May 9, 2021
Sixth Sunday of Easter
Gaining Perspective
Then Peter proceeded to speak and said, “In truth, I see
that God shows no partiality.”
Acts 10:34

One of the most marvelous sites of many at Yellowstone National Park is the Grand Prismatic Spring. It’s  a huge depression in the ground in which hot water  and chemicals from deep below mix, and there it is: a  glorious multicolored prism, shimmering with shades  of blue, green, pink and more.

Seeing it from ground level offers one view. But to  get the full impact, you must take a vigorous hike uphill. The fruit of that challenging journey? A gorgeous,  more complete perspective.  Peter had no trouble believing that Jesus was Lord  and Messiah—for his own people. In time, God took

Peter to a higher place. He showed him, through  visions and personal encounters, a greater truth—and  Peter did the hard work of setting aside his prejudices  and expectations and followed where the Lord led.

The fruit? A new perspective, a clearer and broader  one that beheld the beauty of God’s love—for all.

Lord, may I always be open to your truth.

- Amy Welborn

Acts 10:25-26, 34-35, 44-48 • Psalm 98:1-4 1 John 4:7-10 • John 15:9-17

Comments

May 9, 2021 at 02:48 PM

My brother posted an image of "MOM is the reflection of WOW!" I love it! I am thinking more on both sides of 'WOW! Both in the sense of amazement and disappointments!?!?!? :-)

May 9, 2021 at 01:25 PM

So God choose us via Jesus. And Jesus will meet us where we are. And is our friend. This blows my mind. yeah! I often get discouraged when I realize my mistakes as a mom and fellow traveler on this journey we are on. Then I think "well I tried my best" Mya Angelou said "Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better" I love that quote.

May 9, 2021 at 01:00 PM

Happy and Blessed Heavenly Mother's Day Mom, Grandma G & Grandma P. Happy Mother's Day to the Mothers of my Grandchildren; Laurie, Jacque & MaryPat. Thank you for taking such good care of them. May God Bless you, and all of our Living Faith Mothers today. Amen!

May 9, 2021 at 12:22 PM

May 9, 2021 at 12:13 PM

Where is this place of new perspective of God and how does one get there? ***John 15:9-10, "Jesus said to His disciples: “As the Father loves Me, so I also love you. Remain in my love. If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and remain in His love!" ***Acts 10:44, "While Peter was still speaking these things, the Holy Spirit fell upon all who were listening to the Word!" ***Acts 2:38-39, "Peter replied, “Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. This promise is to you, to your children, and to those far away—all who have been called by the Lord our God.” *******Amen (Reborn) by for KING & COUNTRY [feat. Lecrae & The WRLDFMS Tony Williams] https://youtu.be/cf6XR_AsjEs

May 9, 2021 at 11:55 AM

I just love God how He is so real, so personal and so wise to me :-) My husband and I were driving home to TN yesterday after staying in PA for a week trying to pack up and sell this manufactured home we have! I listened to a podcast by Dr. Sean McDowell: Critical Race Theory: Can Christians Agree to Disagree? (Conversation with Samuel Sey) https://youtu.be/0nnKB4MoTUM ***I asked God, "What is 'partiality' Samuel Sey was talking about in the Bible? Show me..." ***And here it is in the reading today in Acts 10:34-35, "Then Peter proceeded to speak and said, “In truth, I see that God shows no partiality. Rather, in every nation whoever fears Him and acts uprightly is acceptable to Him.” ***Voddie Baucham, Faultlines, Chapters 5-6: https://files.constantcontact.com/240e825d001/d6e559f8-0e63-47ca-94c4-9f4871e88aeb.pdf

May 9, 2021 at 10:36 AM

Amen

May 9, 2021 at 10:36 AM

Happy and Blessed Mother's Day to all the women who ever make mistakes (like me :-), make possible adoptions, give births, or do the best you can to provide love, care and/or support to a child! To God be the Glory :-) Proverbs 31:25-26, "She is clothed IN STRENGTH AND DINITY, and she laughs WITHOUT FEAR OF THE FUTURE. When she speaks, HER WORDS ARE WISE, and she gives INSTRUCTIONS WITH KINDNESS!"

May 9, 2021 at 10:00 AM

Came across this thought I would pass it along. It's short but powerful. Pocket Prayer Father you are good. I need help. Heal me and forgive me. They need help. Thank you. In Jesus name I pray.

May 9, 2021 at 09:26 AM

Happy Mother’s Day Mom!! It is almost 2 years now that you went to be with Jesus. I miss you so much, but I’m so happy that you are where you are! I know you are alive and that you have a life where you are, it is different from the life you had here with all of us, but your life right now is So much more! You now Experience perfect joy And that is something we all long for! What a gift, what an absolutely wonderful gift! We will be together again soon! My love to you now and always! You are an excellent mother, you fulfilled your vocation and now you experience perfect joy! You give me strength to journey through this life so that one day we will be together again and nothing will ever separate us again! May God be praised! Your loving daughter, Jo

May 9, 2021 at 09:56 AM

Jeff Robert and Jo, what beautiful feelings about your mothers. I too miss my mother and grandmothers but they have been with the Lord for over 40 years. Mostly I miss the mother of my children. This is the second mother's day that Kathy my wife and bestfriend has been gone. Living faith family please pray that I have the strength to encourage and work with my family during their time of sadness. Living faith family please pray for the people of the Feedmore family that really need some one to pray and care for them. Souls in purgatory are in my prayers morning and night. Ken

May 9, 2021 at 08:51 AM

Happy Mothers Day Mom... Thank You for ALL the things you have given me and to our family. The greatest of these being " LOVE " You taught us well by example and we honor you for it. Thank You for the gift of Faith and the Love of Jesus.

May 9, 2021 at 08:19 AM

“God Is Love” All who come to the Lord are welcomed. The gift of the Holy Spirit was among the Apostles and all who gathered, were baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. “God Is Love”, God’s commandment for each of us is to love one another as he has loved us. Forgive, as he has forgiven us. God sent his one and only son, so that we might be able to have eternal life. These are all actions of his pure JOY and Love for us. I fully desire this pure JOY in my life. I surrender sin to you my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, that I may experience your pure Joy and love into my heart. May I also share this joy and love with others as you have commanded us. Jesus says, remain in my love. If you keep my commandments you remain in my love. I have told you this today that you may believe and may experience this pure JOY and Love. As Jesus told the women at the well, if you knew who it was offering you this Living Water, you would say please do not stop, give me this water so that I may have eternal life. Today, Jesus is offering us this Living Water, a chance to leave our sins behind and experience his true Joy and Love in our lives. Come and see, we are the chosen, who believe. “God Is Love”. Prayers for our Living Faith Family, for those who have no one to pray for them and for all of the souls in Purgatory that they may see the face of Christ. Amen.

May 9, 2021 at 07:29 AM

Happy Mothers day Mom! I miss you. I realize how much trouble I was but thru your love I was able to ask God for help and completely change my life. Jennifer is a mom now, I wish you and dad were here to see my grand children. Karen is doing well, she was the only girl I went with that you liked. We've been married for 20 years now and are very much in love with each other. I treat her with the same respect that I watched dad treat you. I miss you and your warm kitchen with home made noodles and different food being made from scratch. Christmas has never been the same since you and dad went on.. Love you..

Katj
May 9, 2021 at 08:30 AM

Your mom must be smiling upon this beautiful letter you have written her :)

Tim
May 9, 2021 at 07:37 AM

Jeff, you summed up today’s reading and I am sure I speak for all of the Living Faith Family when I say, a Sincere Thank You for share this heart felt Love Story with each of us this morning. May your mom and dad rest in his peace in their Heavenly Kingdom, we pray, Amen.

May 9, 2021 at 07:20 AM

Blessings to all Mother's both living and deceased.

EM
May 9, 2021 at 08:05 AM

Amen. Thank you for sharing this beautiful love letter to your mom. Prayers for all today for a happy Mother’s Day filled with memories past and present. Happy Mother’s Day especially to our Blessed Mother Mary.

May 9, 2021 at 07:08 AM

Happy Mother’s Day to my mom and mother in law in heaven. Miss you both very much lonely without you. Till we meet again, all my love.

May 9, 2021 at 06:40 AM

Happy Mother's Day, Mom. I know you're spending it in Heaven.

Sham Peter Narine Respond to comment
May 9, 2021 at 01:39 AM

Happy Mother's Day. Thanks Amy for today's devotion. Jesus came to draw all people to himself in loving friendship, without distinction or discrimination. ‘When I am lifted up, I will draw all people to myself’, he said. The Lord is drawing us all into his loving friendship. What he asks is that we allow ourselves to be drawn, or in the language of the gospel reading, that we remain in his love, that we remain in this gravitational pull towards the Lord who is love. Father Martin. Prayer for all the living faith family members.  Have a blessed day everyone.

Maggi
May 9, 2021 at 12:59 PM

Just using quotes will clear up any questions. Thank you for sharing these thoughts with us.

May 9, 2021 at 11:30 AM

Bob that is the second time you have admonished Sham/PeterNarine. She is not saying that what she writes is her creation. Thanks for searching down where the statements come from. It would be helpful if you told us how to find them. I know you are a child of God and I will pray for you right now. Ken

Bob
May 9, 2021 at 10:30 AM

Sham you should give credit to Fr. Martin Hogan for the quotes you have taken from his homily web site.

Ian