Living Faith - Bayard Faith Resources
Living Faith - Bayard Faith Resources
April 26, 2021
A Voice Over the Din
…and the sheep follow him, because they recognize his voice.
John 10:4

I laid flat as a medical technician fastened straps and prepped me for an hour-long test. She slid me into the confined space of the MRI machine and left the room. The foundation beneath me shook. Bangs and clangs reverberated in my covered ears. Then barely audible above the clanging, my husband, in his constant familiar voice reading inspirational stories from beside the machine, led me through despite the incessant noise. Recognizing his voice over that din reminded me of our Good Shepherd’s voice and how his sheep listen for him.

Today, I, too, need to strive to hear and recognize Jesus’ voice above the daily clamor. Even in this noisy, sometimes unsettling world, our Lord is that constant familiar voice of the Shepherd calling—calling us to recognize and follow. It is he who leads us through the cacophony.

Lord, please help us to always recognize your voice and follow where you lead.

- Kathleen Swartz McQuaig

Acts 11:1-18 • Psalms 42:2-3; 43:3-4 John 10:1-10

Comments

April 26, 2021 at 11:02 AM

April 26, 2021 at 09:58 AM

***How did Peter recognize the voice of God? Three times God had to speak to Peter in Acts 11:9-10a, "But a second time a voice from heaven answered, ‘What God has made clean, you are not to call profane.’ This happened three times" ***How do I recognize the voice of my Good Shepherd? Jesus is the Gate, the Gatekeeper and the Good Shepherd in John 10:7, 2-3a, "So Jesus said again, “Amen, amen, I say to you, I AM the gate for the sheep... But whoever enters through the Gate is the Shepherd of the sheep. The Gatekeeper opens it for Him, and the sheep hear His voice," ***So what happens when I recognize the voice of my Good Shepherd and when I don't? John 10:9-10, "Whoever enters through Me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture. A thief comes only to steal and slaughter and destroy; I came so that they might have life and have it more abundantly." *******Only with the power and the guidance of the Holy Spirit in reading Scrpture consistently that I can recognize the voice of my Good Shepherd, Jesus :-) Otherwise, I would be just like the Pharisees in Acts 11:6, "Jesus used this figure of speech, the Pharisees did not realize what He was trying to tell them!" ***The Good Shepherd by Fernando Ortega https://youtu.be/5lpMma_eHHQ ***With the power and the guidance of Your Holy Spirit, I recognize Your voice in Your Word, Jesus! I will not follow a stranger or the voices of the world. I will run away from them, because I do not recognize the voices of strangers and of the world. Only Yours, my Good Shepherd! Amen :-)

April 26, 2021 at 09:12 AM

No matter what the world throws at us today, rest assure that God has our back. He will help leads us back to what is right and just. He is the Good Shepherd, may we quiet our lives enough to hear his voice. "Put God First" will helps us. Leave our old lives in the past and follow Jesus's examples for our lives. Jesus said that we must enter through the Narrow Gate, not take short cuts, by climbing over fences, going around Jesus, to get what the world is offering. But rather follow Jesus's ways. Do we hear our Good Shepherd calling us today? Jesus is holding open our gate for each of us. Leave our old ways and listen to his voice, where he is leading us. Jesus wants us to come to him, "Put God First". Hear his voice, before the world's distractions take over our lives and get in our way of us hearing our Good Shepherd's voice. Dear Jesus, please hear the prayers of our Living Faith Family, for all those who have no one to pray for them and for all of the souls in Purgatory, that they may see the face of Christ in Heaven, we pray, Amen.

April 26, 2021 at 08:26 AM

Amen! Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts-by the power of God- Cast into hell Satan and all evil sprits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

April 26, 2021 at 08:23 AM

Continuing to offer prayer for Paul and his surgery today.

Bill L
April 26, 2021 at 05:21 PM

Praying that Paul's surgery went well today. And for your friend Chris, Ken. Praying, also, for the rest of the Living Faith family.

April 26, 2021 at 10:58 AM

Living faith family Sunday I remembered a time from my past. It was in the early 1980s I was at a curisllo retreat at Mount savior monastery in elmira ny. We had time to pray and reflect and I went for a walk through the fields, when all of sudden I spotted a flock of sheep in the middle was a brother tending them they would drift away and he would call them and they listened and came back. Wow what an amazing experience. I was too far away to hear if he was calling them by name but he got them to respond. That's my story and I am sticking to it. Please pray for my friend Chris who is an only child and lost his mother Lorraine last week Ken

April 26, 2021 at 08:09 AM

Greyson Lusignan Respond to comment
April 26, 2021 at 08:09 AM

Wazzam Mr. Gatti

Eleanor Pierre Respond to comment
April 26, 2021 at 07:44 AM

Lord let me listen hear your voice and follow your instructions. Amen!!!

Patrick
April 26, 2021 at 08:01 AM

Be still and know that I am God. Thank you Kathleen

Sham Peter Narine Respond to comment
April 26, 2021 at 07:43 AM

Thanks Kathleen for today's devotion. Recognizing the voice of God is indeed possible. There are many general truths that God has already spoken to us. God speaks to us through gentle inspirations that result in his peace. For example, when considering a certain decision you may need to make, if you present that decision to our Lord prayerfully and then remain open to whatever he wants of you, oftentimes his answer comes in the form of a deep and certain peace of heart. Prayer for all the living faith family members. Have a blessed day everyone.

Bob
April 26, 2021 at 11:10 AM

from Catholic Daily Reflections https://tinyurl.com/hprtbsmy

April 26, 2021 at 07:38 AM

Lord, help me listen for your voice in this very noisy world, Amen.

April 26, 2021 at 06:41 AM

Nicely put Kathleen. God Bless You and all the Living Faith family.