Living Faith - Bayard Faith Resources
Living Faith - Bayard Faith Resources
May 3, 2021
Sts. Philip and James
Greater Works
…whoever believes in me will do the works that I do,
and will do greater ones than these, because I am going
to the Father.
John 14:12

Jesus spoke confidently of our ability to continue the  work he started and accomplish more than we can  imagine. When we work for justice, protect the innocent, help the poor, shelter the homeless and love those  on the margins, we bring glory to God the Father as  Jesus did. In our smallest actions, in un-newsworthy  situations, with even our quiet voices, Jesus reaches  the hearts of those in need.

Our confidence rests in faith alone, which calls us to  place God’s will before our own.

- Deborah Meister

1 Corinthians 15:1-8 • Psalm 19:2-5 John 14:6-14

Comments

May 3, 2021 at 10:57 AM

Jesus, please guide me to do work that is your work.

May 3, 2021 at 09:44 AM

May 3, 2021 at 09:33 AM

“Do we know the risen Christ” in our own lives or are we like Phillip in today’s Gospel message. Do we believe that the son and Father are one. Jesus says, if you know me then you know the Father, because the Father is in me. The Father created all and lives in each of us. If we believe in the Son, the Christ then we should understand that the Son comes from the Father to do his will. Does your faith help convince you, or what do you need to be convinced. Lastly, Jesus invites each of us to have a personal relationship with him, not just believe and go on our ways. I ask each of you here as part of this Living Faith Family, “Put God First” in your own lives and seek a complete, satisfying full prayer life with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. If you do not already have a personal relationship with him, it is never too late to begin today. “Do we know the risen Christ”. Dear Jesus, please hear the prayer requests brought to you today from our Living Faith Family, please hear our prayers for our neighbors, friends and loved ones, who have no one to pray for them, and please hear the prayers for all of the souls in Purgatory, that they may see the face of the risen Christ in Heaven, we pray, Amen.

May 3, 2021 at 08:34 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for today's Gospel. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves)_. Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts - by the power of God - Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeding the ruin of souls. Amen

May 3, 2021 at 10:45 AM

A sinner, we can scramble their airwaves by doing good things to the least of our people. Living faith family this weekend I watched a national news program on inspiring people. One famous chef went to disaster areas and feed the people . Another gathered food from farmers that was going to waste and distributed it to the people who were in need. Finally the teachers who made a difference to their students ( in my experience all teachers make a difference) Great show and I felt good watching. Please pray for the souls in purgatory and the essential workers and their families and the living people who have no one to pray for them I am not a robot?? Ken

May 3, 2021 at 08:15 AM

Amen..

May 3, 2021 at 08:13 AM

May 3, 2021 at 07:14 AM

Jesus placed his faith in those of us who believe in Him and the one who sent Him. I place my faith is His trust in us and believe the "little" I do to serve others is part of the plan. Thank you Deborah