Living Faith - Bayard Faith Resources
Living Faith - Bayard Faith Resources
April 16, 2021
Asking in Faith
Jesus said, “Have the people recline.”
John 6:10

Relax…and let God meet you at your point of need. We might not be in a situation where we have to feed five thousand people with only five loaves and two fish. We might not be in the position of the apostles being ordered to stop preaching and teaching in the name of Jesus…or else. Yet we have all been in situations that seemed hopeless, uncertain, difficult or even impossible to see the light and a way through. What would it be like to ask God to help us see abundance and opportunity in every situation instead of scarcity or roadblocks? What would it feel like to ask God, with courage, to multiply our coins, our faith and our hope? Could we then recline on the grass of our lives and let God work

God, please make use of the little we bring.

- Vivian Amu

Acts 5:34-42 • Psalm 27:1, 4, 13-14 John 6:1-15

Comments

April 16, 2021 at 03:32 PM

Vivian, thank you for your inspiring and refreshing devotion. * Jesus, please help me to Relax…and let God meet me at my point of need. Help me to pray with courage, for you to multiply my funds and cash resources, my faith and my hope . Lord, please make use of the little I have to offer. God Bless everyone.

April 16, 2021 at 01:58 PM

Thank you the encouraging message for today

April 16, 2021 at 11:46 AM

I try to meet people where they are, and to think of letting God meet me where I am is mind boggling! Pray then recline and trust. Thanks for today's devotion. Right on!

April 16, 2021 at 10:22 AM

April 16, 2021 at 09:21 AM

***First reading - The Jewish religious leaders were jealous and indignant of Jesus and killed Him with the help of the Romans. After Jesus' ascension and the coming of the Holy Spirit, Peter and disciples were preaching in the synagogue and healing people. Once again the Jewish leaders were jealous and put them in jail but God let them out. And once again they preached the Word of God. Then the religious leaders wanted to kill them as they did with Jesus! Can anyone (government) or anything (COVID-19) stop or kill the Word of God? The answer is absolutely NOT :-) Listen to the wisdom of God coming through the mouth of a Pharisee named Gamaliel in Acts 5:36-39, "(Theudas and Judas the Galilean have come and gone - Salina's words)...So now I (Gamaliel) tell you, have nothing to do with these men, and let them go. For if this endeavor or this activity is of human origin, it will destroy itself. But if it comes from God, you will not be able to destroy them; you may even find yourselves fighting against God.” I don't even think Gamaliel knew he was telling God's truth, but God :-) ***Salina's takeaway - time to get back to church and stop fearing!!! Why did Peter and the disciples keep going back to church and preached in the midst of imprisonment and death threats? I went to a non-catholic church on Easter Sunday 8:30am service, there were at least 500 people worshiping God without masks on! What a glorious time :-) And they had 3 more services after that! ***Gospel reading - Jesus performed yet another miracle and He knew the hearts of the people following Him in John 6:14-15, "When the people saw the sign he had done, they said, “This is truly the Prophet, the one who is to come into the world.” Since Jesus knew that they were going to come and carry Him off to make Him king, He withdrew again to the mountain alone." Why did the people want to make Jesus king? They wanted to make Jesus king to drive out the ruling of Romans who taxed and oppressed them! Did they think Jesus was their Savior promised long ago? May be?!?!?! But they had their own ideas what their Savior should do for them (nothing spiritual that I can tell)...to take them out of their difficult situation and environment by driving out the Romans! ***Salina's takeaway - Do I try to make Jesus king so He can fix whatever problem I have on hand at this time? Is Jesus my Savior (from my sins) and my Lord (of my everyday decisions)? Or is Jesus just my savior (from my situation) and my lord (whenever I feel like His way is my way)? Do I ask for spiritual things of Jesus? ***Psalm 27, 4, 13-14, "One thing I ask of the LORD this I seek: To dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, that I may gaze on the loveliness of the LORD and contemplate His temple. I believe that I shall see the bounty of the LORD in the land of the living. (I) wait for the LORD with courage; (I will) be stouthearted, and (I) wait for the LORD." ***Romans 14:8, "If (I) live, (I) live for the Lord; and if (I) die, (I) die for the Lord. So, whether (I) live or die, (I) belong to the Lord." Amen! ***Better Is One Day by Kutless https://youtu.be/jdE03zRJtxw

April 16, 2021 at 08:55 AM

Today's first reading from the Acts of the Apostles tells us how it is, plain and simple. If some sort of teaching or following is just from man and not God, it will not last and will fall by the wayside. However if what is preached comes from God it will last forever, this is how we are to know its origin. Lastly, if it is from God and you continue to fight against it, you will be fighting against God. There a lot of self serving prophets in the world, just stick to what you know best and what is shared with us in the word of God. This reading from the Acts of the Apostles is a great reminder and I thought was very powerful this morning to reflect on 5:34-42. The last part of this message is key, the were flogged, but although they suffered, the did not stop teaching the word of God, they kept proclaiming his word. In today's Gospel we see Jesus performing his miracle of the fish and the loaves. The people saw and believed, blessed are we who have not seen, but believe. Let us continue to listen to him, using his word as our road map of life, arriving at our final destination is our goal, eternal life with our Savior Jesus Christ. Dear Jesus, please hear our prayers for our Living Faith Family, for those who have no one to pray for them, and for all of the should in Purgatory, that today they may see the face of Christ in Heaven, we pray, Amen.

April 16, 2021 at 08:55 AM

Relax in a world that is in an uproar. But this is what many need to do right now. Relax and let God. I pray ever day this world comes back to God. Pray people

Gayle
April 16, 2021 at 10:07 AM

Pray we must!

April 16, 2021 at 08:51 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snare of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts - by the power of God - Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirts, who prowl about the world seeding the ruin of souls. Amen

April 16, 2021 at 08:07 AM

April 16, 2021 at 07:59 AM

Thank you Vivian for your wonderful insight. Amen!

April 16, 2021 at 07:25 AM

Just what I needed to read today. Thank you for your reflection and blessings to all. Amen

Sham Peter Narine Respond to comment
April 16, 2021 at 06:56 AM

Thanks Vivian for today's devotion. He walked on the sea to meet his disciples who were caught in the storm. With Jesus, we will arrive safely at our destination. This is why, in the face of trials and struggles against a hostile secularism and an amoral world, we must hold fast in faith to the Lord who is with us. Prayer for all the living faith family members. Have a blessed day everyone.

Bob
April 16, 2021 at 10:17 AM

Quote from Archbishop William Goh: "He walked on the sea to meet His disciples who were caught in the storm. With Jesus, we will arrive safely at our destination. This is why, in the face of trials and struggles against a hostile secularism and an amoral world, we must hold fast in faith to the Lord who is with us."

A God follower Respond to comment
April 16, 2021 at 05:43 AM

Welcome, a fresh new voice speaking Jesus to weary souls. Thank you Vivian for this new wine so simple, rich, and sweet with sustenance.

April 16, 2021 at 12:16 PM

Diane Oboyle I will pray for you right now and you might take 4 or 5 deep breaths and ask "holy spirit guide my mind and control my thoughts ". It works for me to get centered and relaxed. Ken

Diane O'Boyle
April 16, 2021 at 06:17 AM

Thank you so much for your insight of this beautiful scripture. I am facing three medical issues right now, and really needed this.