Living Faith - Bayard Faith Resources
Living Faith - Bayard Faith Resources
April 30, 2021
St. Pius V
He Is With Us
Do not let your hearts be troubled.
John 14:1

So often in the last year, our hearts have been troubled. We continue to grieve our former lives. We are saddened by the loss of civility in our nation, by the loss of jobs and the loss of loved ones. So much has changed so quickly in fundamental ways that have affected us all.

Yet Jesus assures us he is with us. He has not changed; he has never left us. We can count on him. His loving words to his disciples and to us are so full of tenderness and compassion, we cannot help but be comforted by them. In faith, we step out to embrace our changed lives, following his way, his truth and the new resurrected life he holds out to us. Whenever you feel confused, anxious or full of dismay, hear him speaking these words to you.

As the many parts of the Body of Christ here on earth, let us reassure one another with that same benevolence, that same steadfast love.

- Jennifer Christ

Acts 13:26-33 • Psalm 2:6-11 John 14:1-6

Comments

April 30, 2021 at 04:55 PM

Very thought filled devotions today everyone. Jennifer, you are correct about the world changing. But the One constant is Jesus! He has not changed. He is still the Way, the Truth and the Life. You are all in my rosary this evening and prayers for those in need.

April 30, 2021 at 10:26 AM

I read the Living Faith scripture readings, reflections on the readings, and comments every day. Through the Holy Spirit, the writers and those commenting provide a clearer understanding of God’s word for me. Thank you God for everyone who participates in the LFF every day. I am nourished and enriched.

Patrick
April 30, 2021 at 02:26 PM

I believe the essence of Christian living is to encourage each other. It can be as simple as a word of kindness or motivation. We all need a helping hand from time to time, Living Faith provides a great opportunity to do this. I am grateful for all the times I have been encouraged by visiting this site and I thank you all.

April 30, 2021 at 09:28 AM

Have Faith and Believe. Our continuing message throughout this entire week. Today, we continue to see Paul's extreme passion for sharing the message of Jesus Christ to everyone he can, while he is on his missionary journey. Let us take note and when the opportunity presents itself, share Jesus's message with others. Jesus reminds us that he and his Father have prepared a place for us in their Heavenly Kingdom. Dear Jesus let my hears and my eyes be open, so that I may proclaim your everlasting message with all whom I meet. Dear Jesus, please hear our prayers for this Living Faith Family, for all of those who have no one to pray for them, and lastly for all of the souls in Purgatory, who will see the face of Christ today, we pray, Amen.

April 30, 2021 at 09:16 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snare of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts- by the power of God- Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeding the ruin of souls. Amen

April 30, 2021 at 08:33 AM

April 30, 2021 at 08:27 AM

April 30, 2021 at 08:23 AM

Thank you Jennifer for these words. Jesus says these words, "Do not let your hearts be troubled." 2x in the entire chapter 14 of John. People have fears of all kinds of creatures great and small. Fear is very real and sometimes part of everyday life. When using this passage, I have been changing it a bit, "Do not let your hearts be troubled, trust in God, allow our hearts to be strengthened, filled with courage... then I usually add allow our hearts to be comforted by the One who teaches us the way, speaks words of truth in love and gives us new life because of the resurrection. Peace be to the entire living faith community.