Catholic Bible Press
Catholic Bible Press
March 26, 2021
Lenten Weekday
Seeing and Believing
If I do not perform my Father’s works, do not believe me, but if I perform them, even if you do not believe me, believe the works…
John 10:37-38

The religious leaders of the time, learned scholars that they were, just couldn’t grasp the concept of what Jesus was saying, that he was the Son of God. So he tried to make it as simple as possible for them: watch what I do; even if you don’t believe I am who I say I am, believe in God’s works that I do.

Even when we don’t realize it, people are watching our works. When they see us feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, forgive the unforgivable, show patience and offer all the other acts of corporal and spiritual works of mercy, they glimpse the Almighty. Publicly, they may ridicule us as fools or chumps for what we do and the sacrifices we make. But privately, what we do may help foster their conversion.

God, help me to do your works consistently and faithfully.

- Melanie Rigney

Jeremiah 20:10-13 • Psalm 18:2-7 John 10:31-42

Comments

March 26, 2021 at 04:35 PM

This HELPS me so much. Thank you.

March 26, 2021 at 10:53 AM

C. S. Lewis said: "Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching." Words to live by...doing good works even when you don't get "credit."

March 26, 2021 at 08:31 AM

Jesus is God, the son of the Father, the second member of the blessed Trinity. He has come to do the will of the Father, so that we may come to believe in him. Truly Jesus says to each one of us, "I Am The Son Of God", " Whoever believes in me, shall never die, but receive eternal life. This is our faith, believe and come to him, for Holy Week Is Finally Upon Us. Blessed are we who are at the door today, let Jesus into your hearts and live abundantly for him and others. "Praise Him" . This morning we had over 600 men on our rosary at 6:30AM Central Time, "Praise Him". If you want to join this Rosary it is every Friday at 6:30AM, sponsored by TMIY, That Man Is You. Dear Jesus as we enter this final home stretch may we humbly come with you on your journey to the cross for us, our sins not yours. Please hear the continued prayers of this Living Faith Family, for those who come to you everyday, but do not have anyone to pray for them, and for all of the souls in Purgatory that they may be reunited with you today in Heaven, we pray, Amen.

Pam
March 26, 2021 at 11:15 AM

Tim! Well said! Your words got my attention! God Bless us, and all who we love!

March 26, 2021 at 08:26 AM

Amen. May God watch over us and guide us each and every day.

Tim
March 27, 2021 at 10:39 AM

Pam, may he continue to bless you and your family. Miss our zooms, but know that we will always have a special place reserved in our hearts for each one of you, I pray, Amen.

March 26, 2021 at 08:13 AM