Catholic Bible Press
Catholic Bible Press
February 26, 2021
Lenten Weekday
Waiting Together
My soul waits for the Lord
more than sentinels wait for the dawn.
Psalm 130:6

Psalm 130 is a lament often used in liturgical prayers for loved ones who have died. It speaks of the depths of profound sorrow and overwhelming grief in which we sometimes find ourselves. But it’s not without hope, even at our lowest times. However long the night, the psalmist sings, we wait in the company of a God who never abandons, a faithful companion to us. We wait with hearts aware and attentive as a sentinel, watching for the first sign of dawn. We wait for the daylight in hope that it will break through our loss and pain. That’s a whole lot of waiting, but we do not wait alone. The Holy One waits with us.

- Sr. Chris Koellhoffer, IHM

Ezekiel 18:21-28 • Psalm 130:1-8 Matthew 5:20-26

Comments

February 26, 2021 at 09:16 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for today's Gospel. Thank you Lord for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever. Amen Father, in the mane of Jesus Christ, we ask that you release your warrior angles and heavenly hosts. We decry and declare that they would take us off the enemies' radar and scramble the enemies' frequencies (airwaves). Your Kingdom must come now. Your will must be done right now, as in the heavens, also on earth. Amen

February 26, 2021 at 08:58 AM

Our Lord wants us to turn away from our sinfulness and live a life worthy of the Heavenly Kingdom that he has prepared for us to enjoy for all eternity. All though we all must die we shall live with the Lord. The time is now, to repent turn away from our old selfs and begin a new. This Lenten Journey we can reconcile with our brothers and be ready to give back to our Lord our service for his church. We pray for all of the Living Faith Family gathered here today, for our sins, our brothers sins, for those who have no one to pray for them and for all of the souls in Purgatory that they may be reunited with Christ in his Heavenly Kingdom today, we pray, Amen.

February 26, 2021 at 08:40 AM

February 26, 2021 at 08:08 AM

February 26, 2021 at 07:36 AM

Thank you Jesus for waiting alongside with me. Thank you for being my faithful companion-even when I forget you're right by my side. Jesus help me grow in trust in You.

February 26, 2021 at 10:21 AM

Celia Welcome know that the living faith family is always there. We will pray for you and yours and respond to your comments. Living faith family please pray for the souls in purgatory and the essential workers and their families and the people who have no one to pray for them. Watching my new grandson 9 months old. What a Joy wish my wife Kathy was here but I know that she's watching and guiding me. Ken

February 26, 2021 at 05:35 AM

Psalm 130:3, "If you, O Lord, mark iniquities, who can stand?" Great question, Psalmist! So who can stand it when God marks iniquities? Jesus said in Matthew 5:20, "Jesus said to His disciples: “I tell you, unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter into the Kingdom of heaven." * So can anyone surpass the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees? And do you think the Scribes and Pharisees were righteous? Why did Jesus say that? * The Pharisees and scribes were known to be the teachers of the Law and the perfect Law keepers. Jesus was saying you couldn't enter the Kingdom of heaven even if you were the perfect Law keepers (righteousness) like the scribes and Pharisees. * You see, over time the scribes and Pharisees putting more emphasis on the letter of the Law than the God behind the Law :-( They became professionals at spelling out the letter of the Law while ignoring the spirit behind it. Things became so bad that the regulations and traditions the scribes added to the Law were considered more important than the Law itself. ***The truth is 1) Romans 3:10, "There is no one righteous, not even one!" 2) Romans 3:23, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God!" 3) 1 John 1:8, "If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us!" ***So what is the answer? Keep my best to do the best according to the Law? How long will my best last? ***Romans 7:24-25a, "What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, Who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!" ***Philippians 3:9b, "I (Paul) no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ!" ***Galatians 2:16, "Yet we know that a person is made right with God by faith in Jesus Christ, not by obeying the law. And we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we might be made right with God because of our faith in Christ, not because we have obeyed the law. For no one will ever be made right with God by obeying the law!" *******Start Right Here by Casting Crown https://youtu.be/wGvfagBOHJE *My prayer: Let me hope in the Lord for with the LORD is kindness and with You is plenteous redemption; And You will redeem me from all my iniquities, Amen! (Psalm 130:7-8)

Celia
February 26, 2021 at 12:04 PM

Thank you Ken. I can sure use the prayers. I pray you enjoy your time with your grandchild.

Sid
February 26, 2021 at 10:54 AM

Amen and thank you Salina for your contribution to the Living Faith Family.