Catholic Bible Press
Catholic Bible Press
March 27, 2021
Lenten Weekday
At the Same Time
The chief priests and the Pharisees convened the Sanhedrin and said, “What are we going to do? This man is performing many signs…” So from that day on they planned to kill him… Now the Passover of the Jews was near, and many went up from the country to Jerusalem… They looked for Jesus…
John 11:47, 53, 55, 56

Just before today’s passage, Jesus had raised Lazarus from the dead. This is what caused the leaders to insist that he must die.

Jewish celebration of Passover this year begins today and ends next Sunday. Some years it can be a month apart from our Palm Sunday and Holy Week. This year, with so many of us suffering different kinds of painful change, illness and death, I am grateful that our Christian and Jewish communities all over the world will be revisiting ancient Scriptures and sacred rituals at the same time.

Beloved God, as Jews celebrate your freeing them from slavery in Egypt, and Christians celebrate Jesus’ death and resurrection, may the world be filled with your love that carries us through all struggle, beyond death to life.

- Patricia Livingston

Ezekiel 37:21-28 • Jeremiah 31:10-13 John 11:45-56

Comments

March 27, 2021 at 07:11 PM

Gayle LaPointe Respond to comment
March 27, 2021 at 12:55 PM

Great! Passover and Holy Week coincide? In first reading God says I will make them one nation to abide on the land I give them. Praise God!

March 27, 2021 at 10:34 AM

For well over 2000 plus years now, all God has desired from us is pretty simple, Love and Obedience. That’s it, pretty simple, but we and many others, just do not seem to do that on a consistence basis, do we. I am a sinner, I am not pointing any fingers here except towards myself. Why do I keep repeating the same sin over and say to my self , I will strive to be better tomorrow, then something triggers the temptation to return to sin and I repeat my sinful action over and over again. Let us all try to do better and be the people our God desires us to be since the beginning of time that he created us to be. God sent his prince into the world to save us, first with David and then his only son our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and yet we still sin. Let us focus on God’s love as we enter Holy Week and walk with Jesus to the upper room, the cross and the tomb, so that come Sunday morning we will be ready for his resurrection. I am really excited and embrace the upcoming week. Today I ask for his forgiveness of my sins and look forward to the future and the resurrection to come. Amen. Continued prayers for all of our Living Faith Family, for those who have no one to pray for them and for the many souls in Purgatory that they may see their Lord and Savior’s face today in paradise. Amen.

March 27, 2021 at 09:13 AM

***God is faithful and what He said will be fulfilled in His time!!! Ezekiel 37:21-22b, "Thus says the Lord GOD: I will take the children of Israel from among the nations to which they have come, and gather them from all sides to bring them back to their land. I will make them one nation upon the land, in the mountains of Israel, and there shall be one prince for them all." ***Remember the Six-day war in 1967 and the conflicts in 1973 during which God protected His people, the Jews! He will continue to do so to protect them in future conflicts. The question is which side are you or US on? God's or the world's? ***God used even the high priest to prophesy in John 11:49-52, "But one of them, Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, said to them, “You know nothing, nor do you consider that it is better for you that one man should die instead of the people, so that the whole nation may not perish.” He did not say this on his own, but since he was high priest for that year, he prophesied that Jesus was going to die for the nation, and not only for the nation, but also to gather into one the dispersed children of God." *******Look at the "I will" statements in the first reading and you know God's plan for His people, the Jews! What is God's purpose? Ezekiel 37:28, "Thus the nations shall know that it is I, the LORD, Who make Israel holy, when my sanctuary shall be set up among them forever." FOREVER, God said :-) What do I do? Ezekiel 18:31, "Cast away from you all the crimes you have committed, says the LORD, and make for yourselves a new heart and a new spirit." With Your heart and Your Spirit, Lord! Amen!!!

March 27, 2021 at 10:10 AM

A Simple Prayer by The Praise Baby Collection. https://youtu.be/_AtXdF2Q18U

March 27, 2021 at 07:50 AM

I pray for love, acceptance, and forgiveness between the Jewish people and the other people of the world starting with me.