Living Faith - Bayard Faith Resources
Living Faith - Bayard Faith Resources
May 1, 2021
St. Joseph the Worker
A Powerful Intercessor
I have made you a light to the Gentiles…
Acts 13:47

I always thought of St. Joseph as a “kindly old man.” When I needed a saint, I went to the likes of Padre Pio, John Vianney or Catherine of Siena. I never thought of St. Joseph as a particularly powerful intercessor.

I was wrong. Recently, I was praying the Litany of St. Joseph and discovered that one of his titles is “terror of demons.” He is noted as being effective in protecting us from evil. I started to hear stories of people’s prayers to St. Joseph being answered in striking ways. Clearly, I underestimated this great saint.

It only makes sense. God chose him to protect the Son. He was married to the Mother of God. Now, he is very close to the Divine throne and has Mary’s and Jesus’ ear.

Have you ever asked for help from St. Joseph? If you do, you might be surprised at the graces obtained by this “kindly old man.”

St. Joseph, Head of the Holy Family, pray for us

- Msgr. Stephen Rossetti

Acts 13:44-52 • Psalm 98:1-4 John 14:7-1

Comments

May 1, 2021 at 12:41 PM

May 1, 2021 at 11:12 AM

Many believe that St. Joseph was a young man. There is no comment in scripture regarding his age. There are several stories in scripture that logically lead to the conclusion that he is a young man, for example. How could an old man walk from Bethlehem to Egypt to flee from Herod. I recommend reading the book: Consecration to St. Joseph: The Wonders of Our Spiritual Father.

May 1, 2021 at 09:31 AM

Dear Saint Joseph, you cared, raised and always protected our Lord Jesus Christ, today, please come into our lives by the power of the Holy Spirit, be our protector from the wickedness of this world. May we too be protectors of our families and follow your examples we pray, Amen. In today’s readings, we continue to see the power of the NEW church in action, let us keep the momentum going and share his message to our friends, communities and beyond, Dear Jesus thank you for coming into our lives and giving us more than we would ever need, teach us to be like you and share with others, treat others as we would want to be treated and mostly never forget to Love each other, we pray, Amen. Dear Jesus please hear the prayers of our Living Faith Family, for those who have no one to pray for them and for all of the souls in Purgatory, so they will see the face of Christ in Heaven, we pray, Amen.

May 1, 2021 at 08:31 AM

I asked St.Joseph to pray for my son,because I thought he needed a father's prayer. I have been amazed and grateful for his prayers. My son has turned back to the Lord and praises God for the many blessings in his life. Of course, I had to let go and let God. Thank you for acknowledging St. Joseph.

Christine
May 1, 2021 at 09:50 AM

Dorothy-wow! What wonderful testimony. Thank you, St Joseph!

Tim
May 1, 2021 at 09:32 AM

“Praise Him”. Dorothy, this is such great news. Thank you for sharing with all of us here. Amen.

May 1, 2021 at 08:27 AM

May 1, 2021 at 08:25 AM

St. Joseph the Worker please intercede for my husband and me as we seek employment.

May 1, 2021 at 07:27 AM

Saint Joseph please intercede for all those suffering from addiction including those who are no longer here with us, especially Al and his son Jeremy who recently lost their earthly battle.

May 1, 2021 at 08:59 AM

Elise I will pray for Al and Jeremy right now Dorothy I am happy for you and your son. Joseph is my middle name Kjc. Living faith family please pray for the souls in purgatory and the essential workers and their families. Today is the 25th anniversary of our pastor ordination. Celebrate after Mass this afternoon. We have a beautiful day. Ken

May 1, 2021 at 07:07 AM

Blessed Saint Joseph, please lift me to the Lord and ask for my healing. I trust. I believe. I love.

May 1, 2021 at 06:48 AM

Amen..

ANNETTE MARIE PASQUARELLA Respond to comment
May 1, 2021 at 06:32 AM

a God follower Respond to comment
May 1, 2021 at 03:07 AM

Saint Joseph, pray for us, in Jesus name. Amen.

Patrick
May 1, 2021 at 12:37 PM

St. Joseph is the one I prayed to during my dark night of the soul. I wasn't disappointed. Amen