Catholic Bible Press
Catholic Bible Press
March 22, 2021
Lenten Weekday
God Knows the Truth
The whole assembly cried aloud, blessing God who saves those that keep hope in him.
Daniel 13:60

Today we hear the story of Susanna and the wicked elders. Though trapped by their lies, she maintains her innocence and trusts that God knows the truth of what happened behind the garden walls. Susanna puts her hope in the Lord and is saved!

When life gets knotted up in “he said, she said” complications, do we stick to the truth of what we said or did? Or are we inclined to cling to our “rightness” and put the spin on what is best for us, as the two men who lusted after Susanna did? In our lives, as in the story, God knows what really happened. God sees into our hearts, knows our intentions, our wounds, our sinfulness. Sometimes the hard truth is that we were wrong, we made a bad choice, we acted out of our worst selves. And we need to make reparations for our failings. In all the entanglements of life, if we stick to the truth and we put our hope in him, God will see us through.

- Jennifer Christ

Daniel 13:1-9, 15-17, 19-30, 33-62 • Psalm 23:1-6 John 8:1-11

Comments

March 22, 2021 at 03:47 PM

Jennifer, thank your for your beautiful devotion. * "God Knows the Truth "! I've been "in “he said, she said” complications", where I have "clung to my “rightness” and told "a little white lie" in order to win my situation. Well, it's never worked out my way by telling a "a little white lie". But for the most part when I fall into a more serious “he said, she said” complication", I do my best to stick to the truth, and speak the truth from my heart. Those situations have been very frightening, but I stop, pray and remind myself that God knows me, He know my heart, just as He knows the other person/persons and their hearts. He knows what really happened, He knows the truth and He has a way of exposing it, and settling the “he said, she said” situation according to the truth. By being honest, truthful, giving the complication to God to handle and placing my hope and trust in the Lord, He has always pulled through for me without harm. God Bless our Living Faith Family and continued prayers for all.

March 22, 2021 at 11:33 AM

The truth will always set us free. God bless our LF family as we continue on our Lenten journey.

March 22, 2021 at 09:30 AM

Yes, God sees our hearts and the truth in these difficult situations! But do we know God's heart and His truth in our difficult situations??? Most of the time, we justify our actions to preserve ourselves as in the end justifies the means :-( * I do that to make me look better than what it really is. * I do that to cover up my not-so-bad mistakes. * I do that to continue the lies already started. *** God's heart - Daniel 13:44-46, "The Lord heard her prayer. As she was being led to execution, God stirred up the Holy Spirit of a young boy named Daniel, and he cried aloud: “I will have no part in the death of this woman.” *** God's Truth - Ezekiel 33:11, "I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked man, says the Lord, but rather in his conversion, that he may live." John 8:7, "But when they continued asking Him (Jesus), He straightened up and said to them, “Let the one among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” *** When I know God's heart and His truth and keep the hope in Him and not my circumstance, all glory will be to God in the highest!!! This leads me to a blog I read in https://bsfblog.org/new-life-on-death-row/

Gayle
March 22, 2021 at 10:23 AM

I try to make myself fell better too!

March 22, 2021 at 09:11 AM

March 22, 2021 at 08:37 AM

Come and share in his Devine Mercy. Is this not the result of when we come to the Lord during our confession. We serve a loving and merciful God, who wants us to be truthful in all we do. To be a disciple to what is good in the world, sharing with others, treating others as ourselves and leading others to his light. As we are heading toward the home stretch of Lent, let us look within in prayer with our Father in Heaven and examine ourselves. Is this the path in our life we want to continue following, if not, let us alter our course today by allowing us to come to confession with our Lord and ask for his forgiveness. Jesus gave each of us his example, to forgive and tells each of us, go and sin no more. Dear Jesus, please hear our prayers today for our Living Faith Family, for those who have no one to pray for them and for all of the souls in Purgatory that they too be reunited with Christ in his heavenly Kingdon, we pray, Amen. Have a Blessed Monday, everyone.

March 22, 2021 at 08:25 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on me. Lord Jesus Christ , Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declarer that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies frequencies(airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts- by the power of God-cast into hell Satan and all evil spirts, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

March 22, 2021 at 08:12 AM

March 22, 2021 at 03:29 AM

Who can discern the true motivations behind many of our own words or actions? Never mind passing judgement on the behaviour of others. I try to research my motivation before I speak or act, not always successfully. My view of things and justification can be coloured by pride and ego. I find it best to leave the judging of others to the Lord. Thank you Jennifer for a thoughtful devotional.

March 22, 2021 at 10:09 AM

Patrick Amen I often find myself judging myself and others. I need to reflect more. Salina and Tim as always you guys are right on. We are lucky to have your reflections. New ending to the gospel this morning. " when Jesus is writing on the ground after telling the woman to sin no more. A small stone hits him in back. Jesus then turns and says " really mother " " Hope that makes you smile. Ken

EM
March 22, 2021 at 06:51 AM

Amen. Yes Patrick thoughtful reflection and ditto on your thoughtful and compassionate response. God, increase our hope in you. Prayers for all.