Catholic Bible Press
Catholic Bible Press
March 12, 2021
Lenten Weekday
To Love With Everything
Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is Lord alone! …“to love him with all your heart, with all your understanding, with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself” is worth more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.
Mark 12:29, 33

In the readings for today, God asks for the totality of our lives: all heart, all thought, all strength. It seems like there would be little left of us after such a commitment, but then God stretches us further. We must also love our neighbors and ourselves.

When our hearts are divided among many different objects and desires, it is indeed difficult to love ourselves and our neighbor. But when our hearts are united in God alone, we have access to an infinite source of love.

- Elizabeth Duffy

Hosea 14:2-10 • Psalm 81:6-11, 14, 17 Mark 12:28-34

Comments

March 12, 2021 at 01:10 PM

***In Hosea God says to me (Salina): 1) Return to the Lord your God! 2) Say to God, "Forgive all my sins and receive me graciously, that I may offer the fruit of my lips. 3) I will never again say ‘my gods’ (notice the small g in gods) to what my own hands have made (I made these gods), for (only) in You (God) the fatherless find compassion.” 4 )What more has Salina to do with idols (made by her own hands)? God has humbled Salina, but God will prosper Salina. 5) Let Salina who is wise understand these things; 6) let Salina who is prudent know them. 7) Straight are the paths of the LORD, in them the just walk, but sinners stumble in them. Amen!!! ***The Gospel in Mark: 1) Jesus said first love God and then I am capable of loving people! Love God Love People by Danny Gokey https://youtu.be/cQ8D2Mx7tGg 2)The scribe said to Him (Jesus), “Well said, teacher. You are right in saying, He is One and there is no other than He. And to love Him with all your heart, with all your understanding, with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is worth more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.” 3) He (Jesus) said to him (Scribe), “You are not far from the Kingdom of God.” Funny Jesus said that because the Scribe was close but NOT in the Kingdom of God! Matthew 4:17, "Repent, says the Lord; the Kingdom of heaven is at hand!" You see, knowing the Truth is not the same as doing (repent) the Truth...walk the talk! *******Lord Lesus, You are the Lord my God and I hear Your voice :-)

March 12, 2021 at 08:58 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord Jesus Christ have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever. Amen Father. in the name of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angels and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen

Eleanor Pierre Respond to comment
March 12, 2021 at 08:51 AM

Where is the love ? Perfect love cast out fear.

Cindy A
March 12, 2021 at 09:59 AM

Eleanor, I offered a pray for you sister yesterday and will do so again. You are obviously concerned for her and rightfully so. May God be with all of you throughout this financial struggle and grant your sister the security of knowing she has a home. Cindy A

March 12, 2021 at 08:51 AM

" Return To The Lord" Forgive me my Lord for I have sinned, show me the light, so that I may not walk in darkness. Lord, you know all, see in my heart my eagerness to healed and forgiven, so that I may be used as an example to others and bring home the lost, in your blessed name I pray. Dear Holy Spirit, fill me with additional Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding that I may provide for my family all the days of my life. Dear Holy Spirit hear my prayers for my Children, that they may come to your light and be disciples in the world, and lastly, but equally important in my life, please hear my prayer for my best friend who came into my life some 32 years ago and brought your light that still shines in my life. Dear Jesus, I do love the Father, my one and true God with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength. Hear my prayer to be a better person to my neighbor and love them also with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength, so that this world, my life will be filled with the goodness of you. Dear Jesus we come to you today in prayer for our Living Faith Family, for those who have no one to pray for them and for all of the souls in Purgatory, that they today see the face of Christ. Please Jesus let us all not be far from the Kingdom of God your Father. Amen.

Bill L
March 12, 2021 at 04:22 PM

Beautiful prater, Tim. Thank you. Prayers to all in need today.

david
March 12, 2021 at 02:16 PM

Thank you Tim, for sharing with us this valued prayer.

March 12, 2021 at 10:51 AM

Amen, Tim!

ESV
March 12, 2021 at 09:41 AM

Eleanor Pierre Respond to comment
March 12, 2021 at 08:49 AM

Good morning in response to Salina and Sandy on the 3/11/2021.My sister's son has not ,nor never contributed a dime to the mortgage payment. He just signed on the dotted line.At the time of the purchasing of the property her funds were in efficient. Thank you both for your input.

Bill L
March 12, 2021 at 04:21 PM

Offering prayers for you and your sister, Eleanor.

March 12, 2021 at 08:15 AM

March 12, 2021 at 08:00 AM

Sham Peter Narine Respond to comment
March 12, 2021 at 05:49 AM

Thanks Elizabeth for today's devotion . Jesus provides us the key to entry into God’s Kingdom. We can live our lives confidently and rightly only when we acknowledge the one God who is our Lord. We are called to love him with our entire being, heart, soul, mind and strength. We must put God as the center of our life before all others, including our loved ones. However, Jesus also listed the second commandment, which is to love our neighbor as ourselves. Loving one’s neighbor is more than just giving them some leftovers from our bounty or giving them something we do not need. The basis of loving our neighbor is to love them as much as we love ourselves. In other words, we must be fully identified with our neighbor in such a way that we feel with them and care for them as much as we care for ourselves. Prayer for all the living faith family members. Have a blessed day everyone.

March 12, 2021 at 11:12 AM

Amen!!! I totally agree with you, Sham Peter Narine! And you are right, Ken (Kjc), this is easier said than done! *God has told us how this can be done: Love Him first and when I do that with all my being and everything in me, He will pour out His love through me to my neighbors. *It is not me who is capable of loving others, but He Who loved me while I was still a sinner is loving others through me. *There is a difference: Love God first and His love for me overflows to others (Supernatural - easier); Love others to show God how much I love Him (natural - harder)! ***So now with the sequence of loving God and then loving other will be easier said AND done :-) "for it is God Who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill His good purpose!" Philippians 2:13

March 12, 2021 at 08:04 AM

Sham/PeterNarine You are totally right again. This is easier said than done. How do we love our neighbors and more importantly how do we love and get to know the people who have much less than us. I will pray for you and the living faith family this morning as I ride to be with my youngest grandson Hendrix. Please pray for him as he is not feeling great over the last few days. I know Kathy my wife and bestfriend is always around to guide me. Living faith family pray for the essential workers and the souls in purgatory. I am not a robot. Ken