grouplicense
grouplicense
January 30, 2021
Pray for an Increase
Then he asked them, “Why are you terrified? Do you not yet have faith?”
Mark 4:40

The disciples faced moments of doubt, even as they sat right beside Jesus in the boat. All of us have our faith tested by the storms and strife in our lives. We believe that with the gift of faith, we are able to hear the Word of God speaking to us. As a regular daily practice, we do well to pray for an increase in faith and for God’s help in guiding us. When we learn more about God’s love for us through Scripture and the rich experience of the Eucharist, we place our gift of faith on the firm foundation of our Church in community. God rejoices in our desire for a stronger faith. Encouraged by faith, we can go where God leads us, actively living the gospel with complete trust in the power of Christ.

- Deborah Meister

Hebrews 11:1-2, 8-19 • Luke 1:69-75 Mark 4:35-41

Comments

January 30, 2021 at 08:11 PM

AMEN!!!!!

January 30, 2021 at 05:15 PM

Deborah, thank you for your inspiring devotion. * In today's Gospel of the calming of the storm at sea, we witness the spiritual forces of fear and trust. Making their way across the lake, the disciples represent all of us journeying through life. When they confront the mighty waves, they are immediately filled with terror. likewise, when the trials and anxieties of life confront us, the first reaction is fear. No matter how strong my faith is and even the older I get, my first reaction when I am first confronted with a trial or storm is "fear". But as soon as I calm down, sit still, pray and listen to Jesus, my Lord and Savior, my faith and trust in God overcomes my fear. Sometimes it takes one or two days. God Bless our Living Faith Family and continued prayers for all.

January 30, 2021 at 12:39 PM

January 30, 2021 at 11:17 AM

When we are on a boat in a violent storm and don't feel the need to question Jesus about our safety or we are ready to offer up our son for sacrifice, we will know then that our faith is strong. Blessings and continued prayers for all LF family.

January 30, 2021 at 09:58 AM

Let it be ever on our hearts.... Jesus, I Trust In You!

January 30, 2021 at 09:31 AM

Ahhh!!! The defination of FAITH in Hebrews 11:1, "Faith is the REALIZATION of what is hoped for and EVIDENCE of things not seen!" THAT MEANS FAITH IS TO REALIZE WHAT I CANNOT SEE :-) ***The chapter of faith in Hebrews 11, the hall of faith-ers :-) *Let's see what faith looks like in Hebrews 11:8-11, "By faith Abraham obeyed...By faith he sojourned...By faith he received..." *Let's see where faith takes in Hebrews 11:13, "All these died in faith. They did not receive what had been promised but saw it and greeted it from afar and acknowledged themselves to be strangers and aliens on earth..." *Let's see what faith brings in Hebrews 11:17, "By faith Abraham, when put to the test, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises was ready to offer his only son..." ***Why faith? Because Hebrews 11:6, "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him!" ***Did the disciples REALIZE WHAT THEY COULD NOT SEE (the definition of faith) when a violet storm came up while Jesus was sleeping in their boat? Do you REALIZE WHAT YOU CANNOT SEE when you are in the midst a violet storm and suffering while Jesus seems to be sleeping and not answering your prayers? Is Jesus asking you the same question as He asked the disciples in Mark 4:40, "Then He asked them, “Why are you terrified? Do you not yet have faith?” Are you and do you??? ***Eye Of The Storm by Ryan Stevenson https://youtu.be/X2FqFLKisys ***Amen :-)

January 30, 2021 at 09:31 AM

“Let us cross to the other side, with Jesus at our side.” Do we have faith, or do we only have faith only when things in life are going great. Sometimes it is the hardest to have faith, that everything is going to be alright in the middle of our life’s storms, trust me, I am there right with you. As I have gotten older though, I try to remind myself, that I will get through to the other side I have God with me, I put him first, but still I have these storms. I believe that I will have these storms in my life until the day I die, so let me try to strengthen my faith along the way, and trust in God that he will get me through to the other side where the light will shine. Better said than done , but I am up for the challenge. In my life I have storms, mostly from my career not all days, but a lot of days. Dear Jesus you know all, you know what is in my heart and where my priorities lie, help my to face these storms as you would like for me to, and give me additional strength and faith to look at these head on. Praying for our Living Faith Family, those who have no one to pray for them and for the souls in Purgatory, that they may be reunited in Heaven with our Heavenly Father. Amen

Gayle
January 30, 2021 at 10:35 AM

Salina, you always make me think. Thank you.

January 30, 2021 at 08:45 AM

Amen! Prayers for all in the path of the winter storm.

kjc
January 30, 2021 at 09:53 AM

Holly Yes prayers for those facing the storm. Living Faith family yesterday I watched my youngest grandson Hendrix, what a joy to play on the floor and them snuggle and sing to him for two nap times. My blessed wife and best friend was with me the entire time giving me advice and guidance. Living Faith family I will keep you in my prayers today. Please pray for the essential workers and their families, as well as the souls on purgatory and the people who have no one to pray for them. Maybe call someone today, who would love to hear your voice, and really need someone to think of them. Ken

January 30, 2021 at 07:41 AM

Thank you, Deborah, for your encouraging reflection! “ I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!” (Phil. 4:13)

Barbara