Living Faith - Bayard Faith Resources
Living Faith - Bayard Faith Resources
April 12, 2021
Spirit Wind
The wind blows where it wills, and you can hear the sound it makes, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes; so it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.
John 3:8

Humbly, Nicodemus asks Jesus about the kingdom of God. Jesus responds with poetic images and double meanings like the mystery of the blowing wind. To understand, we need to see with eyes of faith, which Nicodemus does not yet have and so remains confused. The wind cannot be seen except by the movement it produces in everything it touches. Jesus tells us the Holy Spirit moves like the wind, unseen. We may be unaware of how God is working in our lives, changing our hearts. Often the effects of the unseen Spirit surprise us. The kingdom is filled with everyone born of the Spirit, changed by the Spirit. The Holy Spirit is at work, unseen like the wind, building the kingdom of God on earth as in heaven.

- Deborah Meister

Acts 4:23-31 • Psalm 2:1-9 John 3:1-8

Comments

April 13, 2021 at 01:36 AM

Today my husband and I celebrate 17 years of marriage. I truly thank the Lord for his many blessings he has given to us especially our two lovely children, family,friends and the list goes on. I pray to God for many more years of grace, happiness and togetherness and for all others who celebrate anniversaries today. May you be truly blessed...Amen

April 12, 2021 at 10:24 AM

Jo! What a wonderful way to witness your Baptism by remembering and celebrating your special Anniversary Day! Your joy comes through your words! God Bless you and all who you love!

April 12, 2021 at 09:33 AM

April 12, 2021 at 09:23 AM

April 12, 2021 at 09:08 AM

Happy Anniversary to you Jo!

April 12, 2021 at 09:07 AM

We will not be silenced when speaking of Jesus Christ. The Apostles were bold enough to make this claim, but are we today in our own lives. I look at myself and say, at one time I was not, I was shy, reserved. Since God answered my prayers and extended to me, through the power of the Holy Spirit an additional wisdom, knowledge and understanding, I am better prepared today than yesterday to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ. I am a firm believer that this is possible if we do our part. "Put Him First" and open up his word and enter into prayer with him. By the power of the Holy Spirit your strength and confidence will begin to grow and make you better prepared to not be silenced, but with boldness, proclaim the word of Jesus Christ with confidence. Dear Jesus, please hear the prayers of our Living Faith Family, and for those who have no one to pray for them and for all of the souls in Purgatory, that they will see the face of Christ today in Heaven, we pray, Amen.

Mary
April 12, 2021 at 09:58 AM

Amen, Tim so very true!

April 12, 2021 at 08:51 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen Holy Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humble pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts - by the power of God - Cast into hell Satan and all evil sprits, who prowl about the world seeding the ruin of souls. Amen

April 12, 2021 at 08:01 AM

Today is the anniversary of my holy baptism, the moment that made me a child of God, this holy moment changed my life forever! I have thanked the Lord every day of my life for the moment of my holy baptism which has given me the graces I need and faith I need to carry on through this life knowing that I am meant for heaven and to become a saint— as is the will of God for every baptized soul! Baptism is a tremendous gift to each one of us and I think we take it for granted or don’t think about it at all! In our baptism we have all of the graces we need to fulfill the will of God in our lives and to become the saint that He willed for us to become from All Eternity! Have a beautiful and holy day trusting in the mercy of God and in the grace of God to Whom nothing is impossible!

CC
April 12, 2021 at 10:31 AM

At my previous parish the priest would tell the families to light their child’s baptismal candle and celebrate every year on the anniversary of the baptism. Always thought that was a great idea.

Linda
April 12, 2021 at 08:32 AM

Happy Anniversary! And baptism makes us one in spirit, all part of the body of Christ! How wonderful!

Stormy