and guided and protected by The Holy Spirit we may proceed to action. We are only responsible for our own behaviour, others are responsible for theirs.

June 23, 2021 at 08:20 AM