January 26, 2021
Sts. Timothy and Titus
God’s Family Circle
“Your mother and your brothers and your sisters are outside asking for you.” But he said…“Who are my mother and my brothers?” And looking around at those seated in the circle he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister and mother.”
Mark 3:32-35

That Jesus hears that his mother is outside asking to speak to him and responds this way shocks me. I imagine: How that must have hurt her! Yet I need to stop hearing this as a rejection and open myself to the incredible inclusion. We—all of us—are loved as family by God and take our place in that family circle by doing God’s will, responding to that Love with love…for each other, for ourselves, for God.

Mary, more than anyone who ever lived, “did the will of God.”

Dear Mother Mary, help us understand that we are right with you at that family table when we love. Help us see special ways to love today.

- Patricia Livingston

2 Timothy 1:1-8 or Titus 1:1-5 Psalm 96:1-3, 7-8, 10 • Mark 3:31-35

Comments

January 26, 2021 at 04:24 PM

Thank you Patricia for your devotion. * Jesus’s intent was not disrespectful or rude toward the Blessed Mother. Rather, he takes advantage of a teaching moment. “Whoever does the will of God is brother and sister and mother to Me”. To do God's will is to accept and to be submissive to obeying His commandments and to Love one anther as He has taught us. Jesus says: "If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love." When, through faith, we see every moment and every creature as part in God's divine plan, we live in joyful submission and with a sense of wonder. What is God doing for me now? What path is opening up to me? Why did God send that person, that trial, that pleasure to me just now? God Bless our Living Faith Family and continued prayers for "ALL"

January 26, 2021 at 02:21 PM

Amen ???? Thank you Lord, because You are Love. And all good things come from You. Our Dear Lord and Savior. I am very grateful. My cousin Michelle Morales has been released from the Hospital ???? after being in there for a month with Covid19. She is 57, and now at home with oxygen. Healing in the Almighty name of Jesus, Amen ????

January 26, 2021 at 06:15 PM

Janet I often question the cross. I will add you and yours in my prayers. Ken

Janet Juarez
January 26, 2021 at 02:33 PM

Please excuse the question marks...I had put a picture of a cross & it came out like a question marks...

January 26, 2021 at 10:07 AM

January 26, 2021 at 09:12 AM

Proclaim the word of the Lord. Today we celebrate the feast day of Saint Timothy and Saint Titus, each students of Saint Paul. Jesus reminds us today that the harvest is large, but the labors are few. I think we see the potential for the word of God in our own lives. Many have fallen away from the faith, to grasp onto the things of the world. Maybe they just got board, or their prayers were not answered as fast as they wanted, so they lost hope, faith and now coexist with the world. We all know it is not too late to for us, let us step forward to help Jesus gather the lost sheep and offer to bring them home to God where they belong. We can help with the harvest, by loving others as Jesus loves us and his father. We can also lead others by our own examples. We can lastly share his word with others we come in contact with in our daily lives. If we are close to Jesus in our lives, we will hear his voice and where he is calling us to be and do in this life. Unless we come to him we will never be able to hear him. He will be there with you each step of the way, giving us the right words to say to others, through the power of the Holy Spirit. But we need to step forward, not the other way around. Today, if you hear his voice, harden not your hearts, but find peace in your day. Praying for our Living Faith Family, those who have no one to pray for them and for the souls of Purgatory. Amen

Linda B.
January 26, 2021 at 12:11 PM

Thank you God for the encouraging word today and everyday. Thank you Tim for sharing your thoughts. I have a 24 year old grandson in and out of addiction. He was doing so well again for 3 months and started again. He is dealing with a lot of anger issues from childhood experiences and his unwise decisions. When he is not using, he reads the Bible and we have good discussions about our relationships with God. When his coping skills are low, he falls into the trappings of the world. Like St. Paul, I know God has his hand on him and in His time will pull him out of his depth of despair. Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ, King of endless glory!

January 26, 2021 at 08:56 AM

To all my brothers and sisters on Living Faith, I feel blessed to be able to share our faith together! So many prayers are needed and I am including everyone. Have a blessed and peaceful day. Sandy

Janet Juarez
January 26, 2021 at 02:28 PM

Thank you, Sandy so very much. To You & your family as well. Stay Blessed, safe & well . And enjoy God's Kingdom.

January 26, 2021 at 08:40 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord for my faith, my life, and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever. Amen Please Holy Father help our country to be victorious

January 26, 2021 at 08:27 AM

January 26, 2021 at 07:17 AM

Mother of God, pray for us...

January 26, 2021 at 06:50 AM

Thank you, everyone for your prayers! I will continue to pray for all of you, as well. Esther, a special prayer for you and your family today.

Sham Peter Narine Respond to comment
January 26, 2021 at 05:43 AM

Thanks Patricia for today's devotion. O Lord God, we thank you that in our times we may feel and see that you are at work. This is a joy and comfort to us and we take heart, although the misery on earth sometimes brings us to tears. We find joy again because you are at work. Prayer for all the living faith family members. Prayer for my mother who is not well. Have a blessed day everyone.

Bill L
January 26, 2021 at 05:07 PM

Snow in the desert as well last night. Not near the amount as in that opening picture. Mostly gone now. But the surrounding mountains look beautiful. Thank you Lord. Prayers for all the Living Faith family and for those who have no one to pray for them.

January 26, 2021 at 11:48 AM

Sham/PeterNarine I will continue to pray for you and your mother Esther know that I will keep you and your son KJ and his family in my thoughts and prayers. Barbara Kayla will also be included. I am going to pray the scriptural rosary for all of them right now . Living faith family please pray for my family and the essential workers and their families and the souls in purgatory and the souls who have no one to pray for them I too love the winter scenes Today I am living in it. Ken

Bonnie L
January 26, 2021 at 10:22 AM

Praying for your Mom.

ANNETTE
January 26, 2021 at 07:49 AM

Continued prayers for your mother.