January 29, 2021
All She Ever Wanted
For, after just a brief moment, he who is to come shall come.
Hebrews 10:37

The text message read, “Call. Bad news.” She was not one to ask for help. Something had to be terribly wrong. And it was. She was far from her home and a thousand miles from mine. Hospitalized during the pandemic, she was struggling alone with a grave prognosis. Our calls were agonizingly brief and incomplete because it was hard for her to speak. I could hear suffering in her voice, but oh, how she tried to disguise it. There were many questions I couldn’t ask. And there was nothing more her doctors could do. I prayed for God to hear my jumbled prayers, to come to her aid.

Within days of going home, the Lord set her free. That early morning, the mountains she loved so much came alive with the colors of dawn. All she ever wanted was to go home. Vaya con Dios, my brave, big sister.

- Gail Goleas

Hebrews 10:32-39 • Psalm 37:3-6, 23-24, 39-40 Mark 4:26-34

Comments

January 30, 2021 at 01:12 AM

Mathew 11:28* “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,* and I will give you rest.

January 29, 2021 at 10:58 PM

What an inspiration, Gail! Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your sister today! God bless you and your family. Amen

Elizabeth Murphy Respond to comment
January 29, 2021 at 06:29 PM

Beautiful, just beautiful Gail. Am sorry for your loss but happy for your sister and Heaven, where she is now in Paradise with Jesus, home.

January 29, 2021 at 04:29 PM

Beautiful devotion, Gail. My prayers are with you and your sister tonight.

January 29, 2021 at 04:04 PM

Gail, thank you for your heart warming devotion and memorial of your beloved brave sister. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I sympathize with you as I can relate to the hurt and sorrow of losing a loved one. I pray that God will provide you and your family with comfort, consolation and the strength to keep going on without your "Big Sister". Just know that she is with our Lord and Savior and is in His loving hands. Keep the Faith and God Bless you and your family.

January 29, 2021 at 02:59 PM

https://youtu.be/8vFbgzQoj2Q 2021 March for Life - Together Strong: Life Unites! *** Psalm 139:13-16, "For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be." I praise You, Lord God!!! Amen :-)

January 29, 2021 at 02:38 PM

Sorry for your loss, Gail. It's so hard losing a loved one and nothing we can say will ease the pain. Just know that you're in our thoughts & prayers. She will be missed but she is at peace forever with our Lord. Flying with the angels and smiling down at you. God blessings always!

January 29, 2021 at 01:00 PM

My heart goes out to you. I just watched this video prepared by the choir at my church (recorded remotely, individually, at home and electronically ‘merged’!): https://youtu.be/xTj1quEW-RA It is a memorial to our loved ones who passed in the previous year. I’m part of the choir and contributed to Pie Jesu...one of my favorite. I just watched, with tears, this video in memory of your sister and my Dad, Jack, and brother-in-law, Bob, who also passed this year and are pictured here. God is good...and I pray that he is giving you and your family comfort, hope, and joy along with the pain,as he has, and continues to do, for me. I also pray for your sister and ask prayers for my Dad and brother-in-law and family as well. Your writing was inspired.

January 29, 2021 at 12:26 PM

Sorry for your loss Gail. Death is hard for us loved ones, but joy for those moving on to sanctification in the Lord. Dance with the angels Gail’s sister!

Elise
January 30, 2021 at 07:25 AM

Thank you Janet for sharing your tribute video it was beautiful.

Ramona Martinez Respond to comment
January 29, 2021 at 11:58 AM

Beautiful daughter of God our Father ...Let His Most Sacred Merciful Heart ♥️ with His Precious Blood give you the strength, peace, comfort & love you so need. Let Him Hold you in His LOVING Arms! Many Blessings, Hugs ???? & Smiles to You My Dear Sister in Christ. ✝️????????????

January 29, 2021 at 11:31 AM

Gail so sorry for your loss. Will keep you both in my prayers and May the good lord comfort you.

Ginger Lenzmeier Respond to comment
January 29, 2021 at 10:58 AM

May the Lord comfort you, Gail. May His face shine upon you and give you His Peace. Your devotion has blessed us this morning .

January 29, 2021 at 10:39 AM

Gail - God bless your sister, and all who love her.

Pamela D. Jeanette Respond to comment
January 29, 2021 at 10:12 AM

Dear Gail, So very sorry for the loss of your sister. I lost my middle sister in November of 2019, before the pandemic. Lisa had lung cancer at 60 years old and we were shocked, not a smoker, we didn't know why. We were able to be with her the last 8 months of her life, seemed just a brief moment. And in the final days, she said she wanted to go home. Praying for your comfort, I know there is a whole in your heart. "For, after just a brief moment, He Who is to come shall come; He shall not delay..." Love, Pam

January 29, 2021 at 09:55 AM

“May the Peace of the Lord which transcends all understanding, guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus”. (Ph 4:7). The pain never goes away, but with The Lords help, we learn the persevere.

January 29, 2021 at 09:42 AM

Amen. May our Lord comfort you and family, Gail. God bless!

January 29, 2021 at 09:17 AM

Gail, she is included in our prayers here today. Know if your heart she is looking down on all of us, in paradise. Amen

January 29, 2021 at 09:13 AM

"We need endurance to do the will of God". "Live by Faith for the seed of the Kingdom has been sown in each of us". If we believe, we will possess life. When others do and say evil things against us, remember that they did much more to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Remember do not loose your confidence, for our loving and forgiving God will never leave us, he will always be in our hearts. Lastly, we might be but a small seed in the world, but. our loving God will bring a large harvest to the world. He will need our help to direct the paths of others to him, so they too may understand and reap the benefits of the Kingdom's harvest. Dear Jesus, we come to you this day on our bended knees to ask that you hear and answer this dat the prayers of the Living Faith Family gathers here today, for those who have no one to pray for them and for all of the souls in Purgatory, that they too may be reunited with our Heavenly Father in Heaven, we pray in your name. Amen

January 29, 2021 at 09:01 AM

Love today's readings :-) FAITH is all I hear and see!!! ***Difference Faith makes in the midst of suffering: Hebrews 10:35-36, 39, "So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised...But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved!" ***Steps Faith takes in the midst of suffering: Psalm 37:3a, 4a, 5a, 7a, 8a, 27a, 34a, 37a, "Trust in the Lord and do good...Take delight in the Lord...Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him...Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him...Refrain from anger and turn from wrath...Turn from evil and do good...Hope in the Lord and keep His way...Consider the blameless, observe the upright..." ***Process Faith goes through in the midst of suffering: Mark 10:27, 31-32, "Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how...It is like a mustard seed, which is the smallest of all seeds on earth. Yet when planted, it grows and becomes the largest of all garden plants, with such big branches that the birds can perch in its shade!" ***Do you know her? Her name is Faith :-) She is my constant companion! There is always something new I learn about her...she constantly leads me to Jesus day in and day out, moment by moment and without delay or complaints :-) How old is she? To me, she is about a teenager! Your Faith may be older or younger. No matter her age in your life, she leads you to the One and Only, Jesus Christ, Who reigns forever and ever :-) Amen!

January 29, 2021 at 08:48 AM

I have heard of the story where families could not be with those they loved in the hospitals or nursing homes. My heart goes out to you and your family. Peace...

January 29, 2021 at 08:33 AM

January 29, 2021 at 08:31 AM

I am so sorry for your loss of your big sis, Gail :-) God was and is with your big sister, and so were you and your heart and your spirit! She was and is never alone!!! Vaya Con Dios (Go with God) by Anne Murray https://youtu.be/vsKSj95Yy3U

January 29, 2021 at 08:09 AM

Gail may she Rest In Peace.

January 29, 2021 at 08:08 AM

Memory Eternal.

January 29, 2021 at 07:28 AM

Sorry for your loss.

January 29, 2021 at 07:22 AM

Tears for us all.

January 29, 2021 at 07:16 AM

Gail, I am so sorry for your loss! She IS home!

January 29, 2021 at 07:14 AM

January 29, 2021 at 06:59 AM

Beautifully written. I can feel the love you had for your sister. May she rest in God’s loving arms, surrounded by the angels.

January 29, 2021 at 06:57 AM

Gail, this is a beautiful tribute to your beloved sister. May she rest with the angels, and God bring you consolation today and each day.