Catholic Bible Press
Catholic Bible Press
April 8, 2021
Thursday within the Octave of Easter
The God-Man
…he stood in their midst and said to them, “Peace be
with you.” But they were startled and terrified…
Luke 24:36-37

After his death, the resurrected Lord Jesus appears to the apostles, but they think they are seeing a ghost. Jesus calms them and asks for some food.

Jesus was incarnated into a human body, and that same human body rose from the dead. It’s no wonder the apostles are constantly confused by a God in human flesh. The God-man in a glorified body is nothing they have seen before. We, too, are constantly reconciling our expectations of what and who God should be.

Everything that we hope for in Christian life is present in the resurrected body of Christ. There is no way to understand the Scriptures except through Jesus. There is no way to love except through Jesus. And yet Jesus can be so hard to pin down, to fully explain.

We pray together that we may recognize him in the breaking of the bread.

- Elizabeth Duffy

Acts 3:11-26 • Psalm 8:2, 5-9 Luke 24:35-48

Comments

April 8, 2021 at 04:25 PM

I wonder if this spiritual implication bothers you being a Catholic in the next four years? What can we do but to sit back and relax, at least one in two Catholics who voted for this administration will? Psaki dodges question about Equality Act's implications for Catholics: 'Difference of opinion' EWTN White House Correspondent Owen Jensen asked Psaki about the Equality Act's implications for religious Americans, specifically Catholics, during a White House Press Briefing Tuesday. https://www.christianpost.com/news/psaki-dodges-question-on-how-equality-act-could-hurt-catholics.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=855206&refcd=855206&utm_source=RevelantResources&seid=

April 9, 2021 at 07:55 AM

I appreciate you, Ken!!! I do know that you are concerned about divisions and political arguments. You prefer peace and harmony. I understand! I wish I can do what pleases men, but I can't! I am not my own! I am here to serve my Lord God and no one else. Yes, I want to win hearts for Him but not temporarily but forever for those He has called. John 12:49...For I did not speak on my own, but the Father (actually the Holy Spirit) Who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken!

April 8, 2021 at 10:51 PM

We are all children of God. Salina l love your comment and what you ar e doing with bible study groups. Please please be careful with politics they're a complicated area. Nevertheless I am praying for you and yours right now Ken

April 8, 2021 at 04:34 PM

Is God favoring this country with a Catholic president? "In fact, the SPLC branded the Ruth Institute — a small Catholic nonprofit dedicated to helping the victims of the Sexual Revolution — a “hate group” because the Ruth Institute cited the Catechism of the Catholic Church on homosexuality." https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2021/04/06/dems-endorse-anti-christian-splc-report-its-time-we-extinguish-all-bigoted-beliefs-n1437818?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=855206&refcd=855206&utm_source=RevelantResources&seid=

April 8, 2021 at 04:13 PM

When Peter and John seemingly cured this cripple from birth, people were amazed at Peter and John going after them...Pay attention to what Peter said in Acts 3:12, "When Peter saw this, he addressed the people, “You children of Israel, why are you amazed at this, and why do you look so intently at us as if we had made him walk by our own power or piety?" ***How about you? Are you amazed at Peter and John if you were there? Will you follow them expecting them to heal you as well? ***Do you know why must our Redeemer be truly God? In the Old Testament, the required sacrifice for sins had to be without defects and without blemish! They had to repeat the sacrifices over and over again because their sacrifices could not take away their sins. Hebrews 10:1-4, "The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can NEVER, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. Otherwise, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. But those sacrifices (penace) are an annual (weekly) reminder of sins. It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. ***What does it mean? Hebrews 10:8-10, "First He (Jesus) said, “Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings You (God) did not desire, nor were You pleased with them”—though they were offered in accordance with the law. Then He (Jesus) said, “Here I AM, I have come to do Your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." ***So now when I read Jesus said, "Peace be with you, Salina!" gives me a complete different meaning more than peace of circumstance and peace of mind, but peace of my soul and forgiveness of my sins :-) ***1 Peter 1:18-19, "For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect!" ***Galatians 4:4-5, "But when the set time had fully come, God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship!" ***2 Corinthians 5:21, "God made Him who had no sin (perfect) to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God!" *******I am redeemed! Jesus is the only perfect man Who is also God, my Redeemer! There is no perfect human born under the law who can be the Redeemer but God the Son, Jesus!!! Amen!!!

April 8, 2021 at 10:50 AM

LF family asking for your healing prayers for our cousins grandson, baby Niko. He has severe heart failure not responding to medication. The next steps are a heart assist device then a heart transplant. Pray for his mom and dad and the medical team treating him.

annie
April 8, 2021 at 12:38 PM

Prayers for Baby Niko, and for our living Faith Family!

Mike E
April 8, 2021 at 12:16 PM

Praying for baby Niko and the doctors caring for him.

April 8, 2021 at 11:49 AM

CC I will pray right now for Niko Divine mercy chaplet for him and his family also Father Aaron's family Ken

Sandy
April 8, 2021 at 11:01 AM

I will include baby Niko and your family in my prayers.

April 8, 2021 at 10:35 AM

Tim Goetz I will pray for you and yours and Father Aaron's family right now. Please pray for the essential workers and their families and the people who have no one to pray for them. Living faith family please pray and keep in mind the souls in purgatory. Watching my granddaughter and Elmo things were so much simpler when my children were watching sesame street. I am praying for the living faith family. Ken

April 8, 2021 at 09:48 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my children. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ , Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever. Amen Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry nd declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your KIngdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts - by the power of God- cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits, who prowl about the work seeding the ruin of souls. Amen

April 8, 2021 at 09:21 AM

April 8, 2021 at 09:00 AM

"Peace Be With You" Jesus comes to us in today's Gospel to announce that he has risen and to tell each of us, it is he not a ghost and to believe. He opens up our minds to the Holy Scripture, and tells us that he came to fulfill scripture, not to destroy it. May we now open our minds and hearts to reach out to others and share his good news, so his word may continue to grow in the heart of others for many years to come, we pray, Amen. Give Glory to God and bring peace to souls. Peace is the gift that Jesus brings to us today from Heaven, his gift, the gift of God. A gift so beautiful. Dear Jesus, please extend your mercy and compassion towards Father Aaron's family today, while they say goodbye to their Husband, Father, Grandfather and Great Grandfather. Please hear the prayers of our Living Faith Family, for those who have no one to pray for them and for all of the souls in Purgatory that today they may see Christ face in Heaven we pray, Amen.

April 8, 2021 at 08:22 AM

April 8, 2021 at 08:17 AM

April 8, 2021 at 08:00 AM

Dear God, may I recognize your son in every person that I meet. And may they see Jesus in all my actions. God Bless The Living Faith Family.

Kevyn Mary
April 8, 2021 at 08:53 AM

azmom
April 8, 2021 at 08:42 AM

Lovely prayer, Annette. This will be my prayer, too. God bless.

Tim