Catholic Bible Press
Catholic Bible Press
March 17, 2021
St. Patrick
Pray With St. Patrick
Sing out, O heavens, and rejoice O earth,
break forth into song you mountains,
For the LORD comforts his people
and shows mercy to his afflicted.
Isaiah 49:13

We commemorate St. Patrick, a fifth-century bishop and former slave, famous for driving snakes out of Ireland. I’ve never been to Ireland, plus I live where there are no dangerous snakes, so his deed didn’t hold much meaning for me. Until I realized that snakes are also an image for the unpleasant forces that can slither and slide into human existence. Gossip, for instance, poisons relationships and squeezes the life out of families and communities. What might be afflicting us now?

St. Patrick is beloved because he offered God’s mercy to free people from what afflicted them, bringing God’s comfort and the reassurance that God never forgets them, even when they forsake him. Let’s rejoice in praying with St. Patrick.

Let us arise today through God’s strength to pilot us, God’s Word to speak for us.

- Mary Marrocco

Isaiah 49:8-15 • Psalm 145:8-9, 13-14, 17-18 John 5:17-30

Comments

March 18, 2021 at 08:19 AM

EM Bonnie L. Pam Tillie and Bill L thank you guys for the thoughts and prayers. KM I will pray for your mother and you and your family. Know that she will soon be in peace with the Lord. It's great having the living faith family to help and support each other. Working today will pray between clients Ken

March 17, 2021 at 09:00 PM

Please Living Faith family pray for my mom who is in the final stage of Alzheimer’s, and now she is having many seizures throughout the day. She is not eating very much at all, and it is, without a doubt, the hardest thing my family and I have experienced in a very long time. Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Thank you all and God bless!!

Tim
March 18, 2021 at 09:16 AM

KM and Ken and all of our Living Faith Family, know that today and every day you are in our most deeply prayers, Amen.

March 17, 2021 at 04:42 PM

Ken, prayers and comfort to you today. My mom's birthday is coming up and I always made her Stuffed Cabbage for her birthday dinner. So I will dedicate tonight's stuffed cabbage dinner to you and Kathy. Prayers also to the Living Faith family and all in need of prayers.

March 17, 2021 at 02:43 PM

HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY Living Family. Mary, thank you for your devotion. * I Pray With St. Patrick that God will have and show us his mercy, comfort and the reassurance that God never forgets us, even when I/we forsake him. "The LORD is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and of great kindness". Ken (Kjc), I continue to pray that God will comfort you and eases your pain and sorrow from the loss of Kathy, your beloved friend. Grief lasts a lifetime. God Bless our Living Faith Family.

March 17, 2021 at 01:09 PM

Ken, I can’t even imagine the void you feel today, knowing how much Kathy loved and embraced her Irish heritage. But you have to know her Irish eyes are smiling down on you! God Bless you and all who you love.

March 17, 2021 at 11:46 AM

Amen! St Patrick pray for us! Ken, Mark offering up my rosary for your intentions today and for the LF Family. Your faith inspires me daily.

March 17, 2021 at 10:13 AM

Amen! Happy Saint Patrick's Day! My family is Irish and I have been to Ireland - beautiful place that I hope to see again!

March 17, 2021 at 08:33 AM

Amen. Happy St. Patrick's Day to my LF family!

Pam
March 17, 2021 at 12:54 PM

Freeter! Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you! And...Amen! God Bless!

March 17, 2021 at 08:25 AM

(The Message version) ***God's promises in Isaiah 49:8a, 9-10, "God also says: “When the time’s ripe, I answer you. When victory’s due, I help you...I tell prisoners (in bondage and addiction), ‘Come on out. You’re free!’ and those huddled in fear (in anxiety and depression), ‘It’s all right. It’s safe now.’ There’ll be foodstands along all the roads, picnics on all the hills—Nobody hungry, nobody thirsty, shade from the sun, shelter from the wind, for the Compassionate One (Jesus) guides them, takes them to the best springs." ***God's faithfulness in Isaiah 49:14-16a, "But Zion (God's people) said, “I don’t get it. God has left me. My Master has forgotten I even exist.” (God says) “Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I’d never forget you—never. Look, I’ve written your names on the backs of My hands." ***God's praises in Psalm 145:8-9, 13b-14, 17-18, "The LORD is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and of great kindness. The LORD is good to all and compassionate toward all His works. The LORD is faithful in all His words and holy in all His works. The LORD lifts up all who are falling and raises up all who are bowed down. The LORD is just in all His ways and holy in all His works. The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in Truth (Jesus)! ******Amen! Lord Jesus! Faithful God by I AM THEY https://youtu.be/zUaS1Y-jyMk

March 17, 2021 at 07:51 AM

Happy St. Patrick’s Day to our Living Faith Family. God offers all of us his everlasting covenant, and offers us his salvation. Come out of the darkness and into the light. Our Lord our God is gracious and merciful. Today, Jesus is the son of God. Whoever hears and believes will live. Jesus has the power, given to him by his Father, to cast his final judgement on the living and the dead. Jesus reminds us, this Lenten Season that it is not too late to be saved. Come from the dark into the light. Jesus comes to do the will of the Father, knock, knock, today hear his voice and live. Prayers for our Living Faith Family for those who have no one to pray for them and for all of the souls in Purgatory that they will be saved and see the face of Christ today in his Kingdom, we pray. Amen.

maricia julien Respond to comment
March 17, 2021 at 07:51 AM

Lord free us from addiction that bondage in Jesus name

March 17, 2021 at 07:04 AM

"I bind to myself to-day, The strong power of the invocation of the Trinity: The faith of the Trinity in the Unity The Creator of the elements." Saint Patrick's Breastplate Peace be with you all!

March 17, 2021 at 06:51 AM

St. Patrick, we pray for all those afflicted by addiction. Free them from that bondage. Hear our prayer.

Bonnie L
March 17, 2021 at 01:25 PM

I Pray for you everyday Ken (KJC) May God Bless you. I too am Irish ☘️ and my husband is not but he decorates our home and I cook Irish food as well. May God Bless Kathy’s soul. Amen

March 17, 2021 at 10:13 AM

Living faith family I agree we should pray for help with addictions. Let those who have problems feel the love of their families and the help they can provide. We also need to be available to help them. Living faith family please pray for me Saint Patrick's day was always a big day for my Irish wife Kathy. She would decorate the house make or get Irish food Shamrock shakes. No parades sad times. Nevertheless join me in praying for the essential workers and their families and the souls in purgatory and those who have no one to pray for them. Ken