June 10, 2021
Light Up Every Corner
For God who said, Let light shine out of darkness, has
shone in our hearts to bring to light the knowledge of the
glory of God on the face of Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 4:6

My son was happy to get his first credit card. He’s  financially responsible to the point of miserliness, so  I wasn’t concerned about him misusing it. But after  a few months, he observed, reflecting on that magic  period that falls between spending on the card and  actually paying the bill, “I don’t like credit cards. They  make me think I have more money than I really do.”

His words prompted me to consider in what parts of  my own life I might be allowing delusion and pretense  to rule. Are there areas in which I brush over situations  by insisting “It doesn’t really matter,” or “I’ll take care  of it tomorrow. I have the rest of my life to set things  straight” instead of letting God’s light shine on every  corner of my life—today?

Lord, shed your light of truth in my heart.

- Amy Welborn

2 Corinthians 3:15—4:1, 3-6 • Psalm 85:9-14 Matthew 5:20-26

Comments

June 10, 2021 at 07:43 PM

Donna, I have just replied to your response in yesterday devotion :-)

June 10, 2021 at 10:14 AM

Amen! Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O prince of the Heavenly Hosts- by the power of God - Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

June 10, 2021 at 09:41 AM

*** 2 Corinthians 4:6, "For God who said, Let light shine out of darkness," *** Where? "has shone in our hearts" *** What? "to bring to light the knowledge of the glory of God " *** Whom? "on the face of Jesus Christ." *** Our HEART conditions in the light of the Gospel - (1) VEILED in 2 Corinthians 4:3b-4a, "it is veiled for those who are perishing, in whose case the god of this age has blinded the minds of the unbelievers," (2) UNVEILED in 2 Corinthians 3:16-17, "whenever a person turns to the Lord the veil is removed. Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." *** The knowledge of the glory of God in 2 Corinthians 3:18, "All of us, gazing with unveiled face on the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, as from the Lord Who is the Spirit." *** The face of Jesus Christ in 2 Corinthians 4:4b, "see the light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ, Who is the image of God." ******* My conclusion in 2 Corinthians 4:5, "For we do not preach ourselves but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your slaves for the sake of Jesus." Yes, Lord Jesus! I do not preach in my own flesh, but You as my Lord in the power of the Holy Spirit and I as Your slave to others in the light of the Gospel, in the knowledge of the glory of God and in the image of Christ! Amen!!!

June 10, 2021 at 09:00 AM

In the darkness we may stumble, but in the light it will show all of the imperfections of the darkness. Jesus calls us to conversion, to turn away from evil to good. He give us a clear example how to complete this task. Forgive one another and love one another. he uses the word “brother”, but I like to think of everyone in the world is my brother in Christ. When I forgive someone, it is an act of hope. Through this forgiveness, I have place hope in their path. With this hope in their life that their hearts will meet our Lord and will transform them and their lives. “Put God First” I have always said it will be transformative. Hope is very powerful. Jesus says to love and forgive the ones who hurt us, who are against us, that love and forgiveness will prevail, good over evil. With hope and faith in our hearts we can have total conversion of the heart, passing from evil to good This will make our Lord very happy along with accepting his mercy as we remember his passion. Dear Jesus, please hear the prayers of our Living Faith Family, for all of those who have no one o pray for them and for all of the souls in Purgatory, that they will see the face of Christ. May we too see the face of Christ in others as we stumble out of darkness into the light, we pray, Amen.

June 10, 2021 at 08:23 AM

June 10, 2021 at 08:15 AM

Amen :)

June 10, 2021 at 08:13 AM

Thank you for sharing this story! Just like with credit cards, when the time comes to pay it in full or make things straight, will I have enough? Will I have additional stress? Will I learn to take care of things in the moment rather than waiting for the last possible minute.

June 10, 2021 at 08:06 AM

This little light of mine...I’m gonna let it shine!

Patrick