Living Faith - Bayard Faith Resources
Living Faith - Bayard Faith Resources
April 21, 2021
St. Anselm
All Things Are Possible
Saul, meanwhile, was trying to destroy the church; entering house after house and dragging out men and women, he handed them over for imprisonment.
Acts 8:3

Saul had been present at the stoning of Stephen, where witnesses to Stephen’s martyrdom seemed to indicate Saul’s approval of the stoning because they laid their cloaks “at the feet of a young man named Saul.” Perhaps he was so vehement in his persecution of the Way because he perceived it as a threat to his deeply held doctrinal beliefs. Perhaps he was afraid that the disciples’ deep passion for the message of Jesus far outmatched his own convictions.

What we do know for certain is that Saul later had a conversion of heart and became one of our faith’s most passionate disciples. What a consolation to all of us to know that cooperation with God’s grace can at any time transform any heart, including our own.

- Sr. Chris Koellhoffer, IHM

Acts 8:1b-8 • Psalm 66:1-7 John 6:35-40

Comments

April 21, 2021 at 06:38 PM

What is eternl life? * 1-John 6:40, "For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have eternal life, and I shall raise him on the last day." * 2-John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." * 3-John 3:36a, "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life," *4-John 17:3, "Now this is eternal life: that they know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, Whom You have sent." * 5-Romans 6:23b, "the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." * 6-1 Timothy 6:12b, "Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession (believe in Jesus Christ) in the presence of many witnesses." * 7-1 John 5:11, "And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son." *** To me eternal life is to believe in Jesus, to know Jesus, to love Jesus, to enjoy Jesus and to glorify Jesus in all that I think, I do and I do!!! My eternal life started when I first believed...I am living my eternal life right now right at this moment because I am in Christ :-) When it doesn't feel like I am living my etenal life is when I am not in Christ as in He is invisible to me. When I see Jesus and believe in Him, my eternal life lives on!!! *******Do You Know the Source of Eternal Life https://youtu.be/CXG3ESoSTy8

April 21, 2021 at 04:27 PM

April 21, 2021 at 04:08 PM

Esther
April 21, 2021 at 04:10 PM

Dear LF family! Amen! I have faith that Our Lord will change my son! Praying always and waiting on our Lord with Whom all things are possible!

April 21, 2021 at 10:59 AM

As I struggle with decisions on my way to contribute, I pray for guidance.

April 21, 2021 at 10:08 AM

Amen. Our Lord can change any heart and through Him, all things are possible!

April 21, 2021 at 08:01 AM

Our promise, of our one true faith, is that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him, may have eternal life and I shall rise him up on the last day, Alleluia. Jesus reminds each of us today of his Father’s promise. The early church is continuing to grow, right before our eyes. They have put to death Stephen and the church continues to grow. Stephen is the first of many that will give up their own lives for the church. Today, let us look at our own lives are we following Jesus or the world. Jesus came to give us a chance for eternal life, let us not waste a single minute. Let us live life given to us by God to the fullest, but we need to come to him first in our day. “Put God First”, he will transform our lives. He nor Stephen or the many other martyrs gave their own lives just to have the church fall by the wayside. His church, our church is alive and well. Come, all things are possible with God in our lives. Dear Jesus, hear the prayers of our Living faith Family, for those who have not one to pray for, hear their prayers and for each of the souls in Purgatory, that today they may see the face of Christ we pray, Amen.

April 21, 2021 at 07:51 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts - by the power of God - Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirts, who prowl about the world seeding the ruin of souls. Amen

April 21, 2021 at 07:02 AM

You emphasize Paul's threat to the church and miss the other more meaningful parts in the scripture.

Maggi
April 21, 2021 at 10:57 AM

What message do you think was missed? There are so many messages in each reading.

Sham Peter Narine Respond to comment
April 21, 2021 at 06:05 AM

Thanks Sr. Chris for today's devotion. As we stand or kneel before our Lord, present in the Most Holy Eucharist, it’s easy to become distracted. It’s easy to allow our minds to wander to the many other aspects of our daily lives and to fail to see the eternal Son of God as he is present to us. It must be noted "like the rest of the world, we pursue the pleasures of life. Indeed, few would be willing to suffer for their faith, particularly when their career or business is affected. We put business, politics, power, money and success before God. Very few would sacrifice their family, their worldly achievements and popularity for the love of Christ"Prayer for all the living faith family members. Have a blessed day everyone.

a God follower Respond to comment
April 21, 2021 at 03:01 AM

Yesterday and today’s readings are so meaningfully apropos for these day(s) in 2021. Thank you Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, and devotionalists for bringing them to light. Let them be light especially for those of us who need(ed) to see most. Yesterday I was perplexed but today I feel blessed and by Living Faith families comments as well. Thank you.