Living Faith - Bayard Faith Resources
Living Faith - Bayard Faith Resources
April 11, 2021
Second Sunday of Easter (Divine Mercy Sunday)
The Preciousness of Today
This is the day the Lord has made; let us be glad and rejoice in it.
Psalm 118:24

When I began to write this reflection, I paused to think about this God-given gift of today. I treasure this day, right now, as a unique blessing for me to appreciate, use well and be glad. What is more precious than a single day of earthly life? I picked up my smartphone and asked how many days have I lived since my birth? Google replied 31,047. Wow! Really? Yes. Every one of those days were given to me by the Lord to use in whatever way I would choose. In gratitude for this day, I resolve to be more attentive and grateful for each future day to love and praise God and give loving kindness to others. Psalm 118, verse 24 will continue to be an integral part of my morning prayer. May we all welcome the gift of each new day to be glad and rejoice in it.

- Fr. James McKarns

Acts 4:32-35 • Psalm 118:2-4, 13-15, 22-24 1 John 5:1-6 • John 20:19-31

Comments

April 11, 2021 at 06:45 PM

Sonia, I too would like for you to know you are in our prayers. I could never know what you are going through, but I am a prayer warrior fo you. Jesus is by his side now, our faith of belief tells us so. Amen

April 11, 2021 at 05:38 PM

When I have lost a loved one it causes me to stop. After the sadness comes the rejoicing of having been blessed with that person! Then I think of what I have and realize how fragile and precious life is. Bitter sweet. Give thanks and pray for the strength to embrace it all with grace. One foot in front of the other.

April 11, 2021 at 11:53 AM

April 11, 2021 at 11:53 AM

Blessed Divine Mercy Sunday to all Living Faith Family. “Blessed are we who have not seen but believe”. Are we doubters still, or have we finally come to know that we need to follow his commandments. We must know by now that his love for us is unlimited full of mercy. How are we going to celebrate Divine Mercy Sunday? How wonderful it would be if everyone took part of their day and set it aside and pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet, God our Father would be so happy. It is very accessible via YouTube, very powerful. May God come into your hearts and begin to transform you to show Mercy for one another. Dear Jesus, hear the prayers of your Living Faith Family, for those who do not have anyone to pray for them and lastly for all of the souls in Purgatory, may they see the face of Jesus today in Heaven, we pray, Amen.

April 11, 2021 at 10:19 AM

The other morning I was trying to be "quiet" so I could be open to God, and the day. Some days are more quiet than others for me! I was thinking of all the people who so needed prayers, and the words "the best is yet to come" came into my mind. I started thinking about that and realized the "best" is Heaven! Sonia, I know your heart is broken and I am praying for you and James, but James has truly come to realize the very "BEST"! God bless James and all who love him.

April 11, 2021 at 09:11 AM

Amen. Thank you Fr James for this reminder how precious each day is. God’s mercy is new every day. I pray that we all feel God’s grace today with his mercy and love and rejoice in those blessings. Sonia may your son Rest In Peace. Prayers for all.

April 11, 2021 at 07:25 AM

Happy Birthday to my son in heaven, his first 35th birthday in heaven.....I list my son January 18th 2021 at 6:16pm. I miss you more them words could ever express. Rest In Peace my Angel!! Happy Birthday ???????????????????? My James ❤️????

Bill L
April 11, 2021 at 04:12 PM

Dedicating tonight's rosary to you and your son, Sonia.

Mike E
April 11, 2021 at 12:58 PM

Sonia, happy 35th birthday to your Son James, and may his Rest In Peace on this Divine Mercy Sunday.

AZ Nanny of 4
April 11, 2021 at 10:45 AM

Sonia, this is one of the hardest things you will ever face. My Christopher was taken to heaven 25 years ago at the age of 17 1/2. Not a day goes by without thinking of him. Turn to our Lord. He will help you live again with this pain. Trust in God’s love. Blessings

April 11, 2021 at 10:42 AM

Sonia, I’m so sorry for the loss of your precious son, James! Guess Who is at James’ Birthday party? Psalm 116:1-9, “ I love the Lord, for He heard my voice; He heard my cry for mercy. Because He turned his ear to me, I will call on Him as long as I live. The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came over me; I was overcome by distress and sorrow. Then I called on the Name of the Lord: “ Lord , save me! ” The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion. The Lord protects the unwary; when I was brought low, He saved me. Return to your rest, my soul, for the Lord has been good to you. For you, Lord, have delivered me from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before the Lord in the land of the living.”

April 11, 2021 at 10:08 AM

Sonia I will pray for you and your son James. I know that he's looking down at you from heaven. I also want to enjoy today the day the Lord has made. Praying right now. Ken

Katj
April 11, 2021 at 09:56 AM

God Bless your son Sonia! No doubt he’s celebrating!

azmom
April 11, 2021 at 08:50 AM

Sonja he’s in an unbelievable place of joy, peace, and beauty. You can rest assured God is taking good care of him. God bless.