Living Faith - Bayard Faith Resources
Living Faith - Bayard Faith Resources
April 15, 2021
Only One Agenda
The one who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of earthly things. But the one who comes from heaven is above all.
John 3:31

Experts. We see and hear them everywhere, telling us where to invest our retirement funds, what to wear, where to vacation this summer, what to eat, who to vote for. What makes them experts? Sometimes, it’s hard to tell! But often, it’s years of work experience or analysis. They’re not always lying to us, but they do have an agenda, whether it’s getting ratings or followers or likes and shares.

Jesus has only one agenda: loving and serving God. We may get a little itchy and uncomfortable about some of the ways he advises us to do that, like humbling ourselves and casting aside a love of possessions in favor of sharing with our brothers and sisters in need. Despite how we may feel about it, we never have to wonder about the basis for Jesus’ advice to us. It’s heaven-sent.

Jesus, help me to open my mind, heart and soul to your divine message.

- Melanie Rigney

Acts 5:27-33 • Psalm 34:2, 9, 17-20 John 3:31-36

Comments

Margaret A Shadroui Respond to comment
April 15, 2021 at 05:39 PM

May my heart and mind and spirit be able to hear all messages from above.

April 15, 2021 at 03:33 PM

Melanie, thank you - "Jesus has only one agenda: loving and serving God". We can always trust Jesus’ advice to us because It comes from heaven, from God His Father. It's Better for us to obey God than men! The Holy Spirit is not rationed, but given lavishly to those that obey God. Holy Spirit, open my heart and soul to Jesus' agenda and help me to obey His Devine message. God bless everyone.

April 15, 2021 at 11:25 AM

What comes from above is everlasting. What a blessing it is to believe in Jesus Christ the son of the Father. As we hear in the Gospel today, the Son of Man comes from the Father to the will of the Father and returns to the right hand of the Father in Heaven. Because we believe in the Son, we too will have an opportunity to rise on the last day to our eternal paradise in Heaven. We know if we disobey the Son and the Father, we will have to endure the wrath of the Father. Let us take hold today of our sinful life and throw it into the fire and live as a new child of God, because all that is good comes from above and from the Father, our Heavenly Father. Dear Jesus have mercy on me and the Living Faith Family gather here today, may you hear our prayers we offer up to you this day. Please continue to hear our prayers for those who have no one to pray for them and for all of the souls in Purgatory, that today they may see the face of the Son in Heaven, we pray, Amen.

April 15, 2021 at 10:09 AM

April 15, 2021 at 09:32 AM

What have I seen and whom have I believed from above? Apostles Creed, "I believe in God, the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended to the dead. On the third day He rose again. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen." ***Whom I believe - Jesus Christ in John 3:33, 36, "Whoever does accept His (Jesus) testimony certifies that God is trustworthy...Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever disobeys the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains upon him." ***How to believe in Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit from above in Acts 5:29, 31-32, "But Peter and the Apostles said in reply, “We must obey God rather than men...God exalted Him (Jesus) at His right hand as leader and savior to grant Israel (and all who confess) repentance and forgiveness of sins. We are witnesses of these things, as is the Holy Spirit Whom God has given to those who obey Him." ***Why I believe Jesus Christ is from above in Acts 5:38b-39a, "For if this endeavor or this activity is of human origin, it will destroy itself. But if it comes from God, you will not be able to destroy them; you may even find yourselves fighting against God." ***John 3:31a, "The One (Jesus) Who comes from above is above all!" ***Luke 2:30-31, "I have seen Your Salvation, which You have prepared for all people!" ***Job 42:5, "I had only heard about You before, but now I have seen You with my own eyes!" ***Psalm 34:2, 9, "I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall be ever in my mouth. Taste and see how good the LORD is; blessed the man (or the woman, Salina) who takes refuge in Him." Amen :-)

April 15, 2021 at 08:15 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts, by the power of God - cast into hell Satan and all evil spirts, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

Misty
April 15, 2021 at 09:40 AM

Amen ????

April 15, 2021 at 08:06 AM

April 15, 2021 at 06:29 AM

April 15, 2021 at 03:41 AM

Amidst the many voices competing for our attention there is one whose constancy has remained steadfast throughout the ages. Taste and see that the Lord is good. We can put our trust in the word of God. Thank you Melanie

annie